RP OOC Ghost Comments, LiuJr

royalderg

RP OOC Ghost Comments, LiuJr

Post by royalderg »

THREAD TITLE REQUIRED: "[MAIN/RP/DISCORD/FORUMS/OTHER]

THEIR CKEY: LiuJr

Short version of your complaint reason: Comments after they already ghosted (ooc comments) I quite literally can take anything but I draw a line at ooc comments, sorry.

BYOND Name of complaint against: LiuJr

Your BYOND name: Royalderg

Date of issue and round ID: 1/5/2021, Round-03.26.23

Reason for complaint: OOC comments based on "fuck this character" despite them being ghosted/out of the round.. this isn't even for behavior in the round.. AHelped and told to make a complaint, Evidence below

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 4/kekw.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /lolol.PNG
Last edited by royalderg on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silicons

Re: RP OOC Ghost Comments, LiuJr

Post by Silicons »

furthermore, your second attachment does not actually work, you may wish to recheck them.

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello,

I want to first open this post with the topic of what you posted and we had to remove, mini-modding.

Firstly, please do not ever act in any authority officially and declare yourself capable of doling out bans at your whim per the request of not receiving drama or derision. The boards are not here for people to post drama in, create drama in, or make demands towards admins to personally ban someone that does breathe wind towards causing drama. If we see it personally is causing an issue, we will take action. In that same vein, if you conduct yourself in this form again or make the choice words in any capacity facilitating a ban or acting in upmost confidence that you can have someone banned for discussing your topic in a negative light, we will take action against YOU instead and then look into the problem next time.

Secondly, moving onto the topic at hand I see that you've got deadchat screencaps in your post. I'm sorry, but we are not here to personally thought police every person that provides derision towards a specific character or person sans their words being sheer momentum towards pushing for harassing or causing continual issue with another player. Admins are not your personal militia to take down derision every step of the way, you will encounter it on here just as well as one would encounter it in the real world outside of the game. My suggestion is growing thicker skin, being the bigger person, and moving on from it. That said, I do not condone the acts of LiuJr or any person that has given you negative feedback or stated negative comments about your character or person otherwise. This is also not a justification towards those comments. This is simply me stating that there is slim to none that we can do for thought policing derision or negative feedback sans it being an active problem, again, fueling harassment or drama centric around your person or character.

Thirdly, and finally, drama does happen. While I am not a strong advocate for you being targeted as a center point of drama, nor am I really keen on your posts being used as some contingent source of, as the kids say, "hot goss"; I personally do believe that in the stance of you coming here and writing this post for something so minimal that you, indeed, are causing your own problems. Take a second to look back on what exactly you've posted, what I've told you here today, and please reflect on this going forward. This is not me personally telling you to 'knock it off and never complain here again', no, it is me telling you to please take something this petty with a grain of salt or, if it's actively something serious in the future, to pull an admin help ticket in the discord so we can discuss it privately between administrators in full confidence in order to prevent you from being the target of someone's petulant drama-cesspool that stirs from something this insignificant being posted to the boards.

In closing, I would highly suggest maybe not concerning yourself with what others say, taking it all with a grain of salt, going about your own business and, as the kids say (again), "MMMMMMBlockin' out the haters", per se. It would deal you a great advantage towards the issues at hand, and would prevent us from dealing with future issues with deadchat derision once again. You will inevitably encounter derision. It is a part of life and something we cannot, despite not facilitating or approving of, police well enough to have an active case on our hands towards the person(s) mentioned.

Thank you for posting and have a great (and safe) day,

-Jay

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

First of all what mini modding did I have? Second I was quite literally told by an admin to make a complaint on the forums and now im being berrated for making said complaint? As for the attatchment let me fix that

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

threatening people with bans on your own complaint is ridiculous and i'm not sure if minimodding was the right word for it but if it happens to not be, it's definitely close. the exact quote was pretty horrendous my friend, to be entirely blunt it sounded hilariously high and mighty and we do not tolerate threatening people with "including and up to being suspended indefinitely" regarding these forums. this forum is here to levy complaints not to imply administrative power where you have none, and in fact, actual administrators would not nearly be allowed to threaten people in the way you did in your line that i am quoting. if people come here to wordlessly shit on it without context they will be handled. you do not threaten people with administrative action.

as for the actual complaint,
i do not believe jaybird is here to berate you. personally i don't know why it requires a player complaint for deadchat salt of all things but captain277 will probably be the one to give the finishing statement on this one.

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

Jaybirdnerd wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 am
Hello,

I want to first open this post with the topic of what you posted and we had to remove, mini-modding.

