[Drewfus] Chefferz - Note Appeal

raiq

[Drewfus] Chefferz - Note Appeal

Post by raiq »

BYOND account and character name: Chefferz - Ana Bowchief
Noting admin: Drewfus
Noting type/duration: Mid-severity
Note Reason: As non-antag clown, had an IC fued with the mime (Artur_lang) over halloween event magic candy, which over-escalated into a fight. Both assumed they owned the magic candy, and it escalated from there, with both being brigged for the first fight, and then the clown being attacked into crit the second time - although it doesn't seem like either had intent to kill. In the future, be sure not to over-escalate in-character rivalries

-----------------

Alright, so the above was an outright lie on Artur_lang's part. This was on Pubbystation, where Bartholomew was positioned way southwest of the map, therefore almost nobody was using it because of the distance. I went to the library after asking on comms where it was, as the clown, and started doing the hunt for items. Went to the pot, found out what was needed, ran out and came back, only to watch as the Mime decided they were going to camp the pot and steal one from me as it converted. (They lied to Drewfus and claimed they believed it was theirs/owned this, when in fact they moved down two tiles to take it as I was turning in both). As soon as they took it, they bolted upwards. I called for sec multiple times on the headset and nobody did anything about it, and the mime ran to Jacqueline and immediately spent the candies so if they were searched they wouldn't find it. So, fed up, and after explaining the situation on comms and being told to just beat the mimes ass, I grabbed a plant and whacked them a couple times, along with a replica katana, finally encouraging security to do something about it already. We both got brigged and I explained everything, only for the officer, William Hound Heartsmith, to complain that he actually had to do his job and threaten all sorts of brig time if we did this stuff again. I didn't get my stuff back because the Mime had spent it, so I formulated a new plan.

I went back to the pot after our release and waited for the mime to turn in some stuff, and took one back, and ran, only for them to follow me with a welder and hard crit me, strip me of my gear, and drag me around the entire station. At this point I ahelped the situation, and pinged staff in the forums, and watched a they continued dragging me for a bit, before I OOC asked if Kevinz could get on, to which the mime suddenly started trying to revive me. They brought me to sec and I got healed up, but lied and said I attacked them again, and instead of this Warden seeing that the mime had just brought up a almost dead body, decided to arrest the both of us. During interrogation the Warden found the candies, and I got the one stolen back, only for the mime to start fighting back security after release to get dragnetted again and recaptured, and thrown in the brig. I took this opportunity to take their mask and leave, because at this point they had caused me and sec a ton of bullshit

The Warden, this time, instead of dealing with what the mime just did, decides to declare me Valid, and authorize lethals to detain me over the fact I took the mime's mask, and mindshielded the mime and gave them full sec gear to hunt me down. At this point I cyroed. I have a screenshot of what the mime had on their possession a little bit after I cyroed. A bluespace body bag and all sorts of other stuff to literally kill and hide my body, not to mention the PDA MESSAGE THEY SENT ME that they were gonna kill me. Yet, again, lied to the admin during the questioning and claiming that it was "just a rivalry"

Final note is that Drewfus never informed nor warned me about this at all, nor updated me with the ticket status, simply left and I found the note on slimbus after the round swapped over. Arter lied in the ahelp in which they "got" the candies, as they 1) instead were camping the library and stepped two tiles down as my candy popped out to IMMEDIATELY run around, in circles, as I was trying to get it back, knowing exactly what they did, and 2) I'm sure you can tell by the logs that they didn't put anything in, as Bartholomew gives a verbal acknowledgement that you put something in.

Drewfus

Re: [Drewfus] Chefferz - Note Appeal

Post by Drewfus »

Short and long of it; Willing to edit the note for clarity, this whole situation was incredibly unnecessary, sorry for letting this appeal collect dust.

My understanding of the situation in the note isn't that great - 100% of my context for what happened came from logs and hearsay. From my perspective, (and this certainly seemed the case, but again, limited context) the Mime was being annoying to the Clown, typical rivalry stuff, that's fun and nothing wrong with that. When it crosses into the "I'm gonna kill you for OOC reasons" territory, well, that's not so cool. Which is exactly what it looked like. So, the note is valid as a record you were warned not to do that. Most likely going to edit the note to something like;

"Over-escalated an in-character fight with Artur_lang, (over Halloween 2019 "Magic Candy") from a typical Clown vs. Mime feud into unnecessary meta-aggression." (?)

