[Zellular] Emo Vampire- MainServer Ban For Disconnect

CasualAsriel

[Zellular] Emo Vampire- MainServer Ban For Disconnect

Post by CasualAsriel »

Byond Account: EmoVampire - Character at time of Ban: 'Police Drone'
Banning Admin: Zellular
Ban type: Perma Ban
Ban Reason: Disconnecting during Open Ticket about security Firefight with HoS and not reconnecting
My side: During the 'firefight' the Head of Security, the HoS had rushed to my character and had requested to test a taser without waiting for a response or any other hesitation enough for one to even type and tased me. Acting in character I used disablers in retaliation Because at the time I did not realize it was the Head of Security. They had a Wallet that didn't allow me to notice the Head of Security title of their ID, while yes it said 'head of Security' because of the SecHUD, I did not catch it and I will admit to my mistake, I had thought them another officer. I do not disagree to any punishment for attacking the Head. Of which I served punishment In-Round via a Ten Minute Brig time of which the Captain overwatched. I will admit I messed up.
Of which afterward, I received the Admin message about the situation and had explained my side to them as best I could. To of which while I had moved to the Security Booth in Medical to wait for the round end, I was in talks with the admin where my computer shut down. My computer is a laptop and is aging. The battery is unfortunately shot and only retains a charge for at least five minutes off the AC cord before shorting out and killing the laptop. The AC cord port is also damaged and loose, causing the AC cord to occasionally disconnect and sometimes I won't notice. I attempted to try and restart my computer before RL occurred and I had to leave the home. My boyfriend requesting that I 'use the chance' to go drive to assist friends with tasks (It is winter at time of writing) and one of those was to pick up cigarettes out in North-Dakota which is a few minutes drive on the interstate to and back, of which then had several stops in between due to piling events.

Why I think I should be Unbanned: While coincidental I understand the reason for the Ban, disconnecting during an active ticket. It looks very bad. I have been playing Citadel for nearly two years and I wish not to lose the friends I play with nor the rage and frustration from it. I will happily take any punishment for my ticket and the events with the HoS on top of the IC ten minute brigging time. I just wish to play on a server I have enjoyed for so long.

Zellular

Re: [Zellular] Emo Vampire- MainServer Ban For Disconnect

Post by Zellular »

You disconnected whilst I was checking the combat logs to see who really fired first, and as it turns out it was you. You fired several shots before Nayser(Sanax) retaliated with even one taser shot. This means that you lied to my face and expected it to stand up to scrutiny when Nayser would obviously say that you fired first. I'm willing to lift the permanent ban but this is still a major mistake on your part, why would you lie in an admin-sit?
I assumed since I didn't quite recognise your ckey or character that you'd made a mad dash for the hills once you disconnected, I apologise for assuming such and dropping such a harsh punishment on you.

CasualAsriel

Re: [Zellular] Emo Vampire- MainServer Ban For Disconnect

Post by CasualAsriel »

I honestly remember being shot with the taser, hitting the ground, then opening fire with the disabler shots. They said that they had a 'Test this taser for science' line, and then I dropped to the ground like a standard Taser shot. I assumed they were testing some device maybe, like a circuit taser with a gun mount, or just a 'Ha- Taser time' event. But again, If I did start shooting first then. Honestly just what the fuck did I do as a god damn drug.

But like, I super apreciate the lift. I love playing sec (despite the general hate and/or griefing) But I'm super sorry for the disconnect and lack there of reconnecting sooner. But I'll take any slap on the wrist or face for the actual Ticket stuff.