[Putnam] Gabriel Fiagai - main server ban for "self-antagging"

Gabriel_Fiagai

[Putnam] Gabriel Fiagai - main server ban for "self-antagging"

Post by Gabriel_Fiagai »

BYOND account and character name: Gabriel Fiagai and Arthur della Mora

Banning admin: Putnam

Ban type/duration: permanent

Ban reason: setting the SM on an oxygen and plasma loop as non-antag and then logging off

My side of the story: I don't disagree that I deserved a slap on the wrist for having been dangerously forgetful, but I didn't meant to self-antag as it was claimed and I actually wanted to come clean and apologize when I talked about it on Discord, it wasn't boasting. I merely wanted to try and see if I could get more output out of the SM by recirculating oxygen and after seeing not a change in pressure and temperature in the SM I also started recirculating plasma (which didn't actually reach any significant percentage that I remember). I had the tablet on supermatter monitoring at all times during the round and at the time I left there were still no suspicious values that would make me think it was about to turn ugly, though in hindsight I still should've turned it off and that's what had me fire it off on Discord after I got back on.
I asked if my oversight had any adverse effect on the shift but nobody could say a thing, rather we ended up having a pleasant conversation about gas mechanics and high power setups which helped me understand what I could have done instead, I also wasn't contacted by any admin to "elaborate" on that possibly ban-worthy thing I had just admitted doing before getting banned.

Why I think I should be unbanned: If that wasn't obvious enough, I wasn't intentionally antagging and my actions carried no consequences, a permanent ban for this is unreasonable. I promise I'll make sure to pay more attention in case I happen to feel "adventurous" with the SM again as I understand its implications and what saved the round that time was more luck I did what I did quite late in the round (past the 1 hour mark) than anything.

Round ID: 22826
Ban ID: #11122

Gabriel_Fiagai

Re: [Putnam] Gabriel Fiagai - main server ban for "self-antagging"

Post by Gabriel_Fiagai »

EDIT: changed the field on ban type/duration to "permanent" from "IP ban, permanent" as the ban notification is vague.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

just as a note this is 99% probably a "disconenction ban"

aka you logged off before we could talk to you so we banned you so you'd come here, rather than "this is a permanant ban for this action alone"

Gabriel_Fiagai

Post by Gabriel_Fiagai »

kevinz000 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:37 am
you logged off before we could talk to you so we banned you so you'd come here, rather than "this is a permanant ban for this action alone"
Well, the ban was dished out well after I said "I did the thing" on Discord which makes me think Putnam or any other admin wouldn't have dug out the round ID if I hadn't said anything. If that's true my BYOND account was correlated with my Discord and yet that knowledge wasn't used to try and talk it out before banning me.
What should've I done? Reconnected on BYOND soley in hope someone aknowledged my late presence to discuss that previous round? I disconnected because I had to go, not to avoid conversation.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

Nah, I only saw the results in-round, I didn't know you'd said anything on discord after. This is 100% just a "disconnection ban" and your explanation is pretty fine. I'd be fine with lifting this. Do be more careful with this stuff in the future, running oxygen and plasma back into the supermatter is a slow-burn but absolutely surefire way to start a delamination. It'd be fine if you were actively watching it, but you left after, and I didn't know how to contact you, so this was the way to do it. Your note's also been downgraded to minor.