[SectoidDan] Note Appeal - GrayRachnid

GrayRachnid

[SectoidDan] Note Appeal - GrayRachnid

Post by GrayRachnid »

Post contents:
BYOND account and character name: GrayRachnid - Gary Slab Bulkhead

Noting admin: SectoidDan

Note:In a prior round, broke into engineering early in the round to steal a toolbelt and gloves. Also broke into xenobio for red slime extract, and medbay. Got into an altercation with a chemist who bumped him while he was trying to uncuff himself after he was caught hacking medbay's doors. Responded in a completely inappropriate way, by sabotaging chemistry's APC and attacking the chemist and the officer who arrested him with bolas. On notice for greytiding and stealing things, and instigating fights then escalating them inappropriately.

Your side of the story: The admin paraphrases anything pretty well, though I disagree with labeling my sabotage as inappropriate and labeling my bola throwing as 'attacks'.

Why you think you should be unnoted: First of all, I do not disagree with the note. I disagree with the severity attached to the note. Image This should not be a 'maximum' severity note. This is my opinion but what I did in regards to the chemist and security officer was purely reactionary. Bolas can be removed in about 10 seconds while the cuffs took me about? 4 minutes to remove because the chemist interrupted me twice. I barely inconvenienced the sec officer and the chemist for a minute or even less when I threw bolas at them. The sec officer didn't chase me while the Chemist did, so the chemist was chasing me on his own time. I sabotaged his workplace because he was a dick, it started with a simple cut wire which any engineer or borg could have fixed, it only escalated to a disabled APC after he had chased me and threw my bolas at me, proving that he agrees to battle. He could have left it at the cut wire at my payback but he chose to continue the war.

Second of all, there is nothing in the rules against breaking into areas and taking items that nobody finds important. The scientist wanted to give me the speed potion but was too busy. Engineering toolbelt and vending machine premium insulated gloves is never used by the engis/atmos techs. You can't tell me I was breaking the powergaming rule either because I can point out a few other admins and high-profile players that do just the same. This issue is being dealt with reactively instead of proactively. If you want people to stop this, then enforce it harder.

Third, both breaking in to xeno for the speed potion and into medbay had a purpose. I went for the speed potion so I can apply it to my clown shoes during a xeno threat. I was breaking into medbay to get a biohood in order to avoid getting facehugged during a xeno threat. Both of these were discouraged by Sectoid and I was told to just 'take my shoes off'. Hopefully I don't have to explain how disheartening it is to be told to remove my clown shoes for my life instead of opting for a speed potion. Of course i'm going to remove my shoes if I need to flee for my life, but I also would prefer to keep them on because I am having fun. I'm trying to enjoy the game. You may not be able to relate, but going around as a clown chaplain is pretty fun, and I wanted to keep my clown shoes on while I was playing this character.

When I play Gary Slab Bulkhead, I do some pretty punishable things by IC standard, but I am never out to ruin someone's day or someone's game. I only react to people and I never instigate fights.

Keep the note if you want, but please lower the severity though I would prefer if it was removed.

Here's a general discussion thread so we can reach a consensus on this issue.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3253&p=12509

Also, I don't mind if players post here with their own experiences, and i'd really appreciate if more than 2 admins and a headmin reply then close the thread.

ForrestWick

Re: [SectoidDan] Note Appeal - GrayRachnid

Post by ForrestWick »

To be honest I only ahelp people breaking into engi to steal shit because I was told by an admin it should be ahelped and because it is annoying when they dont just ask cause I.try to be reasonable.

Apparently that ruling was based off rp rules and not main rules though so I'll be stopping that and just shoving people if they break in. I don't call sec because they'll brig the person for 10-15 minutes over that kinda shit

HazelBailey

Re: [SectoidDan] Note Appeal - GrayRachnid

Post by HazelBailey »

Your last appeal with the same reason for appeal was denied because appealing the severity of a note is asinine. I'm going to be moving this to denied for the same reason.