[RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Fargothur6969

[RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Post by Fargothur6969 »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Crashinator08

Your BYOND name: FargothUr911

Date of issue and round ID: 27/07/2019

Reason for complaint:
Here is the context, I was playing as Evelyn Ludwig, a paramedic in the shift before this one, I was talking over comms with another individual in a different language, that being german, now, Crashinator08 messaged me at the end of the shift, asking if I had a moment, of course I said yes. He told me not to speak german, of course I argued against it, at first saying I was roleplaying, to which he said that wasnt allowed and he seemed quite adamant that it was non negotiable, of course, he then pulls the server caveat against me on this here website for reference: https://citadel-station-rules.my-free.website/. This is the caveat in question. "You must be able to read and write English with a level of comprehension meeting the US Grade 11-12 standard." of course, I saw a discrepancy in this, stating that the rules say I must be able to read and write in english and that I am not required to.

I requested another admin as I wanted a second opinion on this, as not only did the server rules, yet again, never said that I had to speak only english, but that Crashinator08 banned me for killing someone, which I will admit, that ban was deserved, but the fact that he even admitted on my previous complaint that he didn't check the history properly, falsley banning me for a day instead of three.

He eventually messaged me back, sending me this picture: https://gyazo.com/3f410ed1a83e024342dafb96fa180d84, which I argued that the server rules needed an update to suit this message, I then said that I should not be punished for breaking a rule that was never shown on the server rules website, he then said he was noting me because of speaking german and arguing against him, I then said I would send a complaint about it and then I got banned.

To summarise: Not only did I get noted for something that was never mentioned in the rules, but also, immediately banned. The only source that he used to argue against me speaking german was a discord message, which, again, is not the same as the server rules. I felt like I wasn't given a proper opportunity to reason, so now I am moving it here.
Last edited by Fargothur6969 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fargothur6969

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Post by Fargothur6969 »

Screenshots just for context.
Attachments
Capture 5.PNG
Capture 5.PNG (4.71 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 4.PNG
Capture 4.PNG (10.55 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 3.PNG
Capture 3.PNG (23.48 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (7.81 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 1.PNG
Capture 1.PNG (24.71 KiB) Viewed 4327 times

Fargothur6969

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Post by Fargothur6969 »

Last few screenshots.
Attachments
Capture 6.PNG
Capture 6.PNG (30.98 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 8.PNG
Capture 8.PNG (22.85 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Capture 7.PNG
Capture 7.PNG (18.14 KiB) Viewed 4327 times

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

You were banned because every single time we've had to talk to you you've been difficult, more or less refused to cooperate, and don't get the meaning of "listen to admins and ask about it later in the relevant channels".
You were given an opportunity to reason and Crash isn't obligated to get you a different admin at your request. Not speaking other IRL languages in IC is something we do expect from players. While we wouldn't punish for a few passing phrases/etc, when you primarily talk for a good amount of time in another real language other than English there's an issue. This is non negotiable.
May I suggest listening to admins in the future, and I still wonder how/why you are still here.

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

kevinz000 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:04 am
You were banned because every single time we've had to talk to you you've been difficult, more or less refused to cooperate, and don't get the meaning of "listen to admins and ask about it later in the relevant channels".
Refuse to cooperate? I consdier what I did cooperative, I replied to every single message sent to me and I also said that I would not do it again.
kevinz000 wrote:
You were given an opportunity to reason and Crash isn't obligated to get you a different admin at your request. Not speaking other IRL languages in IC is something we do expect from players. While we wouldn't punish for a few passing phrases/etc, when you primarily talk for a good amount of time in another real language other than English there's an issue. This is non negotiable.
According to the rules themselves, it never says anywhere that it is a requirement, only the discord message from another admin does.
kevinz000 wrote:
May I suggest listening to admins in the future, and I still wonder how/why you are still here.
I was, and that last remark is irrelevant.

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

Last I checked you've been banned from Main for griefing dorms, banned from RP for over escalation, and now this. You've made how many conplaints now? You're supposed to argue bans and notes in the Appeals forum. This isn't the place for this.

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

VailTheWolf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:16 pm
You're supposed to argue bans and notes in the Appeals forum. This isn't the place for this.
I am complaining about the actions of the admin in question as well.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I feel I shouldn't even need to comment on this. Notes are standard procedure any time someone is talked to about almost anything. They're there for record keeping sake. If you get noted over something it's basically going to be saying "This person was bwoinked because of this, they were told to not do it again". It was how you handled the entire situation that caused another admin to step in and apply the three day ban. I only noted you and it's clear you still haven't learned what got you the ban simply because you've continued to do it in this thread, which is trying to rules lawyer another admin with the exact wording of the rules, instead of listening when you're told "This isn't allowed, don't do it again."

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

HazelBailey wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:11 pm
It was how you handled the entire situation that caused another admin to step in and apply the three day ban. I only noted you and it's clear you still haven't learned what got you the ban simply because you've continued to do it in this thread, which is trying to rules lawyer another admin with the exact wording of the rules, instead of listening when you're told "This isn't allowed, don't do it again."
If you read the screenshot, I clearly said "Fine" in response, as in I would stop speak german, so even though I said I would do it, I still got banned, but, what is this rules lawyering you are talking about? Because again, I do not see any rule regarding this even when searching the exact terms you used (or similar), I have looked on the rules section and I do not see any rule that stops you from reading the rules to an admin, or lawyering as you call it, and that is the exactly reason as to why I put this complaint up, because there is also no rule that states that english is the only language allowed on the server, either there is some big old rulebook that I am missing, or the server rules are flawed.

Either way, since I have not been proven to have actually broken any written rules, I feel that your decision is unjustified, unless there is something to prove me wrong.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

If an admin tells you not to do something, don't do it. Arguing with an admin during a round about the nature, absence, or applicableness of a rule during a round is not allowed. If you feel you have been wronged, take it up in the admin-forum or make a complaint after the round is over.
That's the rule you're looking for. Try fully reading them instead of using ctrl-f.