[MAIN] Blue Wildrose

timothyteakettle

[MAIN] Blue Wildrose

Post by timothyteakettle »

Byond Name: Blue Wildrose
Your Byond Name: timothytea
Date: 06/09/2021
RID: 28265

Blue, as a ghost, logged in as an admin, saw me and another player in the maint bar and sent the following message: (attached to this post), while a space dragon in maintenance nearby was attacking the station.

They then proceeded to spawn in as a carp (through the random spawns created by the space dragon specifically with the spawn message of "You have arrived in order to assist the space dragon with securing the rifts. Do not jeopardize the mission, and protect the rifts at all costs!". They ignored this message completely, made a bee-line for me and the other player in the maint bar, and began attacking.

Whatever their personal vendetta is, this isn't fitting behaviour for an admin, ignoring their actual ic goals to attack us because we weren't helping.

The logs for this are also attached, to show they did indeed spawn outside the maint bar, and then run towards us knowing we were inside it.

If you check yourself, you can see that the point where they spawned was not in view of the bar, or any of its windows, (It was in an entirely different room, solar maintenance, meaning they ran purely off knowledge they had as a ghost.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (23.85 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.54 KiB) Viewed 4467 times

nope

Re: [MAIN] Blue Wildrose

Post by nope »

Come on; lets be completely real here; no one ACTUALLY listens to that message; that's why I don't play space carp during the dragon shit.

DJKouta

Post by DJKouta »

Being the other player in question, I was really unsure what Blue attempted to accomplish here. Two players sharing a scene with no weaponry on them at all against a Space Dragon. And then doing this directly, as if this somehow "fixes" the situation that they were unhappy of.
Citadel Station Main - Event Manager
I run events, sometimes they are fun.

Mr. Honkers - GLACIER
Most Clown Hours on Main - Yes I'm proud of that.
Have a chicken pie recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9dKbTpanQ

nope

Post by nope »

Blue was trying to shut the power off; you should do as much damage to the station as you can as an ANTAGONIST!

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

I'm not going to lie that I had an issue with the whole situation that was going on there. It tested at one of my personal opinions where round participants should at least participate in some way, even as just an assistant where generally not much is expected of them. Threats will pop up, and they can affect people from a minor venting issue, a power loss, holes in the station, plasma fires everywhere, to a straight up round-end.

Space Dragons - like blobs, nuke ops, cultists, clock cultists, revolutionaries, (possibly) traitor AIs and so forth are round ending threats to the station, many of which ICly impact characters in that round as well. They are also chaotic in nature, are destructive, and generally gives people a bad time. Some of these gamemodes and events scale up with readied up player amount, especially notably the amount of nuke ops, roundstart cultists and headrevs that spawn. In the past, I've seen moments where when war ops had been declared, and half of the station ends up either cryoing, running off to lavaland, or running to the gateway where the nuke won't hit. They were readied up and were around roundstart, and influenced how many nuke operatives were around to begin with. Sure this could be balanced the other way, where latejoiners could make up for those who ragequit at such an event, but that usually only makes up for about 25% of those around. As mentioned, the nuke ops scale with crew amount at roundstart - so the more crew there is at roundstart, the more nuke operatives that come as a counterbalance. So when people cryo away or choose not to participate especially in those 25-40 minute short rounds, what would you do - just take away from the nukies there to maintain balance? There really isn't an easy solution to that problem of imbalance without taking away from the antags in this scenario, which would lead to their own problems. It's purely a player issue. In the case of space dragons and similar round-ending events like the blob, they don't spawn at all unless there is a decently sized crew count - which indeed, is a reminder that it does take into account the number of characters that are alive on the station, which would imply that individuals should try to get involved in some way, even if it takes some time to prepare from where they began from. To be a participant in the ghost cafe would have been a better alternative for those who had chosen to be in the round when they just wanted to relax.

When I saw that scene at the maint bar, parked very close to where a space dragon was setting up a portal near the solars, I was reminded of those incidents where players had previously rejected those chaotic rounds in their own way and as a result, there was little to no contest against the threat at hand... where people had forgotten that SS13 also includes action, drama, and conflict with its roleplay environment. I indeed acted irrationally for this situation, and likely did not handle things as well as I could have as a space carp, and certainly let my opinions rule over the intended IC behavior in that scenario. My intent as predicted by Timothy was correct, and I'm willing to - and will admit I'm in the wrong there. Sabotage could've been a greater motivator there than direct attack if anything in that scenario.

With all that said, I apologize and am willing to undergo whatever punishment if anything that comes around as a result of what I did here.

