[Buffalowing] cIandestine - ban appeal

cIandestine

[Buffalowing] cIandestine - ban appeal

Post by cIandestine »

BYOND account and character name: Ciandestine | Pepper Kovacs

Banning admin: Buffalowing

Ban type/duration: "QC" permaban

Ban reason: Griefing plasmaflood

Your side of the story: I was working Botany and towards the end of the shift I made some plasma wheat that made lots of plasma show up when I squashed it. I then made plasma foam with my plants because why not and kept using them in Botany until it was flooded with plasma. I opened the windoors to Botany once the evacuation shuttle left the station which resulted in tons of plasma flooding out, and promptly after I was permabanned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't griefing and only opened the windoors once I saw that the evacuation shuttle left the station. I think anyone could see that I easily could've released it much sooner AND ignited it to grief. I wanted to see how far the plasma would flood, but only when I knew there would be very little crew present onboard. Sadly I ended up losing connection and couldn't see the extend at which it went, and the instant ban prevented that anyways.

buffalowing

Re: [Buffalowing] cIandestine - ban appeal

Post by buffalowing »

Putnam and I watched you for nearly the entire duration of that round try to ignite the plasma you had created multiple times. Ignoring the fact that you and your metafriend were deliberately harvesting this wheat to smash it to get as much plasma as possible to maximize your impact. When bombing didn't work, you resorted to oldschool plasmaflood. We placed both visible AND invisible tiny fans in each doorway and outside of the doorway to prevent this very excuse of trying to play it off like you merely opened the door, or that someone else opened the door. You both smashed the visible tiny fans that you could see, then broke one of the turf windows to let it flood the station when opening the door didn't let the plasma out (due to the remaining invisible tiny fans). Considering you're known to other servers for doing this exact behavior, and your low number of hours, we agreed you were unfit.

Coming into this appeals board and feigning ignorance is not the play. You know what you were doing. We know what you were doing.

cIandestine

Post by cIandestine »

Since you have the details and logs, can you please show me where I am "attempting to ignite the plasma"? I had a welder and an igniter on-hand, and the welder I have used to heat beakers containing oil to make ash for plants. It even ran out so I went to refuel over at Atmos. I'm pretty sure igniting plasma in a beaker in an oxygenated area might even cause an explosion. I don't really have any reason to lie about anything or "feign" ignorance, I'm being very deliberate. I had already mentioned that I opened the windoors, because that was the only way to let out the plasma since the door got bolted. Not once in that round did I ever try to ignite that, considering with how much I had squashed/harvested the wheat, the flood + igniting could have been done way sooner. It is as you are claiming- the way to grief here is plasmaflood and ignite. Neither I did, and it most certainly wasn't because I was banned swiftly. There is no question that I had intended to let the plasma out of my department hence why I broke the fans, but I only did so when the evac shuttle departed so that no one got hurt or caught up in shenanigan. There was a good amount of time after breaking the tiny fans that I could've let out the gas and ignited.

Also adding this in, if several times I was "trying to ignite" the plasma, then technically I was trying many times to ignite an isolated fire and kill myself. Truly don't get the accusation regarding me trying to ignite plasma, like that's hard to do lol.
Last edited by cIandestine on Sat May 01, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

Plasmaflood is plasmaflood. The only reason it wasn't released before the shuttle departed was because of our tiny fans. You were actively trying to ignite and bomb with it, and when that didn't work, release it before the shuttle left. There is no universe where what you did is not griefing.

cIandestine

Post by cIandestine »

IIRC, I saw a borg (you?) slap down those fans, and those were preventative and I completely get that. Using the placement of fans and labelling it as "preventing your griefing" is simply subjective, considering even before such was done, I could have just easily released it by any other means; kitchen, maintenance, simply earlier, you name it. Right after destroying those fans and opening it, I literally could've ignited there, thus proving your "preventative measures" to be pointless.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I don't think you were actually trying to set the plasma on fire in botany at any point, just over-filling it to a ludicrous degree.

It wouldn't be an isolated fire, heat goes through windows.

Dunno who the borg was. I figured it was for grief as soon as one of you broke the fans yourselves. Just to confirm, I set up another fan (via admeme stuff), this one invisible, necessitating slightly out-of-the-way behavior to get the flood correctly, e.g. trying to break down the window. Immediately one of you tried breaking down the window, which I figured confirmed it. I was willing to intervene in this way because plasma floods are annoying. I can't be too mad about this one because it's the most original (only original?) method of doing so I've ever seen, but yeah, we're jumpy about these things.

EORG happens when the round ends, no sooner. You flooded as soon as the shuttle left, but frankly, I didn't even notice that (though it does sound right), all I noticed was that you did it before round end, which is bad.

cIandestine

Post by cIandestine »

Okay, and that is completely valid to think such. I never intended to ignite it and grief crew, and at bare minimum wanted to communicate that point across as best as I could. Yeah it wasn't okay, but I figured with quite literally 2 more minutes left of the round, and hardly anyone on board station, that the offense committed wouldn't warrant a permaban. It just confused me when the other admin kept saying I was trying several times to ignite it over the course of around 15-20 minutes. I would have appreciated a bwoink during that entire duration of time, and not two Central Command announcement about the amount of mols in Botany. I honestly figured that people + admins were watching and amused/curious about how I was doing what I did. That being said, I appreciate your understanding @Putnam and do hope that this offense could be lifted, as it wasn't a "round ruining" event IMO.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I was amused/curious, and I didn't see anything that wasn't, like. eminently fixable by just setting the air alarm, so the most I did was send a subtle message saying "what the fuck are you doing" to one of you.

cIandestine

Post by cIandestine »

Well I definitely didn't get the subtle message, not that I can remember. Glad it amused you, and I hope to move forward from this.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I'm for lifting this, under the condition you don't, uh, make easy instant monstermos plasmaflood situations as non-antag again. Not literally specifically that, but that entire class of "EORG which would break shit if anything goes wrong even in the slightest", or really basically any sort of sabotage thereof (as non-antag)