Banned for talking to friend off topic from game over skype

Kenzie

RE: Banned for talking to friend off topic from game over skype

Post by Kenzie »

Shrimpism wrote: So we were playing I was AI and he was borg. We mentioned once over skype that AI was an asshole. He decides to kill AI as he thinks it may be Malf. We both get banned by some guy on at around 20:40 GMT on 16th July. This seems really unfair for a ban as he is new and does not know laws well and we only speak offtopic over Skype, e.g: other games and previous rounds.

I am also pretty new and still do not understand some elements of the game, such as the rule which got me perma banned. It's not like it really effected anyone else on the server by speaking offtopic as we just spoke about mainly TF2 and rounds from last week or so.

I really just want to play again as I enjoy the community as everyone is usually really friendly, even the antags.
[15:10:52]ADMIN: PM: Lm40/(Kenzie Houser)->M3rkMus1c/(Trump Jr.): Yo, why did you kill that AI.
[15:11:36]ADMIN: PM: M3rkMus1c/(Trump Jr.)->Lm40/(Kenzie Houser): It was an order from T.R.U.M.P
[15:11:50]ADMIN: PM: M3rkMus1c/(Trump Jr.)->Lm40/(Kenzie Houser): It is in a skype call
[15:16:03]ADMIN: PM: M3rkMus1c/(Trump Jr.)->Lm40/(Kenzie Houser): All I can say is... Shimpism and I are in a skype call he happened to be the Ai and i was doing an order he gave me

[15:35:52]ADMIN: PM: Lm40/(Kenzie Houser)->Shrimpism/(XIS-617): Yes hi, first of all why did you tell him to kill the other AI and second of all why are you metacommunicating with him.
[15:36:22]ADMIN: PM: Shrimpism/(XIS-617)->Lm40/(Kenzie Houser): I talk to him on skype but did not tell him to kill AI

One of you is clearly lying to me, get your story straight.
ex-headmin

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

That doesn't make any chronological sense, the AI had already been killed and revived by the time you were allegedly calling the AI an asshole. I still get the impression you're not being entirely honest.

I don't think the ban needs to be permanent by necessity, but you're also not giving me much reason to lift it.
ex-headmin

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I guess I still can't really prove whether or not you told him to kill the AI, so I'll err on the side of clemency this time since you were at least honest about the Skype, but if I catch so much as a hint of metacommunications between the two of you in the future you probably won't be so fortunate.

Unbanned, don't disappoint.
ex-headmin