[MAIN] r3dtaile - shitmin/grudge/harassment

Notsuchai

[MAIN] r3dtaile - shitmin/grudge/harassment

Post by Notsuchai »

BYOND Name of complaint against: r3dtaile

Your BYOND name: Notsuchai

Date of issue and round ID: 20360, 20359 (1st december 2019)

Reason for complaint:

They go ahead and harass me over something that's not against the rules. Promise to 'get me handled' if I ignore their personal feeling about it, implying grudge based on their aesthetics on how I choose to leave the round.
Short: Clockies declare war, I'm a scientist so instead of rushing cryo I took my friend I was talking with anyway (since the part of science I wanted to do was taken already), charged O2 tank and painted halls with my ass with suicide verb. r3dtaile then said that what I did wasn't gucci, since I could cryo - yes, but I am not required to by rules. Their reasoning - that I'm taking up the slot of scientist, fair.
Next round nukies declare war, I'm watching shit go down as assistant but my friend already suicided herself, someone painted halls with red hearts, seeing my cue I said "I can paint them too" and did the same charged O2 tank meme, indeed painting the halls. Only to be instantly bwoinked by r3dtaile telling me to not suicide because I can cryo. I can cryo, I can suicide, I can die to a nukie or hacked door if I'd like or on space exploration, thank you. Your personal feeling about how I do it is not something to go on.
They try to bully me saying, I will be banned for ignoring their advice for further rounds, calling up 2.6 point. I raise point, 2.
Admins always have the final say during a round.
Since my behaviour isn't against the rules, I'm going to ignore their request.

Here's relevant rules I could be breaking, but I'm not:
3.6 Do not intentionally commit suicide to avoid IC punishment or for cringey "an hero" moments (e.g., killing yourself in the permabrig/offing yourself after making a long, drawn-out play about how you're gonna off yourself because you're sad). Doing so will result in either a server ban or identity ban.
5.6 Do not intentionally kill yourself (e.g., by running out of an airlock) to circumvent the restrictions placed on ghost roles for suicide. If you wish to play ghost roles, it is far easier to simply observe.

I agree with the note on basis, however not explicitly against rules, my suicide as scientist could be seen as "being a dick" (due to supposed taking up job slot and not freeing it up). Keep your grudge about my aesthetics to leave the round to yourself, redtaile.

Redtail

Re: [MAIN] r3dtaile - shitmin/grudge/harassment

Post by Redtail »

I didn’t harass you. I merely told you to not do something. I didn’t even leave a note, or any form of punishment against you for the second time you suicided, since you were in fact, just an assistant. Merely told you to not do it. That should’ve been the end of it, however you wanted to argue it. So I kept telling you to not suicide. IF you want to leave the round so badly, there are cryo chambers just for that. I left a note for the first time because it was very much a poor move to suicide as a scientist. It’s still a poor move to do so as an assistant, or any role. The exact text of the note reads: “ Suicided as a scientist because of the round type. Warned to not do this again, if they wish to leave the round, they can cryo.” None of the text of the note shows any bias whatsoever. It is simply that, a note that you did something not kosher. Saying you’re going to ignore an admin telling you to do something is probably not great either. The suicide verb is a mistake, and you cause a lot less strife by just cryoing out of the round. You can’t call it just “aesthetics” when one is the appropriate method to leave a round, and the other still leaves you, for all intents and purposes barring actually playing, in the round. You’re still on the manifest, still occupy a job slot, your body still exists. Still gibs and what not depending on how you went. It’s a lot easier, and proper, to cryo.

Notsuchai

Post by Notsuchai »

It might be 'proper' but please, note it is not against rules. I don't want to argue about it further than that. Should rules change, I'll adapt.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

The proper method to leaving the round is via cryo. If you wish to leave the round, then you cryo. Suiciding as a more important role just because you don't want to use cryo is unacceptable and just because something isn't explicitly in the rules, that doesn't mean you can ignore an admin telling you not to do it. Listening to admins when they tell you not to do something, however, IS in the rules.

GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

They were a scientist, while not a very important slot they were already told to cryo next time to avoid hogging a slot.
The second round, they were an assistant, an unlimited job slot, I don't see why they should be warned/noted again for suiciding as an assistant.

Notsuchai

Post by Notsuchai »

Nethaufer wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:19 pm
The proper method to leaving the round is via cryo. If you wish to leave the round, then you cryo. Listening to admins when they tell you not to do something, however, IS in the rules.
Yes, rules say, admin has final say on ruling for current round, if you wish to log in to rule me every round, please do.
Suiciding as a more important role just because you don't want to use cryo is unacceptable and just because something isn't explicitly in the rules, that doesn't mean you can ignore an admin telling you not to do it.
I can, because rules are there for a reason, I won't listen to just any admin make up rules on the spot. Hence why I made this complaint. Besides suiciding as important role wasn't something I did in either case.
Listening to admins when they tell you not to do something, however, IS in the rules.
Rule 2: Listen to the admins
Admins always have the final say during a round.
If you do want to make impactful rulings that make your word the law for whole server and every player consider applying for head admin.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

GrayRachnid wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:33 pm
They were a scientist, while not a very important slot they were already told to cryo next time to avoid hogging a slot.
The second round, they were an assistant, an unlimited job slot, I don't see why they should be warned/noted again for suiciding as an assistant.
They weren't noted again. As Red even says in his response.

mouseofthecake

Post by mouseofthecake »

Not only are you attempting to lawyer the rules, ignoring what an admin told you not to do, and failing to understand how admins can enforce rules, but you're also being crass about it.

What do you hope to accomplish with this complaint?

Notsuchai

Post by Notsuchai »

Mhm, so you pick and choose what rules to apply and also fail to understand them yet somehow, got to be an admin? But please stay on topic, rather than criticising my post for something that isn't related to the whole thing. Instead of addressing my points you baselessly attack me. Nothing to back you up on that.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Well, if you want to be on topic then, tossing around words like "shitmin/grudge/harassment" is absolute garbage when it's just getting a note after being asked to not do something that contributes negatively to the round for no reason.
You seem to miss the entire point here, in being simply asked not to do something that makes the game unfun, but then turning it into a major fuss. It doesn't turn into a "grudge" or "harassment" because you disagree. Not going to let that continue.
New rule covering suicide's already written but pending full implementation.