[DeltaFire] Von_Carstein - Dumb Note Appeal

Post by Von Carstein »

Post contents:
BYOND account and character name:Von Carstein

Banning admin:DeltaFire

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long):
Ban reason: Too cool for rules.

Your side of the story:
This was back when the lewd female captain outfit was first added, the one that is effectively just some dumb bimbo bodysuit, so I gave it to my resident metabuddy when they asked me politely along with some gloves.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
So I was the actual captain and it didn't violate the rules because I was the actual captain, not acting captain.

Kevinz has informed me I have infact been fooled by lizard saboteurs :/ Damn I was thinking there is a rule against the captain ever handing out his stuff this entire point up outside of emergencies until now.

Trojan_Coyote

Re: [DeltaFire] Von_Carstein - Dumb Note Appeal

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Honestly I support this, kinda... a weird note to begin with.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

The ruling we've got now is that there's some leeway for a Head of Staff or captain to hand out or trade some their stuff.

For example, if someone pulls a downed Captain to safety from a traitor blasting a revolver and they ask for a reward, it would be fine to toss them some small bit apparel, like the funny gloves or funky hat. As another example, if someone is spending their shift with someone who has signed up as a Head of Staff, it's not a huge deal if they end up wearing a special beret or a winter coat during the course of the shift. However, if stuff ends up as freebies tossed to their metabuddy repeatedly or someone ends up fully decked out in Head of Staff swag just because a person they're textfucking signed up for the job, that's veering into obnoxious metafriending/powergaming and ends up being a problem.

As it pertains to this case, handing out the gloves still seems a bit iffy, but it sounds sort of like a one-off case related to the new outfit. I would be down to remove the note as long you know that while you can hand some stuff out, you shouldn't be doing it too freely.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Metabuddying is on my list of bad things and I think the note should stay, since it was in violation of the rules-as-written at the time of the offence. Notes exist to catalogue behavior, not as a laundry list of Bad Boy Points or Social Karma like we live in The People's Republic. It might be an unpopular opinion, but the notes are partially there to give admins insight into a person's behavior- whether they're willing to bend or ignore the rules, as case may be, or if they have a history of toeing the line. I happen to like Von but I think this note should stay, based on the pretense of what a note is, alone. I generally don't think they should be purged unless they are completely and utterly irrelevant (STOLE CAKE FROM THE CHEF) or factually incorrect. (Like that mega salty note I put on that one Tunafish person)

Edit: If you were the actual captain, that probably means it's factually incorrect. Reading comprehension score for this post: 1/10
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Right, it's been long enough. Moving this one over to Approved.