[RP] Kegsey Winters - Greytiding/Antagonistic Actions

Yuliy

[RP] Kegsey Winters - Greytiding/Antagonistic Actions

Post by Yuliy »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Kegsey Winters

Your BYOND name: Yuliy

Date of issue and round ID: November 30th, 10:30 GMT+9

Reason for complaint: There was an event occurred related to the cultists.
However, while as the event progressed, peoples realized that:
Cain has broken into the chapel, stole the holy water and the null rod inside the locker, and gave it to the random person nearby.
Why? Just because he can.
Followed by a recent rule updates, regarding of the greytide,
- Breaking into places randomly for the sake of acquiring powerful items is not allowed - this is power gaming.
- Breaking into places to acquire something for a gimmick you are running is.
Two examples have been directly been violated.

While this is one specific event, I'd like to note that a lot of the players in-game doesn't like his greytiding LRP actions, at all.
Example as - Constantly taking the vox pirate ship and 'eating the nuke,' randomly giving out things just because he can, arguing to the peoples that are doing their work just because his feeling was harmed; Even when they're not involved, etcetera, etcetera.

This current report is simply one of their continuous actions.
Last edited by Yuliy on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murphy

Re: [RP] Kegsey Winters - Greytiding/Antagonistic Actions

Post by Murphy »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Kegsey Winters

Your Byond Key: Jackson T. Murphy

Date of issue and round ID: November 30th, 10:30 GMT+9

I can attest to the actions of the player in question, in the round in question. In this round, rather than talk to my Character, the PF, and the one most involved in the situation, he went and gave the null rod to the pilot of the group, and did not even inform the person in charge (or, if we are arguing semantics about the PF being "in charge", the one most involved/familiar in the situation) that he had done so. When the group arrived at the chapel, we did not have access to the tools we would need.

DegenerateCain

Post by DegenerateCain »

Allow me to voice my own opinions;

-Giving random things out to people is quite literally the job of Science, I'll admit the holy water was to make Godka (no carth)/Gods Sake. Thought I believe we're talking about Science Headset keys, which as the department head I should be allowed to do so. The AMI RIGsuit for the same reason, I wasn't intending on doing any spacefaring so why not give it to someone that'll put it to use rather than having it sit gathering dust in the office.

I gave the null rod to the pilot because Jack, Pax, Nut and otherwise were still having conversations inside the shuttle, Pax going so far as to even mention "I SAW YOU GIVE HER THAT NULL ROD BY THE WAY"; with the knowledge already at hand I don't believe this even constitutes a player complaint, since communication could've been used to get it from the pilot.

-I'll admit, that taking the nuke is likely the worst thing I've done that is lowRP, though I would hardly call what I am doing "greytiding". I have already been given a talking to by Captain about the situation and in the future if I DO take the nuke, it'll be kept on the Triumph. https://gyazo.com/5ce641cff154b88ea5f2b4210d7eeee5

-The real reason I took the nullrod was mostly because I wanted to see if it had the Chaplain alterations like the Chainsaw hand 'n' such; seeing as said item was hardly used I didn't think it was such an issue, this just happened to be on the one round where cult stuff was goin' on. Sorry. I didn't know it was a "powerful item" on this server as the server I've come from, to repeat myself, it's literally never used.

"Rather than talk to my Character, the PF, and the one most involved in the situation, he went and gave the null rod to the pilot of the group" - As stated previously, it was already noted by Pax I had given it to Nila, I just didn't want to walk all the way back inside the shuttle to give it to you directly; apologies as I assumed you could communicate with your team.

"Arguing to the peoples that are doing their work just because his feeling was harmed" - I have no idea what happened, but I am not gonna let a 2D spess game hurt my feelings? That just seems aggressively worded. The way that Cain will react in an IC situation is not akin to my feelings IRL; that's what it means to play a character... A good example was when I was talking to Ursa/Delilah on the bridge, Cain being rather terrified whilst I myself was screaming "PAT. THAT. PUPPER." in LOOC.

In the end I did get my Gods Sake. It tasted like the power of God and Anime.

Edit: Some grammar and clarification
Edit 2: A
Last edited by DegenerateCain on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

:my: I'll be responding to this in full tomorrow. I'm currently in bed and more information is currently being processed. If you have input and are directly involved in this situation, feel free to continue posting in the meantime.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

So, there's a lot to cover here and it's all spread around in three different places. I may miss something, or put something in the wrong place, etc.