Firstly, please do not ever act in any authority officially and declare yourself capable of doling out bans at your whim per the request of not receiving drama or derision. The boards are not here for people to post drama in, create drama in, or make demands towards admins to personally ban someone that does breathe wind towards causing drama. If we see it personally is causing an issue, we will take action. In that same vein, if you conduct yourself in this form again or make the choice words in any capacity facilitating a ban or acting in upmost confidence that you can have someone banned for discussing your topic in a negative light, we will take action against YOU instead and then look into the problem next time.

Secondly, moving onto the topic at hand I see that you've got deadchat screencaps in your post. I'm sorry, but we are not here to personally thought police every person that provides derision towards a specific character or person sans their words being sheer momentum towards pushing for harassing or causing continual issue with another player. Admins are not your personal militia to take down derision every step of the way, you will encounter it on here just as well as one would encounter it in the real world outside of the game. My suggestion is growing thicker skin, being the bigger person, and moving on from it. That said, I do not condone the acts of LiuJr or any person that has given you negative feedback or stated negative comments about your character or person otherwise. This is also not a justification towards those comments. This is simply me stating that there is slim to none that we can do for thought policing derision or negative feedback sans it being an active problem, again, fueling harassment or drama centric around your person or character.

Thirdly, and finally, drama does happen. While I am not a strong advocate for you being targeted as a center point of drama, nor am I really keen on your posts being used as some contingent source of, as the kids say, "hot goss"; I personally do believe that in the stance of you coming here and writing this post for something so minimal that you, indeed, are causing your own problems. Take a second to look back on what exactly you've posted, what I've told you here today, and please reflect on this going forward. This is not me personally telling you to 'knock it off and never complain here again', no, it is me telling you to please take something this petty with a grain of salt or, if it's actively something serious in the future, to pull an admin help ticket in the discord so we can discuss it privately between administrators in full confidence in order to prevent you from being the target of someone's petulant drama-cesspool that stirs from something this insignificant being posted to the boards.

In closing, I would highly suggest maybe not concerning yourself with what others say, taking it all with a grain of salt, going about your own business and, as the kids say (again), "MMMMMMBlockin' out the haters", per se. It would deal you a great advantage towards the issues at hand, and would prevent us from dealing with future issues with deadchat derision once again. You will inevitably encounter derision. It is a part of life and something we cannot, despite not facilitating or approving of, police well enough to have an active case on our hands towards the person(s) mentioned.

Thank you for posting and have a great (and safe) day,

-Jay
Also just to start, it seems you can and have done things against people harassing others oocly... But the most progress is done via a discord ticket where the discussion isn't public.. thats not even to add that I was literally told too make this complaint because of my ahelp being late into the round (cause its ghost comments) so relax with your accusation of me attempting to spark more stuff.. I just personally dont like people telling me or my character to go fuck themselves after the round... If that's something you and by extension the admin team can't/won't punish for the simple fact of telling someone "Hey maybe keep stuff in game there's people behind the screens ya know" is thought policing then that's fine.. but its weird this post was cut down in a multi paragraph response claiming I don't have thick skin, that I'm attempting to mini mod, and incite drama.. while a discord ticket (you can only open one at a time btw) will actually be productive.. and I mean we both quite literally have logs to back up that discord tickets aren't shot down right after they're posted at least none of the ones I've opened.

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

Silicons wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm
threatening people with bans on your own complaint is ridiculous and i'm not sure if minimodding was the right word for it but if it happens to not be, it's definitely close. the exact quote was pretty horrendous my friend, to be entirely blunt it sounded hilariously high and mighty and we do not tolerate threatening people with "including and up to being suspended indefinitely" regarding these forums. this forum is here to levy complaints not to imply administrative power where you have none, and in fact, actual administrators would not nearly be allowed to threaten people in the way you did in your line that i am quoting. if people come here to wordlessly shit on it without context they will be handled. you do not threaten people with administrative action.

as for the actual complaint,
i do not believe jaybird is here to berate you. personally i don't know why it requires a player complaint for deadchat salt of all things but captain277 will probably be the one to give the finishing statement on this one.
Can you show me the log on that before you edited it cause I literally can't remember I wrote this at like 3 AM and I highly doubt it was anything close to that

Also Captain was literally the person who told me to make the complaint

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

Sorry wrote this at 2 AM my bad

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

Do NOT use this as a way to insult people or start drama. You will be BANNED from this forum and have possible action taken against you for doing so. Including and up to being suspended indefinitely. False claims will not be tolerated and will be punished accordingly.
exact quote that i erased

royalderg

Post by royalderg »

Silicons wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 pm
Do NOT use this as a way to insult people or start drama. You will be BANNED from this forum and have possible action taken against you for doing so. Including and up to being suspended indefinitely. False claims will not be tolerated and will be punished accordingly.
exact quote that i erased
Thats part of the format for the complaint form...