Ban Appeal Mesane Fletcher

whiteblood17

Ban Appeal Mesane Fletcher

Post by whiteblood17 »

BYOND Name:Whiteblood17

Reason Banned: Made a situation more complicated than it had to be "Powergaming"

Admin who banned you:leonleonardo.

Length Banned: Perma

Appeal Reason: I think it's ridiculous to ban someone for assuming LT position while whitelisted. I gave myself the role as LT because I found the current LT braindead in supply, knowing anyone could use his ID to cause chaos I took him to safety in his office. During this time, someone was presumed murdered and there were bloody footprints in the dorms, so hearing this I took the position and aided security around the station. People caught on that I wasn't infact the LT but an imposter, so I ran and hid on Xeno. There I thought it'd be pretty funny to spout some Trump meme's about China winning, and vote me for LT, ect. Apparently it wasn't all funny, since Leonardo teleported me to Admin prison and then stripped me and banned me. This is what he had to say.

--------------------------------------------
Admin PM from-Leon Leonardo: Let me be frank with you. None of what you're doing is okay.

Click on the administrator's name to reply.

PM to-Admins: How and why?

Admin PM from-Leon Leonardo: Put simply, Server Rule 1. Put in a slightly longer form, you've made another situation more complicated than it needed to be, you broke every rule about powergaming, and now you're spouting shitty Trump memes. I'm just going to advance you to a permaban.

Click on the administrator's name to reply.

You have been banned by leonleonardo.

Reason: Put simply, Server Rule 1. Put in a slightly longer form, you've made another situation more complicated than it needed to be, you broke every rule about powergaming, and now you're spouting shitty Trump memes. I'm just going to advance you to a permaban

This is a permanent ban.

---------------------------------------------

I have a list of the rules, and I didn't break any of them. I don't see anything regarding changing your job throughout the shift, as I didn't become LT to grief, I stayed within all the laws and used non-lethal methods to bring down players who (Without antag positions) upstarted a riot for a 2 minute sentence (That was issued to them for assault by another player, who was a really good security officer.) All of the alleged participants sentences were validated by an admin when asked why they were brigged. Here are the rules:

1. Meta-grudging, or intentionally trying to ruin a round for another player for no IC reason is not allowed.
    1. Meta-grudging is defined as: attacking, harassing, or otherwise making the life of any player difficult for reasons that do not make sense in-character.
    2. This rule counts for both players and characters; do not harass either simply because you have had a bad experience with them in a previous round.
    3. If you have a serious problem with a player, you should contact an admin to see if it can be settled through arbitration.
  2. "Play-to-win" style of game-play is strongly discouraged. Excessive use of power-gaming, valid-hunting, and of round-ending mechanics is not allowed.
    1. Repeatedly doing this annoys both players and admins alike; expect repercussions if you continue doing it.
    2. If an admin tells you to adjust your style of play, take their advice; if you are unsure how, ask.
    3. This rule is here to make sure you get along with the rest of the players and have a good time; if you feel that an admin is being too harsh however, file a complaint.
  3. RDM (random deathmatching) is not tolerated.
    1. If your reason for killing/attacking people randomly isn't justifiable admins reserve the right to remove you from the round.
    2. If you do this after recently joining the server for the first time you are liable to be banned permanently.
  4. IC information should be kept out of OOC channels and vice-versa.
    1. This goes for ANYTHING than can be used as meta-information.
    2. There is a zero-tolerance policy for this on Citadel. You WILL be warned, ticketed, kicked, and/or muted.
  5. Don’t metagame.
    1. Do not ever use information, acquired out of character or through patterns or events your character would not be able to know, in game.
    2. Examples of this would be hiding items that are often stolen for antag objectives, or assuming such-and-such player is an antag because they are usually an antag.
  6. If you find a bug or an exploit, report it via adminhelp or the forum.
    1. Abusing bugs or exploits is not allowed.
  7. If you take up or are given a job, which is important for game progression (head of staff, AI, antagonist role), make sure you actually do that job.
    1. If you find yourself unable to do this due to real life circumstances, just let an admin know (adminhelp) before you leave, please.
  8. Validhunting (i.e., hunting known antags as non-security staff), while discouraged, is not against the rules.
    1. If you take it upon yourself to hunt an antag, you must operate under the same rules and guidelines that security does. See Section 8.
    2. You are allowed to “validhunt” with the caveat that you don’t abuse it to antagonize people you don’t like; doing so counts as breaking rule 4.1.a.
  9. Non-antagonists early launching the shuttle solo (emagging the shuttle, or a single person using three separate IDs) without a good IC reason will usually net you a removal from the next round.
    1. Admins reserve the right to destroy the shuttle console or remove you from the shuttle to prevent unjustified early launches.
    2. "Because I wanted antags to lose" doesn't count as a good reason.
  10. Griefing on the shuttle is strictly forbidden.
    1. Shuttle griefing is attacking people or preventing people boarding before the shuttle has launched for no IC reason.
    2. This still counts while the shuttle is in transit.
    3. “End of round grief” is only allowed after the shuttle has arrived; i.e., after the after-round report has appeared and the shuttle has docked with CentCom.
  11. Multi-logging/Multi-keying (playing with multiple accounts) is strictly forbidden.
    1. If you are found to have played on the server with more than one account, pick one to keep and the rest will be perma-banned. Otherwise all accounts will be banned.
    2. If you are playing with someone on the same internet connection, the burden of proof falls to you.
-----------------------

In fact, rule 7 is the one I followed, I took up the LT role and made it my responsibility.

Please think about this appeal objectively, I really enjoy playing on Citadel and I don't think it's fair what has happened. If you do, please explain why below.

Thank you~

Mesane Fletcher
Last edited by whiteblood17 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

togopal

RE: Ban Appeal Mesane Fletcher

Post by togopal »

about rule 7, it is specifically saying that if you take up a role, it means that you sign up for it in advance, you dont just jack someones ID and give yourself access.

Leon_Leonardo

RE: Ban Appeal Mesane Fletcher

Post by Leon_Leonardo »

I'm going to approve this con the condition that you do not stomp all over our rules anymore.