At the end of the day, what is this all for? Looking back, it seems silly to me, how serious and straight-faced we're labeling what should've been an in-character interaction, for fun, all in the nature of SS13. Bartholomew was a one-off halloween event. Can we move on and accept that, in a roleplaying setting, you have to step-outside of yourself and make compromises for the other people playing? I believe you can be better, Ana.

Anyway, I'm not blind to the fact, this was posted two months ago. Would seem insincere to try and give an excuse, so, only thing I can say is, Sorry. Trying to be on the forums more! But it's hard, even for the most dilligent of us.

(TL;DR - gonna edit the note)

raiq

Post by raiq »

Drewfus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:38 pm
Short and long of it; Willing to edit the note for clarity, this whole situation was incredibly unnecessary, sorry for letting this appeal collect dust.

My understanding of the situation in the note isn't that great - 100% of my context for what happened came from logs and hearsay. From my perspective, (and this certainly seemed the case, but again, limited context) the Mime was being annoying to the Clown, typical rivalry stuff, that's fun and nothing wrong with that. When it crosses into the "I'm gonna kill you for OOC reasons" territory, well, that's not so cool. Which is exactly what it looked like. So, the note is valid as a record you were warned not to do that. Most likely going to edit the note to something like;

"Over-escalated an in-character fight with Artur_lang, (over Halloween 2019 "Magic Candy") from a typical Clown vs. Mime feud into unnecessary meta-aggression." (?)

At the end of the day, what is this all for? Looking back, it seems silly to me, how serious and straight-faced we're labeling what should've been an in-character interaction, for fun, all in the nature of SS13. Bartholomew was a one-off halloween event. Can we move on and accept that, in a roleplaying setting, you have to step-outside of yourself and make compromises for the other people playing? I believe you can be better, Ana.

Anyway, I'm not blind to the fact, this was posted two months ago. Would seem insincere to try and give an excuse, so, only thing I can say is, Sorry. Trying to be on the forums more! But it's hard, even for the most dilligent of us.

(TL;DR - gonna edit the note)
I want a head administrator, or even other administrators, to look over this instead of you literally blaming me over this, please. Especially considering I was the one who ahelped this yet somehow ended up with a note.

I asked them to give it back.

They continued lurking the bowl.

They lied in the admin PM to you that they "thought it was theirs" when they didn't hunt for any of the items period, not to mention Bartholomew was in a the chapel area of the station where it's on its own asteroid, so far away from the items being hunted.

Security didn't do anything about it until I whacked them to get them to leave instead of stealing crap.

When security talked to us both the mime spent the candy. Ok, cool, I'll take one back from them so we're even.

Go up to the bowl and take one when they redeem an item, just like they did to me, and they weld me into critical and strip my body to drag me around and dump me in front of sec almost dead, yet you phrased the note "Typical rivalry stuff" and "They didn't seem they were gonna kill each other."

And yet after all of this, you blame me for the one that could have been better. You try to mask this as some sort of rivalry when they literally lied to you in the PM and said they instigated all of this because "they thought it was theirs"
Please tell me what you think I should have done. Instantly ahelped the second they ran off with the candy? I should just compromise and let the mime run off with something I spent time to hunt down and redeem for, and continue lurking the pot? You continue to use the whole "mime vs clown" as if that was what this issue was, when they told you in the admin reply that they were doing it because they thought it was theirs, so I have no idea why you're trying to put it into this kind of context.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

Kind of a weird thing to chime in with but: I was there for one of these altercations, I recall being pretty sure it was straight-up theft and even feeling kinda bad about it

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Right, this thread is older than dirt at this point. I'm gonna go ahead and make my own call on it because I'm not okay with an appeal thread sitting for four months.

Putnam says it feels like theft, and reading over the appeal, I'm kinda inclined to agree. Gonna go ahead and remove the note.