[RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

VailTheWolf

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Post by VailTheWolf »

Going to interject here again since I don't think you're telling the truth about reading the rules. It's either that or you're here wasting time. (To which you are since you're arguing your multiple bans' validity in the Complaints forum instead of making a ban appeal.)

Let's start off with the entirety of Rule 02.
Admins always have the final say during a round. If you have a problem with an admin's decision, you may discuss it after the round in the #admin-forum Discord channel or you may make a formal complaint on the forum.

1. If you are ever unsure whether you should do something, a-help and ask before doing it.
2. Be polite and to the point when sending an admin PM; give admins all relevant information that you can.
3. Do not antagonizing someone you are a-helping about as it will only complicate a situation.
4. If an admin tells you not to do something, don't do it. Arguing with an admin during a round about the nature, absence, or applicableness of a rule during a round is not allowed. If you feel you have been wronged, take it up in the admin-forum or make a complaint after the round is over.
5. Do not lie to admins in official channels. Doing so will result in your ban being increased or a ban being applied regardless of any other fault.
Read the entirety of the bolded text. All you have done is show the Staff repeatedly that you chose not to follow this rule and go through official channels. You hit the final straw doing it again over the simplicity of being told not to speak on an English only server. You continued to argue this point despite another admin also giving the ruling via Discord as your requested (not deserved) second opinion. As another note, you're lying baldface on this complaint (see Rule 02.5) that Crash was the banning admin in this issue. If you read your own logs the banning admin was zeldazackmin, who clearly believed that your overall behavior in the encounter was unacceptable.

Moving on to Rule 03.1:
1. Speak normally. Don’t spam, yell constantly, or use netspeak, emotes, etc. in speech (excepting special circumstances like braindamage).
This, per the implications of the server caveats, is an 18+ Mature English Only Furry Space Station Simulator Server. Mind you that they also ban players for "toeing the line", repeated offensives, general bad and unwanted behavior, and "rule lawyering" which may I remind you would fall under don't argue with the admins, especially during the current round.

There is no ground for your complaint other than "this person banned me because I argued with them" despite the clear fact that this isn't the place or person to be complaining about. Move on.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [RP] Crashinator08 - Noting and banning me for speaking german and arguing against him.

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Thanks Vail.

Here, have another admin tell you that prolonged conversation writ in languages other than English is unacceptable. Prolonged conversation writ in languages other than English is unacceptable. We have languages that exist mechanically for a reason. And, before you point out, "Hey, what about Jewel Curajoso, or, Akram, even?!" Jewel very rarely uses their knowledge of Portuguese outside of flavor purposes, typically for addressing people and nothing more. Akram isn't anyone you'll be seeing anytime soon again, but, their usage of French was, again, for the purpose of addressing people (saying hello), or, trying to be flavorful. There is a staunch difference in the usage of your German, versus their Portuguese, and, French. Crashinator was well within her bounds to talk to you over this, and, Zelda acted well within bounds to ban you for salting at an admin in PMs over such an issue. If you really wanna talk German, get the language 'Canilunzt.' It's basically the same thing :')

Fargothur6969

Post by Fargothur6969 »

VailTheWolf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:57 pm
Let's start off with the entirety of Rule 02.
Admins always have the final say during a round. If you have a problem with an admin's decision, you may discuss it after the round in the #admin-forum Discord channel or you may make a formal complaint on the forum.
1. If you are ever unsure whether you should do something, a-help and ask before doing it.
2. Be polite and to the point when sending an admin PM; give admins all relevant information that you can.
3. Do not antagonizing someone you are a-helping about as it will only complicate a situation.
4. If an admin tells you not to do something, don't do it. Arguing with an admin during a round about the nature, absence, or applicableness of a rule during a round is not allowed. If you feel you have been wronged, take it up in the admin-forum or make a complaint after the round is over.
5. Do not lie to admins in official channels. Doing so will result in your ban being increased or a ban being applied regardless of any other fault.
Is that not what I am doing right now, formally sending in a complaint on these forums? And I even agreed to the admins desicion, not once did he tell me to drop it. If he told me to, I would've done so, and I did stop the argument, the ban was applied long after I was finished with the admin.
VailTheWolf wrote:
Read the entirety of the bolded text. All you have done is show the Staff repeatedly that you chose not to follow this rule and go through official channels. You hit the final straw doing it again over the simplicity of being told not to speak on an English only server. You continued to argue this point despite another admin also giving the ruling via Discord as your requested (not deserved) second opinion. As another note, you're lying baldface on this complaint (see Rule 02.5) that Crash was the banning admin in this issue. If you read your own logs the banning admin was zeldazackmin, who clearly believed that your overall behavior in the encounter was unacceptable.
What offical channels? I pretty much kept the discussion to the ahelp, and the discord message is just that, an opinion, not a rule. Also, you are just straight up accusing me of lying now without any proof of intent, even though I posted the screenshot of the ban itself, if I wanted to purposely lie, why would I leave the guy's name in there? And I know lying would not get me anywhere.
VailTheWolf wrote:
Moving on to Rule 03.1:
1. Speak normally. Don’t spam, yell constantly, or use netspeak, emotes, etc. in speech (excepting special circumstances like braindamage).
This, per the implications of the server caveats, is an 18+ Mature English Only Furry Space Station Simulator Server. Mind you that they also ban players for "toeing the line", repeated offensives, general bad and unwanted behavior, and "rule lawyering" which may I remind you would fall under don't argue with the admins, especially during the current round.
Those implications are too weak, you are just stretching for ban reasons at this point, you can speak normally in different languages, also, another point, I stopped arguing with the admin after I said I would send a complaint, just like that, I stopped it.
VailTheWolf wrote:
There is no ground for your complaint other than "this person banned me because I argued with them" despite the clear fact that this isn't the place or person to be complaining about. Move on.
I assure you there is, I am complaining about said person because it was their reasoning that was used in the ban, I think the admin that banned me just saw what happened and, of course, used Hazel's reasoning, but yes, I am going to also take this onto ban appeals too.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

It's not the job of the admins in your ahelps to change the rules. It's their job to interpret the rules and correct players. You're free to discuss with them if you think their view of the situation is wrong, or that there's missing evidence, etc. Our classic consistent interpretation of the English speaking server rule is that we do not include support for fully speaking other languages. And you weren't even banned because of that interpretation.
If an admin tells you their interpretation is for you to stop fully speaking in other languages, then it'd make sense to argue that they might have the wrong person, or that you might have been speaking English, but not that they should change the rule.
If you believe an admin made a notable mistake in interpreting the rules, you follow what they said for the current round, then bring it up with the admin separately after, such as in our discord, or with a head admin to discuss the rule and its interpretation. As a head admin, I agree that their interpretation is in line. You were simply asked to follow the interpretation, and no bans were given for stepping out of their interpretation. The only ban applied was outlined by the other admins above, for Rule 2 related things.
If you wish to open up a ban appeal, that's fine. I don't wager any of the involved admins nor my take on this will change by then, but you are welcome to. I think that's all for this complaint though. I believe the admins acted correctly here, and thus will be marking this as resolved.