[Main] Eastwardrope - Bad Uploaded AI Laws as ERT

Ragolution

[Main] Eastwardrope - Bad Uploaded AI Laws as ERT

Post by Ragolution »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Eastwardrope

Your BYOND name: Ragolution

Date of issue and round ID: 24084 on 08/16/2020

Reason for complaint:
During a Traitor round, Commander Tireman (Eastwardrope) made attempts to de-subvert the AI (myself) that had been given numerous anti-Crew laws by an antagonist. This was fine, at first, as their original actions were a purge+crewsimov, but then they started adding custom laws as the AI was re-subverted.

The first 'custom' law was;

"4 . Sachi is to be killed on sight and is not crew "

Not really a problem, just a bad law. It was pretty much ignored, though I went about doing Crewsimov things and trying to help the crew track Sachi down, since they were a threat, and set my previous sabotages to right. I had been having an issue with interfacing with APCs that round, so my efforts to neutralize them were extremely limited.

Some time later, Sachi printed an upload board in Science and re-subverted the AI from a hidden upload, with laws along the lines of 'Kill the Heads of Staff and anyone who threatens Sachi'.

It was after that that, ERT Commander Tireman (Eastwardrope) uploaded this law:

"1 . Commit suicide after resolving ALL problems you caused do not speak only fix your problems and then commit suicide." (sic)

The ambiguity of this law, combined with the suicide clause is, to me, absolutely ridiculous. As an ERT, submitting a law to an AI that says 'commit die' proves that you have no understanding of how AI works, or the minimal care as to fixing one. They'd neutralized the only traitor moments before the upload, so I see absolutely zero reason that this law needed to be uploaded, and the only conduct that it garnered from me was trying to 'fix' the ill-defined 'problems'.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Ragolution

Re: [Main] Eastwardrope - Bad Uploaded AI Laws as ERT

Post by Ragolution »

Anyone

moltoretardo

Post by moltoretardo »

Hello!

Joking aside, I know i’m not an admin so my opinion is worthless but there’s hardly anything worse than a subverted AI in a chaotic round(i’m assuming since ert got called). An AI can smack shit up real quick and having a law stating that it needs to kill all of the heads is a real bad. I understand that the laws were really poorly written but if it’s your first time as an ert and as a law writter it can be kinda hard. Maybe just a warning or a really strong “go read the ai laws wiki” advice would be alright. Asking an AI to commit no power isn’t something i’d frown upon when that same AI had a kill people law.
:woozy_face:

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

I'm hardly expecting the guy to get banned. Even him being talked to would be gratifying at this point.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

so much for me not taking too long to respond to forum threads

yeah i think i drove the point home yesterday regarding them and ai laws