Everything complaint

j'Taji

Everything complaint

Post by j'Taji »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Could not recall. This is mostly about the game.

Your BYOND name: BurgerBB

Date of issue and round ID: 9284

Reason for complaint:

I don't even know where to really begin or even how to begin without sounding like a big baby but damn we just experienced a terrible round. It was a changeling secret round but it was treated like extended as it went on for 2 and a half hours. The changelings have taken over the entirety of security while everyone else is either clueless, powerless, mining, or erping.

The thing I'm salty about is how long it actually took to take care of me. If a changeling was in character they would've killed me after my second resurrection given how I accurately called out each changeling, but for reasons that felt like hatred more than rp they're extending the game as long as possible. That was really apparent when a security ling handcuffed me and dragged me around the brig in a dance-like pattern for a good 5-10 minutes while no one questioned it. The salt to my already salted wounds is that they some of the lings started erping afterwards or asking for more objectives when everyone that could stop them was dead.

Closest thing to breaking the rules is this, under antagonist rules.

Remember that your role is meant to make things interesting. Don’t use it as an excuse to grief or fulfil your personal bloodlust for death and destruction (unless it fits your objectives, of course).
The stuff I mentioned happening to me feels like griefing, and everything else doesn't make the game interesting at all when you're spending the last hour of the game erping or messing around with the cyborg laws when your objectives have nothing to do with any of that. I'm not against fucking around, but when you've clearly won the round it's probably best to end it as soon as possible especially when there is no one to stop you.

Kenzie

RE: Everything complaint

Post by Kenzie »

well did they kill everyone or just security? if they killed everyone it would be kinda shitty, if they just killed security and then did nothing else i would consider that acceptable. the tempo of the round is kinda hard to easily divine from logs.
ex-headmin

j'Taji

Post by j'Taji »

Kenzie wrote: well did they kill everyone or just security? if they killed everyone it would be kinda shitty, if they just killed security and then did nothing else i would consider that acceptable. the tempo of the round is kinda hard to easily divine from logs.
I couldn't say who they killed or didn't killed as I don't know who many people were killed, but they took over security and stopped doing things after that. Only people left alive I think were the people who were erping and the changelings which made the round drag on.

Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

Well, to this issue, i'd say that they ARE antags and they are just responding in kind to, well, being antagonised.

If an antag wants to play with you or even torture you because you called them out or ruined something, then you kinda gotta expect that to happen. Unless you REALLY don't want it and tell them ooc that you're not interested, but even then you can just accept that you lost and ghost. At the end of the day this is a Med-RP server, so RP is going to happen.

Antags are always going to be against security, because the point of security is to stop them, so naturally they are going to go after sec first.

There's no rule saying an antag can't ERP, either.

An antag's objectives don't bind it to only performing acts beneficial to those objectives. There are many, many reasons why they might want to do something else, kill someone else, or cause damage to the station. For example, major damage makes for a very good distraction.

The rules are more there to stop an antag literally just murdering people who have had absolutely ZERO involvement. A non target harmlessly doing botany getting murdered would be questioned. Breaking into dorms and killing non target ERPers would be questioned. killing non target sec is understandable. Killing non-target scientists armed with AEGs would be understandable.

tl;dr Antags don't have to do only their objectives. they can do other stuff as long as it's not blatantly griff. Reacting to people calling them out/combatting them is not griff - and if they wanna make it evil, well.

War is hell.