Now, we'll start by saying that this is not the first time I've had complaints about LRP behavior from you. Before we get to all that, though, I'm intent on addressing the matter at hand, starting with your response here in this thread, and then continuing with responses you have given elsewhere.
Giving random things out to people is quite literally the job of Science, I'll admit the holy water was to make Godka (no carth)/Gods Sake. Thought I believe we're talking about Science Headset keys, which as the department head I should be allowed to do so. The AMI RIGsuit for the same reason, I wasn't intending on doing any spacefaring so why not give it to someone that'll put it to use rather than having it sit gathering dust in the office.
Wrong. The job of Science is to conduct research across a variety of fields, and distribute the results of that research to specific parties that can make use of those items. Some discretion and wiggle room is granted for the purposes of memes, general antics, or low-security items. It is not, however, the job of Science to just throw whatever items they want out to whoever they want. Although passing out the AMI and Science channel headsets is something the RD can do at their discretion, it is also 100% irrelevant to this current discussion, and is a diversion.
I gave the null rod to the pilot because Jack, Pax, Nut and otherwise were still having conversations inside the shuttle, Pax going so far as to even mention "I SAW YOU GIVE HER THAT NULL ROD BY THE WAY"; with the knowledge already at hand I don't believe this even constitutes a player complaint, since communication could've been used to get it from the pilot.
We're going to get to this later, I just want to point it out here.
I'll admit, that taking the nuke is likely the worst thing I've done that is lowRP, though I would hardly call what I am doing "greytiding". I have already been given a talking to by Captain about the situation and in the future if I DO take the nuke, it'll be kept on the Triumph.
You shouldn't be making a routine out of taking the nuke to begin with. In very specific circumstances (An organized raid on the Vox base, or capturing the Skiff during a Vox raid on the ship) securing the nuclear device is fine. Otherwise, you shouldn't be going out and hunting it down just to take it and the Skiff. That isn't why they're there.
The real reason I took the nullrod was mostly because I wanted to see if it had the Chaplain alterations like the Chainsaw hand 'n' such; seeing as said item was hardly used I didn't think it was such an issue, this just happened to be on the one round where cult stuff was goin' on. Sorry. I didn't know it was a "powerful item" on this server as the server I've come from, to repeat myself, it's literally never used.
The Null Rod does have these alterations, but only the Chaplain can use them. Regardless, you just taking sensitive gear to fuck with it is not okay. Period. It's the exact same thing as taking the Captain's laser, or the HoS' weapon. Breaking into an area to steal powerful gear belonging to another role is 100% powergaming. Outside of an immediate threat to the station requiring the use of the Null Rod, it isn't the right of any job on the ship beyond the Chaplain to just come in and take it. Holy water is somewhat more permissible, due to its ability to be reproduced, but even in that context, imagine if you came in and someone had emptied out your Office of everything specific to your job. It's incredibly shitty, and you as an RD have absolutely zero business taking either of those things, regardless of whether they're currently being used or are currently useful in the round. Try taking the Spare under that logic and see how it goes.
"Rather than talk to my Character, the PF, and the one most involved in the situation, he went and gave the null rod to the pilot of the group" - As stated previously, it was already noted by Pax I had given it to Nila, I just didn't want to walk all the way back inside the shuttle to give it to you directly; apologies as I assumed you could communicate with your team.
The Pathfinder has the final call on equipment carried by their team. Regardless, you should not have had the Null Rod to begin with, let alone given it to some random player.

Now, to go on to another statement you've provided that is unavailable in this thread, but is immediately relevant to it:
I had gotten the Nullrod to check for its alternate forms and the holy water for Godka/Gods sake
We've covered this, but again: Regardless of rank, this is 100% not cool for prior reasons listed. It is to be treated as equivalent to stealing other role specific powerful gear.
upon leaving I walked into Nila...[REDACTED]...realising that I had the Nullrod and that those guys were talking about priesty stuff I decide not to walk back into the room 'n' gave the nullrod to her instead
You really like to "forget" that you take sensitive gear a lot. Like the nuke you "forgot" you had in your stomach. If you can't be trusted to remember what you've stolen, you shouldn't be stealing it.
You also shouldn't be passing off sensitive gear to people who aren't qualified for it, especially under the circumstances you laid out.

There are some other things that are not relevant to this current case. So, in summation:
  • The Pathfinder has the final say over gear assignments of the team. It is entirely reasonable for them to object to (stolen) powerful items being passed off to crew under their command without consultation.
  • The RD shouldn't be stealing important gear. If you don't know what gear is important, you shouldn't be playing a Head. Heads of Staff are a vital role that provides oversight and guidance to new players. If you aren't sure about how a server differs to your prior one, do not start playing a job you used to play and act like everything is going to be just the same. When in doubt, ahelp. If no admins are around, ask in LOOC.
  • This is twice now I've had to talk to you specifically about LRP behavior, but it isn't the second time I've heard of it.
I expect it to be the last.