[Main] Deus Sepulchre - Neglecting to do their job/general community nuisance

poptar4551

[Main] Deus Sepulchre - Neglecting to do their job/general community nuisance

Post by poptar4551 »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Deus Sepulchre

Your BYOND name: poptar4551

Date of issue and round ID: 7/21/20, 23719

Reason for complaint: Inability to do the job properly, a constant nuisance when in the round.

During this round in particular we had cultists. At one point early on the HoS, gronk, was in a bit of trouble with a cultist. I managed to come to his aid and save him by pulling back to medical. Once he got up we both walked to sec as gronk declared we needed to get weapons to fight off the cultists.

Mind you they are now confirmed, the station knows, and it's been said over comms multiple times.

I walk in with gronk to get guns and he evens clears me but Icktsie persists on telling the HoS that he is in control of the guns and that I should not be given any. Continuously tried to impede our process while cultists are loose. He eventually harm-batons me and gronk had to tell him again and again that it's fine before Icktsie backed off. I got my guns and Gronk implanted me with a mindshield chip.

The situation was over and I got my guns. Great. A battle with some cultists ensues at the bottom of the station, near evac. They used an EMP spell which rendered the two laser weapons useless. Once I got away I headed back to the armory to get more guns, ones that would be more effective. As soon as I headed into security, with Icktsie being no help to open doors...I multi-tooled my way back into armory. Icktsie runs up, stuns me and calls me a greyshit and throws me outside - trying to make me ask for the guns. Impeding the process again. I'm still mind shielded. I'm still cleared. Throughout this, Icktsie did nothing but hinder everyone until the cultists were at secs door.

This has not been the first time icktsie has been unhelpful. We had a round on war-ops where he neglected to let anyone into armory because it was HIS armory. We had stated it was war-ops but he was still stubborn about it, only choosing to berate those who defied him and told him he was wrong.

Icktsie has been nothing but an issue, making excuses here and there that people like him and that everyone that's against him is just bitching. He does not know how to properly roleplay, nor does he know how to read a room. The mans neglects, and I say this as nicely as I can, common sense in any degree. Why we still have him in this server or allow him to play roles like security, or warden, is a wonder to me for all he does is use the power to his own advantage and hinder progress or ruin others rounds.
Last edited by poptar4551 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Detective Google

Re: [Main] Deus Sepulchre - Neglecting to do their job/general community nuisance

Post by Detective Google »

I'd like to add to this by mentioning the persistent 'issue' of Icktsie constantly rolling warden, then getting HoS access or straight up stealing HoS gear, in order to effectively "LARP" as a HoS, as I understand this is the result of him circumventing a headban to play like he is one anyway.

Yakumo_Chen

Re: [Main] Deus Sepulchre - Neglecting to do their job/general community nuisance

Post by Yakumo_Chen »

I don't want to rag on Icktsie but I've had one round with him where I was HoS and he was warden and it was a bad experience all around. I discovered two traitors with the cult items, debated going after them before they had done any blatant harm with Icktsie (disclosure: cults trigger me hardcore and even just the traitor version makes me want to shut it down hard). He convinced me to go after them, I spent a large part of the round rounding up both traitors, who by that point had only really set up minor bases that I had smashed and run away from me / got captured and turned out without their gear.

The clock cultist (chaplain) was detained and let go sans gear early on, and I had finally captured an atmos tech (Justin) with the blood cult version. While I went to deal with another issue, Icks took Justin and instead of just taking his shit and letting him go, he spent a not-insignificant amount of time """"threatening""" him with execution, unauthorized by anyone (me) by pulling Justin to the transfer room and pretending to go through the motions to "scare him", apparently to convince the chaplain to deconvert Justin (even though the chaplain was obviously a clock cultist traitor) in an effort to "prove" something or another that the chaplain wasn't trustworthy (obviously), not that I think cult traitors can be deconverted anyway. After a lengthy debate and reeling things back in, I finally decided that neither traitor was actually planning on cult murderboning, implanted them with chem and tracking, and just let them loose with their gear, rounds ruined, nobody having had any fun through the ordeal.

