VailTheWolf

[RP/Discord] Peesh

Post by VailTheWolf »

BYOND Name of complaint against:Peesh

Your BYOND name:VailTheWolf

Date of issue and round ID:At least 3/24/2019 and onward

Reason for complaint:

https://imgur.com/a/6LonreD

Honestly, enough is enough. Ever since Hatter and Peesh have entered Stage Right, they've been a comedic duo of being as toxic as possible. They have been a nuisance for over a year hiding behind "I make shit for the server and I'm best buddies with staff." We've already knocked down one of these jokers, and it's time for the other one to go. Peesh has a been a sore to deal with this past year, even inspiring a mob to pop off with "Tesh bad" anytime a teshari player would speak about anything. Every screencap in this album is a fraction of the drama these two, along with Snow n chrysanthemums, spurred in discord and the RP server's IC and OOC channels. This behavior was not made for pure jest. Peesh genuinely admits that he hates Teshari. He redirects this hate towards Teshari players, ironically made a Teshari sleeve of his character to further meme and harass, and only stopped once Hatter was in hot water and subsequently banned. Now he is at it again a month later and I'm not putting up with it.

Leon04/16/2019
1: Stay civil.
If you can't stay civil, stop typing. Harassment, bullying, brigading, and bigotry will get you banned from the Discord.

Server Caveats
You must be 18 years or older.
You must be able to read and write English with a level of comprehension meeting the US Grade 11-12 standard.
Repeatedly coming close to breaking a rule (i.e., "toeing the line") will be counted as breaking the rule.
Repeatedly breaking the same rules will accrue harsher punishments.
All examples are just that and are not an exact list of what is and is not allowable.
Don't be a dick.
To gain access to the server, use the #station-access-request channel on the Discord.

kevinz000

Re: [RP/Discord] Peesh

Post by kevinz000 »

peesh should probably chill just a tad sometimes i suppose
that being said
i take it all back when i saw the search highlighting on the album and the timestamps
- leave github out of this, especially considering the second pr had *some* merit to it in the context of what was going on at the time even if i (or was it nicc) ultimately denied it as it was pretty unnecessary
- what a world the community would be in if we started persecuting teshari bad as "harassment, bullying, brigading, and bigotry" when it's better applied to actual issues.
<species> bad posting is everywhere, far as i'm concerned it's stupid memes funny to some annoying to others that has barely if ever resulted in actual tangible issues (including those on the game servers, as if those happen you should be ahelping the people involved), not a big issue tbh. peesh himself has zero power to do anything negative to teshari in context of codebase and administrative decisions and even back when he was a player rep he hasn't done anything in an official manner that would fit said bill.

this would be like if we started taking action on the 500 people talking shit about dogborgs without actually going out of their way to cause grief to dogborgs or drive specific players out of the server. teshari, dogborgs, horses, whatever the latest drama is, people will tend to gravitate to shitposting on a species if a lot of comparatively bad players play it, although sometimes frustrating and polarizing at the end of the day not a single thing will be done on the pure basis of "a bunch of dudes brigaded on it" because otherwise dogborgs wouldn't exist and neither would teshari.
We've already knocked down one of these jokers, and it's time for the other one to go.
damn that's one hell of a polarizing line, especially considering the album screams "i looked up every message of this user i do not like because it upsets me in the past year+ to put in a complaint" and infact yes i can see that highlighting ("tesh") in the search what the hell

tl;dr
it's better to make a complaint when it's actually someone trying to drive you off the community as opposed to ctrl + F'ing someone talking shit about a species you like and trying to spin that into a reason to punish them for it by digging up a bunch of messages over the last year+, and every time someone does that i seriously wonder how much free time they have to be doing this instead of focusing on recent incidents because if you have to go dig through a year's worth of history for posts to shame you have not a lot of ground to stand on. this is discord, some skin is required.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

p.s.
may i suggest investing in installing betterdiscord/anything that allows css injection. i see that "collapse blocked message".

Code: Select all

.message-group-blocked {
    display: none !important;    
}

VailTheWolf

Post by VailTheWolf »

It's indirect harassment, Kevinz. I've been dealing with it for over a year. Back in August is was stale at that point, now it's spoiled rotten. I'd like to think I have had hard skin for a good while, but this "joke" is degrading over time. It took me this long to reach a breaking point over it. Try and see this from my point of view for once.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Peesh has been talked to and asked to tone it back. I'm really not gonna do more than this because it isn't targetted harassment, really isn't even harassment at all, given he wasn't even directly targetting anyone, and I cant force people to like a fictional race. Moving this complaint to resolved.