[MAIN] Klara Ellstrom - Murderboning with Femur Breaker for laughs.

Owai

Re: [MAIN] Klara Ellstrom - Murderboning with Femur Breaker for laughs.

Post by Owai »

I know there were at least two people who resisted/attacked, but they were also strapped into the femur breaker and disabled/killed. It was 5-8 minutes into an assumed green shift and nobody knew we had antagonists. As for the bystander effect, the last round the entirety of centcomm was covered in femur breakers and corpses when people landed. I assume people thought the meme was going and wanted to watch. Point is, at least three people tried to stop her from using the device, and all three of them were killed by it. I don''t know about any additional ones besides the security officer watching because I was in crit and could hear nothing but screaming.

I had no idea Klara was the one who PR'ed the femur breaker, which I honestly feel makes this worse. She rolled antag with the intent to kill random people with it and succeeded in doing so. I voiced my opinion on how shitty the round was for me and my friend after it ended and Klara immediately hopped on me, calling me "Braindead IRL" for not being able to unbuckle, which happened to both other players who got killed by it. Her and Sishen/Paxxy, along with a few others, have done nothing but shit on people who bring the device up in chat. They have literally no consideration for the people who don't want torture devices to be used on them because they think the entire thing is funny, and anyone who cares about what their pixels on screen is a brainlet.

I honestly don't care if there's no personal punishment for this as long as this thread prevents a PR like this from ever happening again. The Femur Breaker and Guillotine have been removed and I really hope it stays that way (technically they're being nerfed and made into traitor objects, but I'm still fine with that). This is a furry MRP server, a decent chunk of the population cares at least a little bit about what happens to their characters as they play, being strapped to torture devices and listening to blood-curdling screams is not how I want to spend my spare time. At this point I just don't want this shit to happen to anyone else. I try to help new players, I try to make it so people will want to play on Citadel, but something like this will only scare them away. If people legitimately want a way to cripple legs as security, make something that isnt as gruesome. Make a security-only chem thats locked in the transfer room or something.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Burger wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Nethaufer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am
The only issue that really stands out to me is someone fucking with an SSD. People who are SSD are not to be messed around with except in fringe antag related situations. The rest of the issue I haven't formed enough of an opinion on due to being at work and I may or may not respond further.
Honestly I think this shouldn't be the only thing that stands out. There is one thing that most people aren't paying attention to: Klara Ellstrom was the one who made the PR in question. On any other coderbase if you make a feature, and then abuse it as soon as it was merged, you'd probably no longer have PR privileges.

Klara has a tendency to harass and belittle everyone. Ask anyone who has had an encounter with them and they'll tell you that they usually behave like this. She loves making people feel uncomfortable and she absolutely succeeds at this. No one should be surprised when they're weirded out that someone who acts like this codes in an actually unbalanced torture device and uses it for no good reason, other than "i'm a ling i can murderbone."
You're assuming I knew that they were the one who made the PR. I did not know they were the one who made the PR. I sometimes catch up on stuff on the github channel on the Discord, but I really don't play terribly close attention unless if it's something that seems interesting to me.

obscolene

Post by obscolene »

Owai wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:13 am
I voiced my opinion on how shitty the round was for me and my friend after it ended and Klara immediately hopped on me, calling me "Braindead IRL" for not being able to unbuckle, which happened to both other players who got killed by it.
For the record, I was explaining the mechanics of how the femur breaker works, because you kept saying "it's literally impossible to unbuckle from." I said, "If you are conscious (in-game) and not braindead (IRL) you can just unbuckle by resisting out of it." I was saying it as a metaphor for how easy it is, rather than a direct insult towards you. Like the Geico slogan, 'It's so easy, a caveman can do it.' Just replace caveman with braindead.

Burger

Post by Burger »

Nethaufer wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am
Burger wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Nethaufer wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am
The only issue that really stands out to me is someone fucking with an SSD. People who are SSD are not to be messed around with except in fringe antag related situations. The rest of the issue I haven't formed enough of an opinion on due to being at work and I may or may not respond further.
Honestly I think this shouldn't be the only thing that stands out. There is one thing that most people aren't paying attention to: Klara Ellstrom was the one who made the PR in question. On any other coderbase if you make a feature, and then abuse it as soon as it was merged, you'd probably no longer have PR privileges.

Klara has a tendency to harass and belittle everyone. Ask anyone who has had an encounter with them and they'll tell you that they usually behave like this. She loves making people feel uncomfortable and she absolutely succeeds at this. No one should be surprised when they're weirded out that someone who acts like this codes in an actually unbalanced torture device and uses it for no good reason, other than "i'm a ling i can murderbone."
You're assuming I knew that they were the one who made the PR. I did not know they were the one who made the PR. I sometimes catch up on stuff on the github channel on the Discord, but I really don't play terribly close attention unless if it's something that seems interesting to me.
Oh, I wasn't scolding you are anything. I was bringing new information to the table as well as a contributor's opinion, if the later even matters.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Code changes have and will continue to be made to the newly introduced feature that played a role here to make it more in-line with standard Citadel gameplay expectations, but beyond that MrJWhit's post sums up everything else quite well. A few of these posts have strayed way past the initial scope of this complaint.