Perma Appeal - Doxdd

Doxdd

Perma Appeal - Doxdd

Post by Doxdd »

BYOND account and character name: Doxdd (now Doxddd) / Asher Clarke

Banning admin: Airinnann

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Perma, main server

Ban reason: Lots of stuff, but the final reason was murderboning as Space Ninja.

Your side of the story: I'm not going to undermine any of my original ban reasons, as they're legitimate in their standing and I was hyper focused on mechanics overall, particularly when it came to clicking spacemen. To help explain away this though and provide context, Citadel was my first server I really sank my teeth into when I was first getting into SS13. The actual game mechanics felt like a breath of fresh air with the roleplay feeling like a backdrop. Although my mentality has more or less reversed, and I've found a good balance of appreciation between both mechanics and roleplay.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've spent a long time away from the server and I've developed more of an appreciation for the roleplay of SS13, rather than just the game, and would appreciate a second chance after almost four years to give the server another try.

Fractious

Re: Perma Appeal - Doxdd

Post by Fractious »

Sup Doxdd, it's been a while since I've seen you around SS13. Last time I recall was on Dead space 13 during their Alpha.

From personnal experience I can approve that your behavior as a player as improved, at least in the 10ish rounds we played together on that server. It's really nothing compared to the 'Gamer' you used to be 4 years ago.

I don't see anything wrong with a 4 year old ban being lifted after all those years, especially after seeing the way you play now. I'll obviously change my opinion if any 'Dirt' is revealed to have happened on other servers recently, though.

Best of luck with your appeal!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

areebur

Post by areebur »

The king returns...

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Given the sheer severity of your ban, combined with your note/ban history on other servers as recently as a year ago (early 2020) showing consistency in the behavioral patterns that lead to your ban here four years ago, this appeal's going to require a vouch from a reputable server before it can get lifted.

Doxdd

Post by Doxdd »

deathride58 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:23 am
Given the sheer severity of your ban, combined with your note/ban history on other servers as recently as a year ago (early 2020) showing consistency in the behavioral patterns that lead to your ban here four years ago, this appeal's going to require a vouch from a reputable server before it can get lifted.
Server as in host, or admin from a server in general? The latter wouldn't be too difficult so I can understand why you might be looking for the former.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Doxdd wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:16 pm
Server as in host, or admin from a server in general? The latter wouldn't be too difficult so I can understand why you might be looking for the former.
Just the name of a server you've been active or semi-active on lately should suffice, and we'll be able to take it from there! Having a staff member to come here and vouch can also work, though that'd involve some extra bureaucracy for the sake of confirming authenticity etc etc. Either way, we're more or less just looking for a neutral set of authoritative eyes to tell us how you've been in recent times.

Doxdd

Post by Doxdd »

deathride58 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:45 am
Doxdd wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:16 pm
Just the name of a server you've been active or semi-active on lately should suffice, and we'll be able to take it from there! Having a staff member to come here and vouch can also work, though that'd involve some extra bureaucracy for the sake of confirming authenticity etc etc. Either way, we're more or less just looking for a neutral set of authoritative eyes to tell us how you've been in recent times.
Skyrat would be the best bet I'd suggest you look into and ask/question for. I had one decent slipup, for personal reasons I'd rather not go into, although I had that quickly resolved with the staff there and put behind myself for good. I'll leave it to you guys to ask on my behalf rather than going through all of the confirmation bureaucracy

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

As someone who both played and adminned a lot when you played here, you uh, left quite the impression on citadel and the ban reason doesn't really do justice to exactly how bad your power gaming and murder boning really was, or how long it went on before your eventual ban. It has been quite a while however, and I'm not completely against a tentative unban with you being watched afterwards.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Taking into consideration the amount of that has past since the original ban and that we have a staff member that's willing to vouch for your improved behavior, we decided to grant a tentative unban.

The appeal is approved.