[Main] Various Admins - Admin Stealth Abuse

Yakumo_Chen

[Main] Various Admins - Admin Stealth Abuse

Post by Yakumo_Chen »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Chase Redtaile, MrJWhit, probably others

Your BYOND name: YakumoChen

Date of issue and round ID: Chronic

Reason for complaint: Admins perform a mild abuse in game, during regular play, where they make their mob unable to be observed or followed by ghosts.
I dont feel like this is good admin behavior to do unless you are build mode for something for an event or some other admin bus you want to surprise players with, which they were not, this is while these admins play normal station roles.

Aside from the petty advantage of being able to hide to scene or something, I think this is a mild OOC advantage that allow admins to avoid scrutiny for other potential abuse or rule breaking, where ghosts cannot easily follow them and view their antics. Admins are held to a much higher play standard and I believe this creates a bad faith for admins to perform and be observed for said standard.

MrJWhit

Re: [Main] Various Admins - Admin Stealth Abuse

Post by MrJWhit »

The reason why I stealthmin while playing is because I don't want people to metagame if I'm an antag based on the adminwho verb. I'm, more or less, required to deadmin while being an antag.

So, if I am not stealthmode'd, then someone can say "Hey, Justin is playing and isn't on the adminwho verb, therefor, he's an antag" with 99.9% certainty.

If you want to make it so that I can be followed with the orbit verb, I have no problem with that, but this isn't an abuse in anyway.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

ImageI don't feel like retyping this so here's what I said in admin forum

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Also, what Jwhit said

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

This, like 90% of issues, can easily be solved by first actually talking to people.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Admins utilizing the stealthmin ability isn't abuse in any way, shape, or form during regular play. I can hardly imagine any scenario wherein an Admin would be in trouble for stealthing, not to mention, just about every single Admin tool is logged when it is used by an Admin - stealthed or not - and every other Admin online can see the log pop up as the tool is used. If rulebreaks and abuse are occurring, and you witness it, please adminhelp it; we've got access to server logs.

Drewfus

Post by Drewfus »

As Nik said, but just to clarify;

Deadmin verb: Hides admin verbs and turns you into a normal player

Stealthmin verb: Hides your Byond username

Stealthmin'd admins don't appear on the "Adminwho" list, have a random name in Deadchat [Spanmin, Badmin, etc.], and don't appear on the orbit list.
You can still orbit and see the mobs of stealthminned admins as a ghost. Even if the name of their mob doesn't appear on the orbit list, you can still follow them with double-click.

Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen »

Im going to drop this complaint as specifically an admin complaint. While i dont agree with the code side of this (having to find or hear a stealthmin to follow them is beyond the point), it turned out to be a code issue.

To clarofy further, the complaint was made primarially towards Chase, during a round where I thought his play was questionable, and I was unable to follow him easily. Upon questioning why i couldnt follow him his reply was "why do you care" and "If you don't like it, make a complaint" instead of a proper explanation like "I am stealthmin"