[Discord] .357 False and unjustified Discord banning.

Captain277

Re: [Discord] .357 False and unjustified Discord banning.

Post by Captain277 »

I never would have guessed that someone who isn't a member of the community and only joined the forum eight days ago was here on behalf of the complainant.

Although it's blatantly obvious, I do appreciate you disclosing it, since it serves to reinforce the exact point Bhjin was making about this issue. There are no weird "vibes". There's a line of suspicious circumstances that brought us to this point - one that is easy to identify. Regardless of how much convenient deniability it's shrouded in, regardless of whether it was directly encouraged or not, the source of the incident is apparent, and the Administration clearly feels it's enough to bar the complainant from the community.

I have zero faith in your neutrality. I am immensely unimpressed with the implication behind the paper-thin "what if people just walk by and see this silly, innocent mistake? that'll be a really big yikes ouchies look on you guys" concern trolling as well. There is no negotiation needed here, because there is nothing that would cause the outcome to change. The conclusions that have been drawn weren't overturned by new evidence because, again, the deniability isn't plausible.

I'd close this complaint, but since there's a Host involved and there's potentially more input from other Staff to be had, I won't do that.

Smdytb1

Post by Smdytb1 »

Captain277 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 am
I never would have guessed that someone who isn't a member of the community and only joined the forum eight days ago was here on behalf of the complainant.

Although it's blatantly obvious, I do appreciate you disclosing it, since it serves to reinforce the exact point Bhjin was making about this issue. There are no weird "vibes". There's a line of suspicious circumstances that brought us to this point - one that is easy to identify. Regardless of how much convenient deniability it's shrouded in, regardless of whether it was directly encouraged or not, the source of the incident is apparent, and the Administration clearly feels it's enough to bar the complainant from the community.

I have zero faith in your neutrality. I am immensely unimpressed with the implication behind the paper-thin "what if people just walk by and see this silly, innocent mistake? that'll be a really big yikes ouchies look on you guys" concern trolling as well. There is no negotiation needed here, because there is nothing that would cause the outcome to change. The conclusions that have been drawn weren't overturned by new evidence because, again, the deniability isn't plausible.

I'd close this complaint, but since there's a Host involved and there's potentially more input from other Staff to be had, I won't do that.
"concern trolling" well that's certainly rude. assuming what my intentions are. I originally made this account so I could vouch for players who asked.
I'm going to send you my discord discrim in your forum private messages since clearly Im going to need more context before continuing.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

Is this thread still open.

Yeah apologies it took this long for me to respond but

Hey

The circumstances of the ban are cloudy, yes. I personally heard about it after the fact and went ahead to ask the person who posted the screenshots who's involved for recordkeeping. After the fact.

Regardless I'm gonna say
Anyone with this history who manages to continue to be a consistent problem by being in the server even if you don't seem to be instigating it in an obvious manner is not someone I want here for quality control reasons.
The current circumstances surrounding this entire situation has made me pretty much sure this will be the best for most involved and our community in the long term.
I appreciate that an attempt was made to clear your active bans, not many do that. I also doubt wherever you play in the future will particularly care about a dumb ban from citadel.

With all said, the appeal is denied and this complaint is resolved, after consultation with bhijn and a few admins. Take care.