[MAIN] R3dtaile - Misinformation regarding previous admin note

Nethaufer

Re: [MAIN] R3dtaile - Misinformation regarding previous admin note

Post by Nethaufer »

I am not responding further on this topic until a head admin has stepped in, as I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into another massive circular argument.

SteelMarionette

Post by SteelMarionette »

During our discussion on discord both Chase and Nethaufer brought up one of the main reasons Chase wanted my organs was because of the imminent cultist threat to the station and that was one of the reasons he harvested my organs. My argument was that if there was a threat as they both claimed then why was Chase, the HOS at the time, spent nearly an hour killing me then harvesting my organs when he should of been dealing with the threat. A threat that I pointed out had been eliminated so fast that I myself thought the round was extended.

If Chase truly thought the cultist threat was that important he should of been helping security make sure the threat was handled and not wasting a third of the shift harvesting organs from a player he killed to get a slight mechanical boost. Chase even argued the boost given by the organs was insubstantial, which if that was the case why did he spend so much effort to harvest them from me?
I would like to point out (copied from the tg wiki since ours is incomplete):

Heart: Instead of a normal heart, Nightmares have a "Heart of Darkness". When implanted into a host, it reshapes one of the host's arms into a light eater permanent armblade. It has the ability to revive its host from the dead if the body is shrouded in darkness. The mutant human (no matter how menacing that armblade may be) is still a member of the crew, and therefore not an antagonist.

A no-drop weapon as strong as an armblade that can revive the user from death(?). I wasn't aware of that secondary effect unless Citadel's version might have been nerfed.

Eyes: Instead of a normal pair of eyes, Nightmares have "Burning red eyes" When implanted into a host, they can see perfectly in darkness

Night vision that doesn't take up the glasses slot allowing for use of other gear in combination.

These are clear mechanical advantages that were taken so one person could just have them.
Yes we have been cracking down on security using traitor gear outside of circumstantial reasons and I stand by including organs under similar scrutiny since they offer benefits all the same. No this isn't the most egregious case of power gaming, however I still feel the note is perfectly valid as it's simply that: a note of the behavior for future reference where the behavior was gathering antag organs for oneself to use for little to no cause.

Just as well the comparison to the equipment that can be researched and built is flawed. Those usually require the work and cooperation of multiple departments. Regarding the organs it only took the cooperation of an underling to implant them. I would also like to reiterate my stance against the idea of antag gear and organs being considered "trophies" for the good guys to win for beating them. That sort of mindset serves to encourage validhunting.

It's not even a case of "no fun allowed ever" it's literally just "hey I noticed you did this thing you had no reason to do, don't make a habit of it."
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3010&start=10#p11016

In either case if the threat was severe enough he shouldnt of wasted his time attempting to become more powerful and instead actually done his job. If it was as severe as they claimed it to be over our discord discussion then he simply murdered me and harvested my organs /only/ to get a mechanical buff.

What I am getting at is that Redail's behavior does /not/ line up with what is expected of an admin and an HOS. I fully believe he should be held up to a higher standard because he plays such a critical role in the the station as both a player and an admin, especially if he wishes to play Head of Security as often as he does. If he cannot adhere to such standard then he should not play HOS, or if he really wants to be a player then perhaps he should step down as an admin for a time. This scenario is far from the best but if he continues to refuse to even acknowledge the faults in his behavior then it may be necessary.

