[Captain] XenosTiger- HRP ban for powergaming

Nynga

[Captain] XenosTiger- HRP ban for powergaming

Post by Nynga »

Byond account name: XenosTiger Character name: Rhalli Lilliq
Banning admin: Captain
Ban type: HRP Permaban
Ban reason: you, or another user of this computer or connection (xenostiger) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: This is a quality control ban. User has demonstrated a consistent pattern of Mary Sue behavior, including godmodding characters, multiple violations of server rule 3, and violations of lesser rules re: swapping multiple characters based on round relevance in an attempt to remain the "main character" of the round. It is the oponion of the staff team that the user's influence harms the setting and that they are unwilling to change. User has accrued at least one disciplinary note per month for the year related to these concerns. You may appeal this ban with a vouch from another Roleplay server. This ban was applied by captain277 on 2021-06-27 04:19:22

My side: Guilty as charged. As it turns out, using a decade-old GM character from a high-fantasy RP setting in an HRP Sci-fi server wasn't the best of ideas! I've spent a while reflecting on this, and realized that the problems were mostly absent with Rhalli- who was designed in SS13, FOR ss13. I often allude to her "Colony", which is because for some reason I really like having characters in games, like Rimworld in this case- but if I need to cut it out, I will.
I've also decided to just... get rid of the powergaming characters. That way, there's no temptation to try to sneak magic into the server. Just good ol' Rhalli. And Kiva and OMEGA, who came from Aurorastation, so I'm hoping they'll be fine here. A PMC contractor looking for a steadier stream of income, and a heavy-duty industrial robot trying to figure out how humans work.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: [Captain] XenosTiger- HRP ban for powergaming

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello, XenosTiger,

If your 'ban reason' is correct, then you need a vouch from another HRP server before we can do anything regarding your case just yet. In the mean time, I feel it at least a little bit applicable to remind you that the Citadel HRP server does not condone Mary-Sue cases, God-modding, or Power gaming. In the meantime, between from when you read this to when the banning admin gets back to you, I suggest reworking your characters in order to avoid possible future rule breaches.

Also, if memory serves, wasn't 'Rhalli' literally a princess or something? I seem to vaguely remember something along the lines of Rhalli and another one of your characters being 'related' and that they're 'royalty'? I also remember we've had to get onto you quite a bit for this and honestly you'd think after several times of hearing 'hey please tone down the GM/Mary-Sue stuff please' you'd uh, you know. Not do that anymore and change it. Only bringing this up due to the fact that you said she was "designed in SS13 for SS13", and I don't know where it's applicable for someone to be overt royalty. It just comes off as wading through more Mary-sue archetypes to me. That's just my take, though. It's not really much of one because I'm neither the banning admin nor your personal character backstory okay-er.

As well as this, the 'main character' of the round remark is very valid in your case as we've seen you try to do things that show that you're interested in having all eyes on your OC as opposed to what's going on that very round. (I.e. constant 'spooky stuff', praying to try and get us to smite you, etc.) and I think you should realize that you can't really have the center of attention at all times. This sort of behavior isn't really acceptable as well and I personally feel it falls under the 'mary-sue' rules as well.

We've also given you several chances to change your behavior. Pending your ban/unban status, if you do get unbanned we really don't wanna have to go through the whole 'please tone it down' x5 motions we've had to go through in order to give you those chances again. Like, we tried telling you flat out some several odd times now to chill with mary-sue and God-modded characters. I feel it's a bit inane that we had to go through with a ban in order to get you to stop, honestly, but I figure you know now not to do this anymore due to having been flat out permbanned for ignoring us and continuing on with the antics.

Bottom line: We want change from you, and we need someone to come in with a vouch to prove that you're not overtly still doing this, and that we can trust you enough to play the game right. I, personally, don't trust unbanning you without some kind of vouch from another server that proves you're not still making Mary Sues, being the center of demanded attention, and making God-modded OC's to RP with. Seriously, you had a note every month for the past year. Again, we don't want some flashy show of 'yeah I'm here, ready to be unbanned'. We wanna see genuine change and the proof that comes with it. Go get a vouch my man, we'll still be here when you come back.

Well wishes,

~Jay

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Taking Jay's well constructed criticism into account, I am still considering adopting a more lenient stance in this particular instance. I'm willing to believe that Xenos has had enough time to process the message, and I have no reason to believe they aren't acting in good faith in that regard. I'm open to lifting this ban without a vouch, under the condition that Xenos be placed under a three month probationary period. During that time, exhibition of the behaviors they were originally banned for will be treated with one warning for the entire probationary period, and restoration of this ban on the second potential offense. So I'll amend my original conditions to accept either a vouch from another HRP server, or a 3 month probationary period.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

Captain277 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:43 am
Taking Jay's well constructed criticism into account, I am still considering adopting a more lenient stance in this particular instance. I'm willing to believe that Xenos has had enough time to process the message, and I have no reason to believe they aren't acting in good faith in that regard. I'm open to lifting this ban without a vouch, under the condition that Xenos be placed under a three month probationary period. During that time, exhibition of the behaviors they were originally banned for will be treated with one warning for the entire probationary period, and restoration of this ban on the second potential offense. So I'll amend my original conditions to accept either a vouch from another HRP server, or a 3 month probationary period.
This is a courtesy quote letting you know that 3 months has passed.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

closing due to time passed