[MAIN] Suvar - Poor Security Behavior/Overstepping Bounds

dumpythethickest

[MAIN] Suvar - Poor Security Behavior/Overstepping Bounds

Post by dumpythethickest »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Suvar
Your BYOND name: Deus Sepulchre
Date of issue and round ID: 9/8/2019 19033

Reason for complaint:
Before I begin, I'd like to state a couple things. First and foremost, I've already provided Suvar with the text logs of my correspondence with staff through ahelps related to this issue. I have these in a text file and will not post them unless asked to by server staff. I also asked him directly if he'd rather handle this in discord and he told me to make the forum post so this was agreed upon. Second, during my correspondence with admins I mentioned an instance where I felt my interaction with Suvar contributed to a job ban that I received awhile ago and have since never cared to appeal. That's a separate issue as far as I'm concerned and doesn't need to be brought up here considering I want to square this complaint down to issues with him playing Security. However, the significance of me bringing up that unrelated issue was to illustrate that I feel that Suvar's behavior in both Security and other roles along with my tolerance of what he tends to do is what pushed me over the edge in this issue.
My complaint is that Suvar, while playing Security roles, oversteps his boundaries and does my job for me (while playing Warden), makes my job harder, and actively avoids letting me touch prisoners in the brig due to his opinions on my performance as Warden that are shaped by his feelings from past rounds. I think it's necessary before going into this for me to say how I play Warden. At the start of every shift I ask to get myself scanned if there is an HoS and promptly do so. I get a wallet from the dorms, buy an (edgy) black trenchcoat and scarf, then return and use a wrench to bolt down all lockers within the brig. While playing Warden, I (and I admit that I didn't say this at the start of the round) usually do things in a specific way. I tell officers to keep non-security who aren't involved in an investigation outside of the brig and to kick them out once they've been dealt with (mindshielding, deconversion, etc.) and I generally tell officers to let me handle everything once they get to the brig. I ask for at least two sentences from officers about why someone has been dragged in, then ask them to get back to the field. I do the search, properly sort evidence in evidence lockers/cell lockers, yada yada.
This is to avoid an issue that I see Suvar cause, among others, that happens in a lot of rounds. In Suvar's context, I feel that he tends to let a lot of people tailgate him into the brig and strip people while walking around thus leaving items on the floor all over the brig. This is an issue because it often happens in piles of other stuff that amass when officers tend to charge in and out of the brig, strip, and nobody is entirely sure what is going on due to a lack of communication. This means Greytiders are walking around in the brig while three other officers are running around stripping cuffed people and everything from Holoparasite implants to Sketchkin pistols are laying on the ground waiting to be picked up by anyone in the brig. I've seen this get people killed plenty of times including with situations where Suvar was stripping people. So my first two complaints about Suvar are that he tends to wildly strip, occasionally improperly, within the brig and has a tendency to let people into the brig while dragging in detained crew. In round ID 19033, which this report was filed on, I don't particularly feel Suvar did these two things as severely and I've asked him to stop in the future. I know I should ahelp these things when I see them. However, from what I can tell the clown (who I permitted to be in the brig) and the other person who accompanied them did slip in with Suvar and another officer this shift. If anything the person at fault this shift was the detective who actually unloaded his gun on officer Suvar then stopped for what I can assume was a mistake.
Here's my primary complaint though. Suvar has stated icly multiple times that I'm a bad warden on shifts where I am not a warden. I can tell there's a meta component because he stated it this shift to defend himself and has made it a habit to do my job for me in the brig. Now, I can't rage at Suvar oocly for not following my character's exact orders here and there but it's the issue of him constantly keeping cuffed people away from me regardless of the reasoning. One shift I recall him doing this ended up with him setting the timer early without properly stripping and ended in him non-help intent standing at the door to the cell so I was stuck in the cell with the prisoner. The prisoner mauled me with a crowbar from the toolbelt Suvar forgot to strip, the HoS struggled to get in pas him, and I couldn't get out because of his stance. This came from me asking Suvar to let me handle the prisoner and him actively dragging him away from me and trying to do my job.
Speaking of staying in the brig for extended periods of time, Suvar spends a lot of time not only doing my job in the brig but generally just sitting around in the brig. This doesn't mean he's just choosing to slack off at random. What I mean is after he arrests people he tends to stay in the brig, stand around in the back room, and not return to doing anything. He'll often try and get himself involved in everything from interrogations to just following me around when I'm processing prisoners. The main thing I ask from all of this isn't to ban or punish Suvar but just to ask him to stop doing this. Just as I've seen it ruled that a botanist can kill me for trespassing on botany for a seed, the armory and managing prisoners is sort of my thing and I think it's reasonable that he doesn't do this to me every shift. The last thing I want to say is that if he wants to make arguments here that I am a bad Warden I have a lot more to say to defend myself and to discuss ways in which his behavior contributes to my inability to handle things. Also, I do have complaints regarding his performance in other jobs, rule breaks I've witnessed, and other things just as my character raged about over PDA during round ID 19033. I will bring these to admin attention as well if they continue rather than ignoring them as I have tended to do.

