[MAIN] CygnusB Putnam Ragolution - Failure to handle ahelp in a timely or professional manner.

Tupina

[MAIN] CygnusB Putnam Ragolution - Failure to handle ahelp in a timely or professional manner.

Post by Tupina »

BYOND Name of complaint against: CygnusB, Putnam, Ragolution

Your BYOND name: Tupinambis

Date of issue and round ID: July 9, 2020. 23561

Reason for complaint: After rolling revenant as an observer I discovered that there was no feasible way to succeed due to a complete lack of corpses. I chose to ahelp about this and request a different role as my current one was not playable. After an extended delay CygnusB responded to my ticket and told me that I can travel to a different z-level to get corpses there. I responded that I'd prefer not to because of how revenant works, but I received no response and eventually decided to try his suggestion.

At this point I had discovered that revenant was actually bugged and would stay immobile after collecting essence, which made the role unplayable, so I ahelped to ask about that. CygnusB took over the rev to test it, confirmed it, ghosted me and deleted the revenant. They then told me that "imma be honest idk what to press for this type of stuff" in deadchat, and left without ever resolving my ticket. I tried to get in contact with the admins with another ahelp again later, but received no response from any of the admins online (CygnusB, Putnam, Ragolution).

After an incredibly long delay I finally got another response from Cygnus stating "I know DeltaFire had the same problem with a revenant, but didn't know how to fix it either. I'm just leaving it open in case some other admin somehow knows how to fix that bug via vv or whatever." I replied that it was very unlikely that a vv fix or something would fix it, I got no response for the rest of the round.

Seeing three admins online and having incredibly long delays between responses if any at all is very frustrating. Not having any resolution or explanation as to why it's not resolved until I ahelp multiple times is frustrating. When I sit at my computer waiting for a response, not wanting to waste an admins time because I wasn't there, it's extremely frustrating. For all of this frustration, I was never given an alternative role to play or anything.

It felt as though my ticket was handled unprofessionally/poorly all the way through.

Ragolution

Re: [MAIN] CygnusB Putnam Ragolution - Failure to handle ahelp in a timely or professional manner.

Post by Ragolution »

ah shit sorry dude I was tabbing in and out

Was playing Planetside 2 with the boys and micromananging some EVE on the side, doing SS13 idlegame and watching Star Trek. The original Kirk ones.

I have a bad habit of doing 30 things at once. I forgot I was even logged in at a couple points.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

MrJWhit

Re: [MAIN] CygnusB Putnam Ragolution - Failure to handle ahelp in a timely or professional manner.

Post by MrJWhit »

I mean, admins aren't inherently coders, I wouldn't know how to handle the code fucking up that badly either, what do you think the proper solution even is for an admin? Say "yup, this is bugged" and then... fix it? If nobody can fix it, nobody can fix it.
Leaving the ticket open actively makes it so that if someone does come along, and has the ability to fix it, then can just look through the relevant info and make a fix from there. Saying "I can't fix this" isn't some admission of a failure of an admin, it's just admitting that they don't know how to fix it, it's not some cray big shameful thing.

Someone could have given you another ghost role, sure, but it's a ghost role where there are plenty of other options available for you without admin intervention involved. There isn't an obligation for an admin to give you one anyway.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

The revenant thing is a "known bug", and I cannot figure it out at all. I was somewhat following the ticket, but I thought it was handled and, more importantly, I decided that this particular ticket was lower priority than fixing an easy, easy-to-cause-accidentally recent cause of major server lag. I did, in fact, get that done, but by then it was too late, I see.

Yeah, I should've replied and maybe given you a morph or something, it would've taken 5 seconds, but I was hyperfocused as hell on server stability issues.

If you're wondering why I was keeping the game up in the background but ignoring tickets like this: sometimes the HoP and HoS have a piss-fight that the entire damn station gets involved with that started with the HoP taking the captain's saber and escalates with the HoS giving them some completely bizarre punishment or whatever. This wasn't that, it was a single player having a bad experience, which sucks and is my responsibility to fix, but I have to prioritize some things sometimes. I'd been putting off this fix for way too long.

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

MrJWhit wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 pm
I mean, admins aren't inherently coders, I wouldn't know how to handle the code fucking up that badly either, what do you think the proper solution even is for an admin? Say "yup, this is bugged" and then... fix it? If nobody can fix it, nobody can fix it.
Leaving the ticket open actively makes it so that if someone does come along, and has the ability to fix it, then can just look through the relevant info and make a fix from there. Saying "I can't fix this" isn't some admission of a failure of an admin, it's just admitting that they don't know how to fix it, it's not some cray big shameful thing.

Someone could have given you another ghost role, sure, but it's a ghost role where there are plenty of other options available for you without admin intervention involved. There isn't an obligation for an admin to give you one anyway.
I never at any point expected a fix. I explicitly stated to Cygnus that I did not expect a fix to work.
Leaving the ticket open is fine, the problem is that I was not told it would be left open, or why, until I decided to ask after waiting a while for Cygnus to respond to my ticket.

It was not a ghost role where other options were available, the role was broken, I could not move.
I am not obligated a role yes, but that's not the reason I made a complaint, it was just an insult to injury situation.

The entire issue was that I sat on the server for an hour waiting for responsed from admins that never came. I could have been doing other things, but with the ticket open and me not actually knowing why, I had to wait so I wasn't offline when an admin needed to contact me.

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Post by CygnusB »

I'm gonna need to check logs because I'm 100% sure you did **not** in fact reply to both my suggestion at exploring another deep-space z-level, or the comment I made where I'd leave it open in case anyone else knew how to fix it. So I just assumed you didn't care about the ticket too much.

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Post by CygnusB »

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tupinambis/(revenant (385))->CygnusB/(revenant (385)): I'm guessing that there is not a fix as the essence absorption is an action and thus even if you fixed it once it'd just break again if you absorbed it again.

That's the only reply I received and didn't reply to, but I didn't get one from you not wanting to explore another z-level. Revenants trigger at 20 dead mobs, so that's the sole reason I suggested it, as that's most likely why it triggered.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Was there anything else you would like addressed?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

Ragolution wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:31 pm
Was there anything else you would like addressed?
No this can be closed.