[MAIN] Unknown - Powergaming

b1gb3ast

[MAIN] Unknown - Powergaming

Post by b1gb3ast »

BYOND Name of complaint against: unknown, I asked in OOC after the round had ended but didn't get a response. Ingamename was Lolli Usuarzan.

Your BYOND name: B1gb3ast

Date of issue and round ID: 19214

Reason for complaint: Walked into chemistry and asked me where the beakers were as security officer, I asked them what they wanted. I gave them a beaker. They started making something, but the beaker was made from plastic and they left my office. I was scanning a guy outside. I asked Lolli if I could help her. She responded by hitting me with a stun baton four times after demanding entry into chemistry. I let her in, once again asking if I could help her. She made about 300 units of morphine, before walking off.

It's literally in the rules, folks.

4. Don't take over the job(s) of another department when they are fully able and willing to do it themselves.

Krzyzstof_K

Re: [MAIN] Unknown - Powergaming

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

Hi, yes I'm Lolli Usuarzan. You seemed to have left out a lot of context to why and what actually happened at the time so let me detail this a bit more. Also sorry if you had anything OOC to ask, I was off and on getting ready for real life stuff at around four-ish.

This round as a clockie round, I had joined late to seeing people just gathering as much stuff as they could, me unable to gather further details because heads thought they could just call the shuttle and dip and I was unable to get information on the stuff we're facing such as numbers I decided to pop in medical to see what I could do. I made a dart gun and some smart=darts and thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to take some clockies down non-lethally to ease our fight when it happened--it was pretty anti-climatic--so I bugged the chemist to open after I managed to scrounge as much morphine as I could from storage so I made a little under 200 units, 300 units is a bit of an exaggeration as morphine yield quantity is just small once you make it. Anyways as I was making it you kept bugging me instead of actually doing stuff like make medical patches or handle medi-bots when the portals opened and in general, you just were being a nuisance towards me as you kept aggressive intent blocking me which is why I stunned you, which you began giving me an attitude so I asked the other chemist Buttercup, I think was their name. To sum this up the portals were about to open soon and you were just bugging me and in general trying to prevent me as I was desperately trying to get some medicinal darts filled before they opened rather you focusing on other work, as you did have another dispenser ready to be used.

As for the rule for powergaming four, look further under additional information about emergency situations, and I can't safely determine our ability in winning against clockies because their number are unknown, yes I'm going to over-step you because we should be utilizing all man-power to defeat the cult, and secondly you should've actually been making some stuff instead of idling around medbay, and truth be told, medical staff are the real MVPs during clockie rounds.

b1gb3ast

Post by b1gb3ast »

The chemistry fridge was absolutely stocked with medicine, and I asked if I could help you. The first time you batonned me I was on blue intent and about to step out of the way. The second time, you were yelling for people to open up the door, and I once again asked if I could help you. You responded by batonning me three times, after which I opened up chemistry and you, as a security officer, did my job, and then fucked off.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

b1gb3ast wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm
The chemistry fridge was absolutely stocked with medicine, and I asked if I could help you.
Yes exactly, you sat there instead of actually taking those medical supplies and storing them into a locker to bring to Reebe.
b1gb3ast wrote:
The first time you batonned me I was on blue intent and about to step out of the way. The second time, you were yelling for people to open up the door, and I once again asked if I could help you. You responded by batonning me three times, after which I opened up chemistry and you, as a security officer, did my job, and then fucked off.
No, you were on anything but help intent the ENTIRE time, and you sat there blocking me asking what I want, which was extremely obnoxious. I batoned you later because you tried stirring some shit up in medbay STILL not gathering medical supplies for Reebe, as the portals were just about opening. As for me not really depending on you to make me morphine, I do not know you and how capable you are at medical, and I do not want to delay myself in helping crew fight medical rather than argue with you and not do my part.

b1gb3ast

Post by b1gb3ast »

Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 am
b1gb3ast wrote:
The chemistry fridge was absolutely stocked with medicine, and I asked if I could help you.
Yes exactly, you sat there instead of actually taking those medical supplies and storing them into a locker to bring to Reebe.
You literally unwrench the thing and push it into a portal for 400 pills of medication.
Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:25 am
No, you were on anything but help intent the ENTIRE time, and you sat there blocking me asking what I want, which was extremely obnoxious. I batoned you later because you tried stirring some shit up in medbay STILL not gathering medical supplies for Reebe, as the portals were just about opening. As for me not really depending on you to make me morphine, I do not know you and how capable you are at medical, and I do not want to delay myself in helping crew fight medical rather than argue with you and not do my part.
I never said I was on green intent?

How do you consider me asking you what I can help you with to be extremely obnoxious?

I don’t know what you mean by me “stirring shit up.” Is this because I triggered some sort of aggression response by asking if I could help?

I get that powergaming is mainly void in the case of station wide emergencies, WITHIN REASON. But I was clearly willing to help you, competent enough to stock the fridge with craploads of medicine, friendly and communicative when interacting with you, and you decided to be a dick and trample over me. And its literally RIGHT THERE in our rules.
Breaking into chemistry to make yourself a bunch of chemicals because “there’s no chemist around”.

as an unacceptable thing to do. But there WAS a chemist around. Another crew member even asked me what I did to piss you off so bad, to which I genuinely didn’t have an answer.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

b1gb3ast wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:53 pm
I get that powergaming is mainly void in the case of station wide emergencies, WITHIN REASON.
Breaking into chemistry to make yourself a bunch of chemicals because “there’s no chemist around”.

as an unacceptable thing to do. But there WAS a chemist around. Another crew member even asked me what I did to piss you off so bad, to which I genuinely didn’t have an answer.
You're literally here reporting me for powergaming as I made around 200 units of morphine for clockies and opened a complaint with little to no context to start with, and trying to use breaking into chemistry(You let me in)as a stand point. During the round I did not get any information of how many clockies were facing nor how bad our situation is, and the portals were pretty much opening. As within reason of the portals literally opening a few minutes after this, I'm going to go to my fullest extent to help and do my part, and I'm not going to tell and wait for you to make me morphine enough for 8 smartdarts, I'm going to do it myself. Just you blocking me in chemistry was enough to bug me as I was doing this, even me telling you to move. You've established I'm making morphine, and want to help, I've clearly ignored your help. I'm sure you don't need anymore answers than that, because you're going against my grain as I'm doing my own thing to assist in taking down the cult. If you're honestly mad about me doing your job and stunning you, I'm sorry but I take my position as security quite seriously sometimes when clear threats like cultists show up, and I do not mess around idly chattering because you had clear intent to do workplace RP.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

Sorry this complaint sat so long.
Person in question has already been talked to about their actions on the server in general and I believe that I've covered most of the things brought up in this and the other complaint, as I've noticed certain actions/behaviors independent of the threads but on the same areas.
If anyone objects to this being closed, they have 24 hours to comment.