[RP] PastelPrincesDan - Rule 1: No Griefing

Yuliy

[RP] PastelPrincesDan - Rule 1: No Griefing

Post by Yuliy »

BYOND Name of complaint against: PastelPrincesDan

Your BYOND name: Yuliy

Date of issue and round ID: February 14th, 8:40 PM (GMT +9)

Reason for complaint: There was an incident where PastelPrincesDan begins to argue with someone in the game, then begin to salt the argument in the D-chat.
This sort of attitude of the admin's behavior was considered 'wrong;' As one of the admin previously had the same path of making an insult on the d-chat before and had a warning.
This report has been made as PastelPrincesDan doesn't seem to care a single bit of their wrong-doing solely because the incident has occurred in the low population time, daring me to make a forum complaint.
Followed by rule 1, chapter 1, 'Do not go out of your way to make the player on the other side of the screen miserable.' and
rule 1, chapter 4, 'Context matters. We are not here to police feelings. However, if it is clear that what you are doing would make the average person uncomfortable or be enough to harass an average person out of the server/community, it will be considered equivalent to griefing.'
Seems to be violated, and the report was made because the admin of the server does not seem to care about their own violation.

[Common] Kiyoshi Maki (follow) says, "You messed with the fucking door and complained about it; now fuck off before I contact Central about harrassment."
[Common] Ketsaam Bayan (follow) asks, "Did you seriously just bolt yourself in a room without a multitool to unbolt?"
[Common] Kiyoshi Maki (follow) says, "YES."
[Common] Kiyoshi Maki (follow) says, "MIND YOUR BUSINESS, YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKWAD."
Now orbiting Kiyoshi Maki.
[Common] Ketsaam Bayan (follow) says, "Also you fuck off before I contact central about sabotage"
Now orbiting Ketsaam Bayan.
[Common] Kiyoshi Maki (follow) says, "Try it, they have cameras. I'm not the one in trouble here."

DEAD: GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "i am moments away from murdering this dude"
DEAD: FreeStylaLT (Hawke Boetirson) (follow) blubbers, "uh oh"
DEAD: FreeStylaLT (Hawke Boetirson) (follow) blubbers, "what happened"
DEAD: GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "did you not hear over comms"
DEAD: Aku complains, "Someone's taking stuff real personally."
DEAD: GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "you try having to deal with the random creepy bondage taj : )"
DEAD: Aku complains, "Salt ICly, not in dchat."
DEAD: GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "oh"
DEAD: Aku whines, "Jay got warned from the other peoples."
DEAD: Aku laments, "Other headmins, rather. You're on same path now"
GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "whatever, it's deadpop, no one cares"
Aku complains, "I care. Peoples will care if I ping the higher ups."
DEAD: GameAdmin(PastelPrinceDan) says, "okay do it then, make a complaint, we have forums."

Enzo_Leon

Re: [RP] PastelPrincesDan - Rule 1: No Griefing

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Need additional context on this to better understand

1 - What was their job during this round
2 - What was the context for trying to get into the room in the first place

Time does not matter cause the rules are the same 24/7 no matter if its dead-pop or not.

PastelPrinceDan

Post by PastelPrinceDan »

Hi.

First off - I want to mention that nowhere in the Admin Policy page mentions talking about other players, including complaining. I wasn't even aware Jay had been called out for something like that. I talk to the admin team when it comes to these matters, not to the first person who says it with no references.

Second - Griefing? Making someone else miserable? If anything, I was the one getting oh-so-fucking annoyed at a random person breaking into the room I had BOLTED, electrifying and removing the safeties on the door I had closed, and accusing me of doing it (which... ???? I had wirecutters to find the wires, no multitool. Every wire except bolt and bolt lights were fixed, so whoever made the door a hazard pulsed the wires). Add to this the fact they kept accusing me of it over comms, before the extract you so kindly took out of context, and I believe my IC reply was reasonable.

Third - Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it in Dsay, sure. It just got to me because I was tired and annoyed at some random other character. Not my smartest move, won't do it again, but see my first point again.

Fourth - I didn't /dare/ you to make a complaint. I direct people to the forums often, friends included, for complaints. We have them, they are made to be used.

Fifth - in reply to Enzo this time. I was paramedic and making a vibe room while waiting for stuff to happen. Ketsaam breaking into the maint room was because they heard hacking noises, /I guess/, but it was a /maint room/ therefore a semi-protected area. Especially considering they got tools just to break in when noticing it was bolted.

Have a good day.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Alright, going over Yuily's complaint and the responses, I think this comes down to an issue of interpretation, and more precisely, severity. I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd probably make a larger post about this, but here's what I'd try to get across either way.

Administration relies heavily on player trust to work properly, and it is in the interest of the Administration to avoid undermining that trust whenever possible. Something like complaining to players about another player's behavior is reasonable, and I don't see any reason to try and stop that. Complaining about players to other players in-game, where they have no mechanism to view or otherwise interact with criticism, is a little less appropriate. The Administration has access to private channels like Asay in-game where this kind of discussion can be held.

I can see why there would be an issue with how Dan shifted to dead chat here. However, there are no standing portions of Admin Policy that clearly lay this out, and I don't believe this was severe enough to constitute a Rule 1 violation.

I will look at adding something to policy regarding what channels are appropriate to use for certain things, but I think it may come down to being a concern regarding etiquette. Since there was no existing policy, and because these matters are fuzzy, I don't see any action that needs to be taken regarding Dan specifically, beyond this conversation we're having now.

An update to the Admin Policy will be made shortly.