Von Carstein

Re: [MAIN] Suvar - Poor Security Behavior/Overstepping Bounds

Post by Von Carstein »

Oh boy, how interesting someone writing a complaint against me, when I got them job-banned from Captain and Head of Personnel, how interesting. I'm sure those are completely unrelated. Oh well at least I have a reason to use this forum account again.
My complaint is that Suvar, while playing Security roles, oversteps his boundaries and does my job for me (while playing Warden), makes my job harder, and actively avoids letting me touch prisoners in the brig due to his opinions on my performance as Warden that are shaped by his feelings from past rounds. I think it's necessary before going into this for me to say how I play Warden. At the start of every shift I ask to get myself scanned if there is an HoS and promptly do so. I get a wallet from the dorms, buy an (edgy) black trenchcoat and scarf, then return and use a wrench to bolt down all lockers within the brig. While playing Warden, I (and I admit that I didn't say this at the start of the round) usually do things in a specific way. I tell officers to keep non-security who aren't involved in an investigation outside of the brig and to kick them out once they've been dealt with (mindshielding, deconversion, etc.) and I generally tell officers to let me handle everything once they get to the brig. I ask for at least two sentences from officers about why someone has been dragged in, then ask them to get back to the field. I do the search, properly sort evidence in evidence lockers/cell lockers, yada yada.
Not sure how this is relevant but okay?
This is to avoid an issue that I see Suvar cause, among others, that happens in a lot of rounds. In Suvar's context, I feel that he tends to let a lot of people tailgate him into the brig and strip people while walking around thus leaving items on the floor all over the brig. This is an issue because it often happens in piles of other stuff that amass when officers tend to charge in and out of the brig, strip, and nobody is entirely sure what is going on due to a lack of communication. This means Greytiders are walking around in the brig while three other officers are running around stripping cuffed people and everything from Holoparasite implants to Sketchkin pistols are laying on the ground waiting to be picked up by anyone in the brig. I've seen this get people killed plenty of times including with situations where Suvar was stripping people. So my first two complaints about Suvar are that he tends to wildly strip, occasionally improperly, within the brig and has a tendency to let people into the brig while dragging in detained crew. In round ID 19033, which this report was filed on, I don't particularly feel Suvar did these two things as severely and I've asked him to stop in the future. I know I should ahelp these things when I see them. However, from what I can tell the clown (who I permitted to be in the brig) and the other person who accompanied them did slip in with Suvar and another officer this shift. If anything the person at fault this shift was the detective who actually unloaded his gun on officer Suvar then stopped for what I can assume was a mistake.
>So my first two complaints about Suvar are that he tends to wildly strip, occasionally improperly, within the brig and has a tendency to let people into the brig while dragging in detained crew.
Seriously? This your complaint? Okay?

I'm gonna skip to this clown incident and explain what happened there.
Right lets clean some stuff up here, both you, the Detective and the Head of Security all failed to shoot the clown when they walked into the brig, I didn't try to do anything just stood there watching because it was funny to me, albeit getting shot by the morons trying to shoot the clown was not fun. Not sure why the Detective instantly pulled our their revolver and started unloading into the hallway but I'm gonna chalk that up to average security competency.

