"[Jay] Tupinambis - Discord ban for "Telling people to leave the discord"

Tupina

"[Jay] Tupinambis - Discord ban for "Telling people to leave the discord"

Post by Tupina »

BYOND account and character name: Tupina#1837

Banning admin: Jay/Bhijn

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Discord/Indefinite

Ban reason: "they were straight-up telling people to leave the discord, so they were banned."

Your side of the story: After a very long time being on the server, being a contributor, and at one point a moderator, my frustrations ended up boiling over. That is the point at which I ranted about all my frustrations and eventually decided to leave. Within this rant I did make the statement that "The Solution is to play on [Different SS13 Server] and abandon ship." Now, I did indeed leave and haven't been on the discord since the middle of February. When I decided to return to it today I discovered I was banned. At no point was I ever notified of the ban and at no point was I ever aware of it. Talking to staff on the actual server, neither MrJWhit nor Kevinz000 was aware of the ban until I brought it up and they dug into it.

The way I said it and the fact that I specifically mentioned [Different SS13 Server] was just toxic on my part, but I genuinely don't think silently permabanning me from the discord is an appropriate response and it just comes off as unprofessional.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the way the ban was handled alone is reason enough, but in addition to that I have cooled off somewhat and more importantly have lost most of my investment in the server. I just want to see what's up and talk to some of the community members I haven't spoke to in a bit. I might stay I might not, but I don't think it's fair to be banned and not even know why you were.

HazelBailey

Re: "[Jay] Tupinambis - Discord ban for "Telling people to leave the discord"

Post by HazelBailey »

The full reason Jay banned you was because of you trash talking the server and it's discord, while telling people to go to another server instead. The reason for the ban is perfectly valid for that reason. That being said, I am willing to go ahead and lift this, though if similar behavior is seen again, it'll be reapplied just as easily.