Please Redtail, you have the potential to be an amazing admin and player, don't throw that away because you are stubborn to see the faults in your ways. We can work with you and help you overcome these issues but simply refusing to acknowledge them is not an option.
Post by Redtail » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 am
ForrestWick wrote: ↑Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:07 am
Honestly considering the roundstart shotgun rush when Chase is HOS, along with taking the cap bowman, gloves, and other gear (even though sometimes it is offered by specific captain players to Chase specifically), the evidence that has come to light about that particular round, among the other blatantly NRP behavior (wordless tasing/batoning people on green or blue alert when there is no reason to suspect they are even antags), I really feel Chase needs to be talked to as well.
I can add in a lot of other issues to complain about as well but I'd rather know if I'm able to here or would need to make another complaint.
Hi, you're actually lying about this. I don't take cap's gloves otr other gear , because that's against the rules. The bowman's allowed, so I take that. The 'evidence' is false, aaand the "NRP behavior" is hardly that, it's simply being effective and safe, the job of HOS. So, kindly stop making up things.
We are not making up things to try and attack you, we are showing examples of your behavior that you are having trouble seeing as wrongful. Simply saying the evidence is false without going to any effort to provide counter evidence is not going to make it go away.

Edit: Changed the wording on the last sentence
Edit 2: Fixed the quote

SteelMarionette

derkuleen wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:49 pm
I’ve been discussing things with certain players now and again. Ktoma36 came to me previously for my help and my opinion in regard to this day as I was involved on the admin side of things at least somewhat. Now, I will say this was a hot moment ago but all the same I think it highlights some issues I’ve stood by and observed progress from bad to worse. Chase, I love ya’ but your HOS style is brutal, tyrannical, efficient, and quite unfun. While I understand the reasons for it I really want to take this moment, as I’ve been asked and Ktoma has been making good points, to kindly ask you to calm it down. Playing in such a brutal paranoid manner isn’t healthy for the gamestate and I don’t want it to be the example of what to do for other players. This has been discussed ad nauseum both here on the forums and between me and you, but I still want it in words out in the public eye. Im sure you’re getting exhausted of fighting this battle and im sure you’re upset to constantly have to defend your actions I well know there is no perfect solution all I am asking here is that you give some effort to it.
Your fellow admins share the same sentiment that something needs to change Chase, please just set aside your stubbornness and accept that you're behavior is not perfect. That you are setting a bad example for players by playing as you do as you are an admin as well as a HOS main, you are a pillar of the community and your behavior does influence others to act the same way.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

It was not /wasting my time/ . I know nightmares revive in the dark. So ti was simply logical to remove the organs, and then use them as such since, they were there because aesthetically they’re nice but that’s not important to the present ‘issue’. The big drop down you copied and pasted is wrong, because it’s not as strong as an arm blade, and does not perform nearly the same things as an arm blade. So that’s wrong. I’m leaving this alone till a headmin comes in and closes it because you’ve proven to not be doing this in good faith since even a headmin told you that this “this would matter if you were some crew member, butt this is just silly at this point. The answer isn’t what you want, and that’s not going to change.” . I do my job well as HOS, I’ve done nothing wrong in this scenario. Feel free to think what you will, but I’m going to leave this alone till a headmin comes in and wraps it up. You’ve proven this to not bein good faith and…that’s that. Your reference to not making up things to try and attack me is absolutely false, because he outright fabricated stuff Ididn’t do. So, yeah, leaving this

SteelMarionette

It is wasting time, the simplest solution would of been to cremate my body if me reviving was your concern. You the fact that you and the warden divy'd up and used my organs afterwards only proves that you did it just for my organs. That you neglected your duties as the HOS in favor of gaining a mechanical bonus, it does not matter if the bonus isnt a very powerful one as you have shown its worth ignoring a cultist threat to the station for over half an hour to gain them, only proves my point.

You have also ignored much of the other points throughout this complaint and have instead went on to attack me and the other people who've brought up concerns by saying we are lying and making things up. You have not put forth any effort to actually provide proof nor valid justification on your actions and have only told us we are wrong because you say we are.

I am making this is good faith, its why I have opened up a formal complaint so we can have a civilized discussion about your behavior. It seems like you are refusing to cooperate in the slightest and are just banking on others to justify your acts for you.

Edit: Fixed incomplete sentence by adding in "only proves my point" at the end of the first paragraph

SteelMarionette

This post will be closed for the time being as the scope of the discussion has grown beyond this post's original intent. Thank you for your time so far and please look into the new one once the new server rules are put into effect.