[Main] Colbster4646 - Repeated Poor head of staff behavior

Redtail

[Main] Colbster4646 - Repeated Poor head of staff behavior

Post by Redtail »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Colbster4646
My BYOND name: R3dtaile
Date of issue and round ID: 8/21/2019 18754

Reason for complaint: Inappropriate behavior as a head of staff. Signed on as Chief Engineer, with me as captain. I checked sensors as part of my routine, and noticed that his sensors were off. I stated “turn your sensors on or face demotion”, with the last bit only because of the present alert level and general threat level of the round at the time. He immediately reacted negatively, and proceeded to turn his sensors off. Gronk has a history of behaving this way when ordered to turn his sensors on, which I’ve experienced twice before, but I can’t remember specific times to find such incidences. I don’t think heads of staff should ignore captain’s orders, especially over simple, but important, things such as sensors.

Adelphos

Re: [Main] Colbster4646 - Repeated Poor head of staff behavior

Post by Adelphos »

At this point this is just slander, Gronk by the way, and yes we've had this dialogue twice now, if you want to call that a history so be it. None the less at this point you are taking in character actions and trying to inflate them into out of character issues, this is a stupid argument and I would like it if you stopped making such a big deal about it.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I don't have a huge stake in this either way since I rarely go on main, but I'd ultimately say the same thing when this is brought up in an RP complaint.
Using 'IC actions' as any excuse to be overly hostile/rude to another player doesn't mean a whole lot to me. At the end of the day, it is YOU that plays the character and YOUR choice to use your character's behavior as an excuse to be overly antagonistic and butt heads with people because they told you to up your sensors.
Furthermore, we've said in the past that we want to crack down on poor head of staff behavior, and I think both players involved in this complaint (That being Spensara and Colbster) exhibited behavior well below what we should be allowing from heads of staff.

Adelphos

Post by Adelphos »

I believe you are critically missing a point here Hazel, Besides denying a demand for demotion over something that is utterly optional. I never acted hostile or rude over this with them, in a matter of fact I make it my initiative to be as respectable and understanding as possible in these disagreements. Additionally you would mean to imply by saying "Behavior well below what we should be allowing from heads of staff" that you would expect me to banned from such roles over an in character conflict that has not directly harmed or inflicted anyone, besides a select individuals opinions. That's rather harsh and genuinely scares me to know what I should expect from the future of this server.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I never said you should be banned. I said the behavior shown off in this complaint shouldnt be acceptable.

Adelphos

Post by Adelphos »

Right so a misunderstanding then, I still can't tell if you mean my response to the complaint or the actions being complained about though, and I'm curious then to know what you would have in mind then.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I think the issue here isn't the sensors but rather the reaction. Sensors honestly isn't really required for anyone outside of security which the code fully maxes for by default, but I'd want to leave that up to the captain to allow for freedom and potentially ic "fun" when people don't like it.

Why is it necessary to turn them fully off in protest, though? Was that before or after the demotion threat?

Adelphos

Post by Adelphos »

Naturally I only have my sensors set to exact vitals, however after they threatened demotion over not having them set to tracking beacon I turned them fully off in protest to how they demanded it and there threats for not doing it.

SomanBat

Post by SomanBat »

Per my own experiences in playing command roles on Citadel, the admins of Cit are pushing to improve the Professionalism, competence, and decorum of people who play command roles.

This includes things like wearing the correct uniform for the role, knowing how to manage your department, following orders from your higher up (the captain), and the like.

As a command staff player on Citadel, character behavior has to take a backseat to the importance of the role. Except in cases of obvious terrible behavior from a Captain, command staff are obligated to support the Captain's decisions and follow orders given.

I would take that into consideration before choosing your job on station. Non-command are given much more leeway in being "rebellious"

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Adelphos and I discussed further indepth over Discord. We both want to get past this since, barring these issues , which sure, were glaring, we work well together. We both admitted what we did wrong, and aim to work together to get shit done without devolving into a shit-throwing contest in the future. Moving this to resolved with his blessing, as well.