(Unknown) SnowDragon01 - Community {Updated}

Flop

(Unknown) SnowDragon01 - Community {Updated}

Post by Flop »

BYOND account and character name: I no longer have access to the original accounts associated with the server.

Banning admin: Thomas something.

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Community.

Ban reason: Quality control ban. Official reason was a rule break.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

My ban was due to me being a toxic player in the community. I am sorry, at times I ruined the fun for others and made many mad. I was not kind everyone in the community and I should have been.

Why should I be unbanned? Time can change a lot of things. People can change with time and personally I don't believe it worthwhile to keep grudges. Our time on this earth is short, I want to love everyone while I am still here and not divide. As for me, I have changed in a few ways.

In the past I have been struggling with a few things. Depression, a mental disorder and at times I wanted to be dead. I also had an unhealthy relationship with a family member. Some of these problems still plague me but not to the same degree

I no longer wish to take my own life and the relationship with that family member was healed. Depression has been improved but the mental disorder is still there. I no longer wish to ruin the experiences of others and just want to get along with everyone. I know it's hard to believe someone just off their word but I don't have much else to offer.

In general I have not played space station 13 for a long time now. I have not found a server that I enjoyed other than Citadel's main server. I am waiting for ss14 or unity station currently.

I just hope those who know me can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

As for the rule break in question? Yeah, I stole a laser from the armory. I barely escaped with my life from a geneticist and his power to turn others into monkeys. I was a monkey for the bit and they tried to rally the crew to kill me (nobody listened.) Yeah, I shot them. I don't see this as a problem to this day. As I said, it was probably just an excuse to ban a toxic player, me.

zI-H482

Re: (Unknown) SnowDragon01 - Community {Updated}

Post by zI-H482 »

There's a few things I need to clarify before really diving into the appeal. For one, the banning admin was RogueSteampunker while Thomas Garou was the geneticist in question. They are very different people. As well, Quality Control bans are labelled as such when they're handed out. They're a ban of last resort, and usually very difficult to appeal because they're not tied to any specific thing.

Instead of a QC ban, what you have is a regular permanent ban on the server. The ban was placed because you broke into the armory to get a gun to kill the Geneticist without talking to security while there was a near roundstart HoS. During the ahelp, you said the HoS didn't seem to care but you also didn't talk to them before doing the break-in. It's worth clarifying, we did not take issue with trying to kill the Geneticist; it's fine to valid someone for turning you into a monkey. However, just because it's fine to kill them doesn't mean every way to kill them is fine. To toss out the quintessential example of what I mean, using a TTV to blow the Geneticist up at their workplace would be over-escalation. In the same vein, we felt that breaking into the armory while security existed without asking/interacting with them any was too far.

What made this a permanent ban was both a history over-escalation and also how you comported yourself in the ahelp. Now, some of the history referenced was pretty old at the time and stuff like that usually doesn't lead to a permanent ban. However, you ended that ahelp with one of my staff on a very sour and aggressive note. That's something we definitely don't want happening again.

So far, does everything jive?

Flop

Post by Flop »

zI-H482 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:21 pm
There's a few things I need to clarify before really diving into the appeal. For one, the banning admin was RogueSteampunker while Thomas Garou was the geneticist in question. They are very different people. As well, Quality Control bans are labelled as such when they're handed out. They're a ban of last resort, and usually very difficult to appeal because they're not tied to any specific thing.

Instead of a QC ban, what you have is a regular permanent ban on the server. The ban was placed because you broke into the armory to get a gun to kill the Geneticist without talking to security while there was a near roundstart HoS. During the ahelp, you said the HoS didn't seem to care but you also didn't talk to them before doing the break-in. It's worth clarifying, we did not take issue with trying to kill the Geneticist; it's fine to valid someone for turning you into a monkey. However, just because it's fine to kill them doesn't mean every way to kill them is fine. To toss out the quintessential example of what I mean, using a TTV to blow the Geneticist up at their workplace would be over-escalation. In the same vein, we felt that breaking into the armory while security existed without asking/interacting with them any was too far.

What made this a permanent ban was both a history over-escalation and also how you comported yourself in the ahelp. Now, some of the history referenced was pretty old at the time and stuff like that usually doesn't lead to a permanent ban. However, you ended that ahelp with one of my staff on a very sour and aggressive note. That's something we definitely don't want happening again.

So far, does everything jive?
It's been a long time since this happened so there will be some details that get lost as memory ages. Yeah, this seems to be correct. I thought maybe it was secretly a QC ban in disguise but perhaps that was overthinking it.

For breaking into the armory I am able to absolutely see how that is not desirable as a non antagonist. Perhaps even breaking into cargo would be a stretch but it would have been far better than this. I got way into the character.. and I felt he would have done it so I did it.... I regret it.

As for my response during and after the ticket, I don't remember what was said but I am sorry for saying it. I should have never said it and I feel absolutely terrible. This is not an excuse but explains my actions. I felt as if most of the staff team hated me. I also had a few friends that I met from this server and they all reinforced the idea that the staff team targets those they don't like. I felt I was one of them for some, but that does not excuse my actions.

Hey look, I know nobody wants a repeat of what happened and I understand that. I totally understand if nobody wants to revoke the ban. I am asking that if anybody is able to forgive me that they do so and let me back in.

Flop

Post by Flop »

Part two, read above first.

I don't know if this belongs here but I also remember some misunderstandings that led to notes and even one time a ban. I am kind of laughing and it reminds me why I thought the staff were out to get me.

One round I think that I got noted for this, don't remember. Basically I arrested someone that I had no memory of and refused to let them pay a ticket. Got a note of it. Later I find out (I don't remember when) that the staff thought I was metagrudging. Nope. I legit didn't know who the player was.

Got a note over something I myself reported. This was a long time ago, long before this. Basically I found something cool in space as a cyborg and was super excited. I found someone in a space suit and asked them to get in the mass driver cannon. I was really excited... they were not. They thought I was trying to space them. Nope. I just wanted a friend to show it to and they destroyed me. I reported myself here lol.

I remember once there was a revolution and so I was defending the brig. The quartermaster came into the brig and I detained them. I had no idea that they were the quartermaster and freed them when I discovered that. They demoted me, threw me out of the brig and I think I got perma banned for meta grudging. No, lol. I thought they were a revolutionary at first.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

You seem to be making a pretty sincere apology and acknowledging that you did wrong does count for a fair bit. That, coupled with it having been a year and a few months, has me being pretty positive on this appeal. However, while Main's a pretty quiet place these days, we would still be expecting you to avoid those sorts of flare-ups that we saw in the past.

There's one additional matter on we should go over briefly too. You do have a Discord ban in place that was given shortly after the server ban. You mass-pinged a bunch of staff with a complaint that was more of a rant. Now, there's not a tremendous amount to cover about this incident as long you also understand that we don't want a repeat of that either.

Flop

Post by Flop »

I was expecting to be told that my appeal is denied.

Yeah, I probably just needed to grow up more. They do say men mature slower than women. 24-25 is about the age that I heard. Getting a full time job really helped and now I want to start a family (if I ever meet the right one.)
Uh, I kind of just want to blend into the shadows a bit, at least compared to what I once was. Just chill and chat.

If you do approve this appeal then I do ask that you keep my old account banned. I have no access to it anymore and I don't need someone claiming to be me to get onto it and cause mayhem.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

If that's the case, and you don't wish to use your old account anymore, I'll need you to tell me what is the new ckey you're using.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Alright, the ckey was relayed elsewhere.

The appeal is approved.