F1X - Ban Appeal

Dankseed

RE: F1X - Ban Appeal

Post by Dankseed »

My input: reduce the perma to a 3-4 week ban. You clearly are sympathetic, and as the author of your last ban, I don't believe it should have been used against you on this perma ban, as that was just memeing around in a stupid way, while this is just really bad escalation, but even then I give this my full support. I hope things go well and you get unbanned, but if that is the case please do not fuck up, as I am giving my word here that I trust you to improve to be better than to do this again. I have seen massive improvement since you've first arrived, and you were becoming a regular in the community, I hope to see that work out for you.

Good luck. +1

F1X

Post by F1X »

fattypenguin wrote: Honestly i've read the two post about this round and it pretty much seems like it was just a shi- security problem. The security could just have arrested the mime since the beginning and should also have helped Altheor since he was requesting help too. Still, there is better way to deal with security than using a mech to break into it. You could have atleast used NON-LETHAL weapon like a mounted taser and a catapult to push people and stunning them instead of blowing them up.Also, instead of cutting the mime with a freakin' saw, you could've used the flash you tried to defend ( I don't know if the mimes had sunglasses tho ) to throw the mime out of your place.

I know you already said it but Ahelping would have been a nice idea too, just before exiting your place with a mech fully loaded ready to rip in two everyone in your path, just to make sure what you were doing was a good idea or not ( it was a not for sure ). You even got a ban for self-antagging not too long ago. In your place, I would've have stayed low for a while before trying anything spicy like that.

Welp, that was only my opinion. I'm not even an admin so you don't even have to bother reading this. So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing you unbanned, but don't do that again eh?
The mime had sun glasses or wore something that prevented flashing.

What would've been interesting is if I took a H.O.N.K. to Brig instead. o.o

The self-antag ban was just me being a meme, doing stupid things rather than like, assassinating Captain for no reason or whatever. I flew around in a hardsuit around perma and kept waving to Stellar, Lambda, Birddi, and some other person who were lewding. I kept freaking out Birddi, it was hilarious.

Security was completely fine, it's the HoS that was the problem.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

while the durand and overreaction wasn't really a first in its category and was completely ridiculous, i do believe the ban should be removed or shortened. they've sat out enough.
f1x has not exhibited malicious behavior of blatant griefers. shit happens, give them another chance. i do not think that they are unwilling or unable to change their playstyle. many of us have tainted histories ourselves, when we were new to the game and more volatile.
they did misunderstand the purpose of mech beacons (which is more for safety rather than "one beacon can blow it up") too. also, they were provoked, as much as i do not think that provocation excuses this behavior, but it wasn't just a random durand rampage.
also please no one try to pull the "get another server's admin vouch" that would be ridiculous.
Last edited by kevinz000 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

F1X

Post by F1X »

Can I take like a short leash or something? It's been 2 weeks already & I want to come back home. This will never happen again. ;_;

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Sorry, I'll lower it to another three weeks. I've been busy IRL getting ready to ship to BCT soon.