[BluebelleRosa] JohonasMexicanjo - main; self-antagging (methinks)

JohonasMexicanjo

[BluebelleRosa] JohonasMexicanjo - main; self-antagging (methinks)

Post by JohonasMexicanjo »

BYOND account and character name: JohonasMexicanjo | Hizu Renai

Banning admin: BlubelleRosa

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main/3 days (I think?)

Ban reason: Self-antagging (i guess)

Your side of the story: Hi. No, I don't feel the URGE to play Citadel every day all day. The point of this ban appeal is to complain about how it was applied, or about the fact that it WAS applied. A 3 days ban over something that was instigated onto me is unfair.

I heard we had a nightmare on the loose. We were low on sec (I think we had one Head of Security), so I headed to the armory and got myself a set of riot armour and a shotgun with incendiary & slugs, and went off to hunt it down. I found it in xenobiology, and after a brief fight, I had killed it. Took it to Medical, where I OP'd it and took its heart out. As soon as I did, though, Lucy Licorice minged in and wordlessly took it, running away to the other side of the operating centre and ate it. Call it character personality, which I hope it was, but I can't say that what happened was what HIZU would do, when I was real life annoyed at the fact that Lucy stepped in to wordlessly take the heart with little to no concern for roleplay. If SteamPunker had at least bothered to establish and maintain any depth to that scene, instead of pressing A + LMB, I would've accepted the outcome just fine. But the fact that they simply came, took the heart and left, was what annoyed me. I shot her once and left the room. Later, we had a small argument on comms, started by her when she said something about me shooting her, and I replying, saying something along the lines of "You're an asshole for stealing the heart of a nightmare that I almost died to". It ended there.

A few minutes went by and I PDA'd her, asking if I could have the heart back - she said no. I asked again, and she said no. A simple "I'm sorry for stealing the heart from you" would've prevented everything, but, to me, it was crazy how Lucy was so oblivious and ignorant, and it was the main factor that caused what came to happen afterwards. From that point on, I gave up on trying to solve the situation in a peaceful manner, and started to hunt her down. I found Lucy in genetics, where I shot her - she fell down into crit. Then, Harriet walked in and attempted to disarm me - I shot them and they fell down into crit. Then, Richard walked in and attacked me with a circular saw - I shot him and he fell down into crit. Then, I grabbed Lucy and ran with her into maintenance, where I finished her. Took her to a room, left the body there and went back to Medical, where I printed a circular saw. Returned to the room, sawed her arm off, and took her to Medical to finally remove the heart. Richard walked in again, and wordlessly started to attack me - I shot him and he fell down into crit. Then, just when I was about to remove the heart, the HoS came in and I ran into maintenance. The shuttle arrived and I wasn't able to make it in time because of the bunch of walls people had built.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Before anything, I wanna begin by contradicting what Blubelle said in my ticket. You kept saying I should've dealt with this issue "in some other way", while failing to tell me an alternative way to solve it. You knew that I wasn't the one who instigated that situation, and also knew that I attempted to resolve it peacefully before jumping into killing. You blamed me for the people who walked into the fight, while knowing there was no way I could stop the mechanical combat to explain the entire situation to those two who had just walked in. You fail to recognize the fact that I couldn't control who came in while the fight was on-going, just like I couldn't control their view of the situation - who they would classify as friendly and enemy.

I called bias, because it's almost natural in any other place that an admin will defend another admin, specially when they are friends OOCly. If this was not the case here, then I congratulate you, but the way you ignored everything I told you in that ticket and continued to enforce your point of view regardless of what I presented to you was, to me, a proof of how bias this situation was. I pointed out how I had no control over the people who walked in and caught the siutation in the middle, and also pointed out what Lucy had done. You failed to consider anything of what I said and continued to enforce your point.

Putnam

Re: [BluebelleRosa] JohonasMexicanjo - main; self-antagging (methinks)

Post by Putnam »

An alternative way to solve it is not to use the shotgun the instant you've been sufficiently incensed at a difference, to be frank? You have this very specific idea of taking revenge that tends to be "ambush them and murder them in cold blood", which is, believe it or not, not something most people do at all and is in fact generally disliked. Run up, yell at them, beat them up a little, let them talk a bit, if it escalates from there then you can use the shotgun, but you dealt with a (relatively) petty disagreement the same way Skylar Lineman deals with alien alloy golem wizards with force wall. Can you not see the problem here? It's not that you're taking petty revenge, that's fine, it's that you're doing it by way of ambush, which is unreasonably effective in any context but especially this game. You shouldn't be powergaming roleplay disputes.

JohonasMexicanjo

Post by JohonasMexicanjo »

Putnam wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:04 pm
An alternative way to solve it is not to use the shotgun the instant you've been sufficiently incensed at a difference, to be frank? You have this very specific idea of taking revenge that tends to be "ambush them and murder them in cold blood", which is, believe it or not, not something most people do at all and is in fact generally disliked. Run up, yell at them, beat them up a little, let them talk a bit, if it escalates from there then you can use the shotgun, but you dealt with a (relatively) petty disagreement the same way Skylar Lineman deals with alien alloy golem wizards with force wall. Can you not see the problem here? It's not that you're taking petty revenge, that's fine, it's that you're doing it by way of ambush, which is unreasonably effective in any context but especially this game. You shouldn't be powergaming roleplay disputes.
Lucy stepped in to wordlessly take the heart with little to no concern for roleplay
You can't expect me to roleplay in a situation I was given no room to RP to begin with, the same way you can't expect me to provide fairplay to someone who wasn't concerned in doing the same at all. Lucy's PDA replies looked and felt unconcerned. After the PDA messages, I threw any chance of RP-escalation out the window because that was simply not what I was getting in return.

Lucy took any opportunity of that situation being a "roleplay dispute" the moment she approached the nightmare's corpse and, wordlessly and without any concern for RP, took the heart, ate it and ran away. No, that's not RP. If you wash my hand, I'll wash yours.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I don't really know what to say about that besides "flippancy can be IC"? You still had an opportunity to be mad about that IC without bringing out the maximum-efficiency murder devices.