Then after everything settles down and the clown is finally detained Icktsie goes and says, 'nah its fine for the clown to be here',only /after/ the ensuing attempt to catch them in which the clown was able to steal the head of securities multi-phase gun. Ok, sure whatever he is the Warden, dumb thing to say but his brig. But then he goes out of his way to give the clown a flash because he thinks its funny or whatever and the clown uses it to go around and flash everyone on the station because that's what happens when the clown acquires a flash, which start making people scream 'revs' and that the clown tried to flash them. All because the Warden thought it would be fun to give the clown a flash, which in my opinion they probably shouldn't do.
Here's my primary complaint though. Suvar has stated icly multiple times that I'm a bad warden on shifts where I am not a warden. I can tell there's a meta component because he stated it this shift to defend himself and has made it a habit to do my job for me in the brig. Now, I can't rage at Suvar oocly for not following my character's exact orders here and there but it's the issue of him constantly keeping cuffed people away from me regardless of the reasoning. One shift I recall him doing this ended up with him setting the timer early without properly stripping and ended in him non-help intent standing at the door to the cell so I was stuck in the cell with the prisoner. The prisoner mauled me with a crowbar from the toolbelt Suvar forgot to strip, the HoS struggled to get in pas him, and I couldn't get out because of his stance. This came from me asking Suvar to let me handle the prisoner and him actively dragging him away from me and trying to do my job.
>Here's my primary complaint though. Suvar has stated icly multiple times that I'm a bad warden on shifts where I am not a warden. I can tell there's a meta component because he stated it this shift to defend himself and has made it a habit to do my job for me in the brig.

Completely falsified as that was the first shift I have ever decided to declare Icktsie incompetent /security/. I have called him incompetent command before however, seeing as in our previous interactions he has given the clown armory access as a joke which the clown proceeded to use to loot the armory with the mime, and which lead to his demotion and jobban that round after I adminhelped it.

I have heard multiple people say he is bad security before when in idle conversation about Icktsie before but I have never stated before /multiple times/ as I genuinely find Icktsie rather chill and amusing, this was the first time I ever called him out while he was security and it appears I struck quite the cord with him.

I am thinking you might be mixing me up with some other people Icktser, because I this is in fact the first time I have ever called you retarded security.

>This came from me asking Suvar to let me handle the prisoner and him actively dragging him away from me and trying to do my job.
Since you brought it up yourself, I'm just gonna go with 'Should I give this super dangerous prisoner to Icktsie who got his head smashed in by someone with a crowbar when he had a stunbaton?' I will admit maybe this is the on my part meta you are referencing but the answer is no, I should keep them and just deal with it myself so nothing stupid happens.

>The last thing I want to say is that if he wants to make arguments here that I am a bad Warden I have a lot more to say to defend myself and to discuss ways in which his behavior contributes to my inability to handle things.

You try to be helpful but you tend to just get in the way and that is what I find annoying. It's almost like officers and the head of security are able to set timers and do stuff on their own for a reason. Too many cooks in the kitchen gets wack.

And as for the rant in OOC after the round ended, the reason I bring the OOC rant thing up is solely due to the one 'You waste copious amounts of time in the brig or just idling around'

I tend to go idle a lot to do stuff away from my computer and would prefer to stand in the brig instead of standing in the hallway where my precious taser will get stolen, and as for the doing your job for you thing, because I am just use to doing brig stuff myself and just having the Warden sit in the armory and stare at the riot shotguns.

ForrestWick

Post by ForrestWick »

I remember vividly how we had a round with no security and confirmed traitors/lings, so the captain elevated me from lawyer to sec with all access. No detective, no HOS, no warden, nothing. I didn't even ask for it, I just kinda asked the captain if he wanted me to do anything about the issue and he just handed out the promotion no issue.

Suvar late joined as HOS about 30 minutes later, proceeded to tase and remove most of my access through his console and had a screaming match with the captain about promoting people to sec. Mostly an IC issue, but here's what gets me.

The very next round, I'm acting captain and we have a lawyer by the name of Lolli who wants to be sec. We had a nearly full sec team at that time too and the round had just started. I told Suvar to not do it because we already had confirmed threats and a populated sec department. He ignored me completely and just went through making her an officer. Later in the round, and on other rounds, I see him and her flirting, "cuddling", and one time walked in on them flat out ERPing.

This behavior does not seem necessarily new, either. Its been going on for quite some time but the sec promotion is when it became a major concern. And he literally did it to spite me too. He seems to give special treatment to those he favors for ERP, and its annoying.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Moving this to resolved due to the age of the complaint. If you feel this is still an issue, feel free to remake your complaint, and we'll happily look into it.