DJKouta

Post by DJKouta »

Blubelle wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:23 pm
Space Dragons - like blobs, nuke ops, cultists, clock cultists,
(...)
the ghost cafe would have been a better alternative for those who had chosen to be in the round when they just wanted to relax.
I personally don't see how all of this has anything to do with the situation at hand, other than "These people didn't play the game the way I want them to", solidified by the smug LOOC message.
Blubelle wrote:
When I saw that scene at the maint bar, parked very close to where a space dragon was setting up a portal near the solars, I was reminded of those incidents where players had previously rejected those chaotic rounds in their own way and as a result, there was little to no contest against the threat at hand...
I would understand this point more if a large chunk of the station didn't rush to the armoury the second the announcement happened. There was plenty of contest against the threat, and two unarmed civilians sharing a scene aren't going to provide the confrontation you're looking for.
Citadel Station Main - Event Manager
I run events, sometimes they are fun.

Mr. Honkers - GLACIER
Most Clown Hours on Main - Yes I'm proud of that.
Have a chicken pie recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9dKbTpanQ

nope

Post by nope »

Blubelle wrote:
I'm not going to lie that I had an issue with the whole situation that was going on there. It tested at one of my personal opinions where round participants should at least participate in some way, even as just an assistant where generally not much is expected of them. Threats will pop up, and they can affect people from a minor venting issue, a power loss, holes in the station, plasma fires everywhere, to a straight up round-end.

Space Dragons - like blobs, nuke ops, cultists, clock cultists, revolutionaries, (possibly) traitor AIs and so forth are round ending threats to the station, many of which ICly impact characters in that round as well. They are also chaotic in nature, are destructive, and generally gives people a bad time. Some of these gamemodes and events scale up with readied up player amount, especially notably the amount of nuke ops, roundstart cultists and headrevs that spawn. In the past, I've seen moments where when war ops had been declared, and half of the station ends up either cryoing, running off to lavaland, or running to the gateway where the nuke won't hit. They were readied up and were around roundstart, and influenced how many nuke operatives were around to begin with. Sure this could be balanced the other way, where latejoiners could make up for those who ragequit at such an event, but that usually only makes up for about 25% of those around. As mentioned, the nuke ops scale with crew amount at roundstart - so the more crew there is at roundstart, the more nuke operatives that come as a counterbalance. So when people cryo away or choose not to participate especially in those 25-40 minute short rounds, what would you do - just take away from the nukies there to maintain balance? There really isn't an easy solution to that problem of imbalance without taking away from the antags in this scenario, which would lead to their own problems. It's purely a player issue. In the case of space dragons and similar round-ending events like the blob, they don't spawn at all unless there is a decently sized crew count - which indeed, is a reminder that it does take into account the number of characters that are alive on the station, which would imply that individuals should try to get involved in some way, even if it takes some time to prepare from where they began from. To be a participant in the ghost cafe would have been a better alternative for those who had chosen to be in the round when they just wanted to relax.

When I saw that scene at the maint bar, parked very close to where a space dragon was setting up a portal near the solars, I was reminded of those incidents where players had previously rejected those chaotic rounds in their own way and as a result, there was little to no contest against the threat at hand... where people had forgotten that SS13 also includes action, drama, and conflict with its roleplay environment. I indeed acted irrationally for this situation, and likely did not handle things as well as I could have as a space carp, and certainly let my opinions rule over the intended IC behavior in that scenario. My intent as predicted by Timothy was correct, and I'm willing to - and will admit I'm in the wrong there. Sabotage could've been a greater motivator there than direct attack if anything in that scenario.

With all that said, I apologize and am willing to undergo whatever punishment if anything that comes around as a result of what I did here.
Personally, I don't think you deserve punishment in this matter; everyone makes mistakes but it doesn't mean they need to get punished for one thing they do.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

This is a pretty clear ooc in IC abuse, using knowledge from ghosting in round to beeline straight for someone doing something you didn't like. Not great.
And IRT 'nope' - yeah you're right. People make mistakes. But ones as basic and silly as this, which is so clearly and obviously a breakage of a pretty important rule is worth punishment. Especially if the person doing it is staff, and not even particularly new staff. "Mistakes happen" works for minor offenses and normal players but moderate offenses from staff are another league. I'm not even sure why some uninvolved rando is even in this thread.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

i haven't even looked at this in its entirety but
advisorman if that's you or whoever it is if it isn't whoever nope is get out you are not involved we don't need you peanutposting here.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Yeah this whole situation sure isn't something I'd expect to see, not from a staff for sure.

I understand your point of you being tired of passive players ignoring round ending threats, yet I do not think that excuse the blatant metagame you did from the information obtained as a ghost while observing. And even from that point... most people on the server enjoy sitting down with someone to roleplay for an hour, even you know that. People shouldn't be forced to go to the Ghost Cafe if they just wanna hang out and relax for a round, especially as assistants in the maint bar. In no such way one should break a rule to 'Teach them a lesson.'' It's just unfortunate to see a fellow staff do such a thing.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see that you already acknowledged your mistake, but please don't try to blame it on them for Rping, they didn't deserve getting metagamed/beelined just for that.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.