[Main] H.I.Jinxy - excessive round-ending bussing

LeonDuvall

[Main] H.I.Jinxy - excessive round-ending bussing

Post by LeonDuvall »

BYOND Name of complaint against: H.I.Jinxy

Your BYOND name: Leonduvall

Date of issue and round ID: 6/7/2021 27439 and the previous round

Reason for complaint: H.I.Jinxy bussed round-end threats twice in a row, both of which either succeeded excessively well or killed the majority of the station. The first instance was bussing in a blob, then ignoring the two messages from the crew when they were trying to ask centcom for an ERT as the blob had 4 blobbernauts and was doing incredibly well against whatever response the crew was able to muster, the supermatter had also delaminated earlier that round. The second instance was them bussing in a Xenos event, which snowballed heavily into multiple infected hosts and resulted in the station being largely slaughtered, and ghosts were very active in becoming new alien larvae. They did apply ERTs to the situation, but the ERTs were all slaughtered fairly quickly. The chaos level in two rounds in a row seems to have been excessive and their bussed antags were both round-ending.

The normal antagonists for these rounds also were not entirely inactive either, though I cannot attest directly to how active they were in full as I was not heavily observing them in each instance.

CoffeeJinx

Re: [Main] H.I.Jinxy - excessive round-ending bussing

Post by CoffeeJinx »

Before I begin my response I'll own the power level of the xenos. Should have sent an amber ERT after the failed Assistants with flamers idea didn't pan out.
So lets divide this between the two incidents. The Blob round and the Xeno round. Both rounds had a similar theme of antags not doing much at all and it both being about an hour into the shift. That is about the only shared similarities to the situation.
The round with the blob wasn't a normally bused blob. The round in question had a fully manned security team that had captured and detained an antagonist that they had thought was a changeling. My understanding of the round and log diving makes me belie they did not know one way or the other. After capturing the ling they trapped it in xenobio for a length of time of what felt about ten minutes. During that time in the secure xeno storage I gave the changeling the option to "rapidly evolve" I remove it's changeling status and made it into a blob with the intention and directions to expand when possible. What I did not expect was security to further put the ling into long term prison for about ten more minutes. After this all of security slowly cryoed out as the ex-ling was finding a spot to turn into a blob at that point. IIRC Their intention was to rebuild the engine for a blob engine gimmick, but I told them to hurry it up. As the blob was forming all of of security decided to cryo at around the same time. An event I wasn't expecting nor had control over. Thus blob with zero security when there was previously a full sec team. Blob eventually wins.

As for why ERT wasn't sent by me. I never saw the CC messages requesting ERT. What I said in Dchat was “don't send ERT without being asked” to the other admin online at the time Arthur as I thought that was what they meant. If I had seen the CC message I would have very much sent ERTs as long as the crew was putting up a good fight and trying. Which they did. The entire crew was involved and it was a good showing of folks responding to a station ending threat.

Onto the xenoround. To be fair I probably shouldn't have bussed a xeno on delta without the alert, but it wasn't a lowpop situation either. We had a decently sized manifest outside of one sec and one head of staff. As for the ERTs there four waves minimum of ERT the initial wave of suicide assistants with flamers. And three Blue Alert ERTs given access to the armory. The lack of ghosts taking said ERT roles was an issue I should have accounted for but even with xeno spawns taking ghosts Dchat was very active in talking about the rounds and how an ERT was needed. None took the call outside of the first two waves. I'll own up to the xenos, but I can't be responsible for folks not wanting to click yes on ERTs as that is one of the few tools I have access to that isn't directly deleting xenos or spawning in mechs to the crew.

Long post I know, but wanted to get my intentions and perspectives about the shifts in question. I should have pestered the antags more to actually impact the shifts, but I'm also going to make sure folks beware obvious GBJ antics. Xenos I'll own though for sure.

LeonDuvall

Post by LeonDuvall »

Your reasonings are fine and sound, though I would genuinely just ask you to be more careful in the future as is the main goal of filing of this complaint. The actual primary issue I have with it is that the bussing of round-ending chaotic events happened two rounds straight, especially due to the entire station trying to mount an eventually failed defense against a blob, flowing into another even more chaotic round.

LeonDuvall

Post by LeonDuvall »

As the initial poster of this complaint, would it be possible to request this moved to resolved?

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

Yeah no problem, I can move it.