Icks response was to berate me incredibly hard over how bad of an HoS I was for not executing, letting them go scot free, etc etc, telling me about how much better of an HoS he could be, I was shit, etc etc, it left an incredibly sour taste of him in my mouth and did not give me any confidence whatsoever to want to play in security with him again. All despite the fact that the majority of the round-ruining actions I had done were largely egged on by him (as I was willing to just play 'wait and see' when I initially discovered cult stuff on cameras).

Snowdragon01

Post by Snowdragon01 »

I do not have to much to add. I want to confirm that original post happened as I was there when it did happen.

What I will add is that he doesn't seem to want to learn from his actions. He simply rants about the community or others when ever people get on him about something. It's all "greytiders" or "meta cliches" or "bitches".

edited for clarity.

moltoretardo

Post by moltoretardo »

So I came back to spectate for 2 rounds and both time I've seen him act like a mouthbreather. Not only does he never seems to take to good decision, he will always bitch and insults the people that tries to correct him. He told security that cult round to arrest Ros-Kun at least 3 time while Ros-Kun wasn't playing ( he wasn't in game ), he also harmbatoned someone for going into the armory with the hos and when the hos explained him three time that the assistant was on their side he finally backed out and kept bitching about the assistant being a "greytider" during halo cult. Not only that but a short moment after Nakura also got into the brig to get implanted and went out to fight the cult and yet Icktsie told everyone he was a cultist because?? He also kept berating gronk for being a bad hos and while gronk was healing and arming himself back up after surviving a cult assault he went and said something like "Security should do something instead of being worthless in the brig, mostly talking about our hos" His behaviour is the one of an angry child that will keep muttering behind your back because you told him not to ingest those 30 chocolate chip cookies. What is also very infuriating is that it's not the first time nor the tenth. He was acting like a complete idiot 6 months ago and never changed.

Another round, war ops this time. Instead of being a non-nuisance for once, he chose to keep inducing drama with his funny warden behavious. Nakura tried to get some guns because it's a good way to kill the reds and Icktsie tried to stop him for a reason I ignore. Nakura bonk him and cuff him so he stop being a nuisance and instead of finally understanding that he's again in the wrong...

And that's during a warops round...when you should be busy doing your everything defending a station getting raided by bad peeps.
Lucky for us that was worth a good copypasta.
I didn't spectate everything that time but you can check out the logs yourselves.

This is probably not a nice thing to say but even the sewer server doesn't want him, I don't know why we should be the one tolerating it. His behaviour is also extremely shitty in OOC.

And that's from only two rounds. I am too lazy to get the old ones because it's not really worth my time.

As a final message, I think that having someone who constantly makes people angry by being the most incompetent and bitchy person on the whole station leaves a very bad image for the security department. Watching someone be that bad while getting no punishment is flabbergasting for anyone new that tries to play by the rules. The only excuse I can get for him being still here is that spectating someone that clueless and idiotic must be absolutely funny for admins. I really hope he wasn't lying when he said yesterday,after going into yet another ape rage in OOC chat, that he was coding his whole station and that he didn't care about getting unbanned, that would solve the problem for us.

Glory to Ick station 13
:woozy_face:

Deathninja5551

Post by Deathninja5551 »

I know that this is only a small and not so important addition, as well as potentially being irrelevant, but a lot of these problems can be somewhat summed up in this short phrase Deus often says.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (11.3 KiB) Viewed 3507 times
No clue how images work so I hope that looks okay.
This sort of ideology is frankly unhealthy in general, and is slowly leading into his descending downward spiral. I'm bringing attention to this small detail mostly because I actually feel bad for him feeling/being this way. Breaks are healthy and the best way to recuperate. Don't continue to torture yourself over a game. Please.
”Without realizing it, people tend to act in ways that suit their own best interests, and before they know it, they’ve turned all their efforts to seeing just how powerful or successful they can become.”
-Jazz, Eternal Sonata

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I'll be marking this complaint as handled/resolved for the time being.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.