[Nethaufer] JLinari- RP Server ban for provoking someone for no reason after specifically being told not to.

JLinari

[Nethaufer] JLinari- RP Server ban for provoking someone for no reason after specifically being told not to.

Post by JLinari »

BYOND account and character name: JLinari/Vestele Hartrett

Banning admin: Nethaufer

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): RP Server, permanent

Ban reason: Showed repeated antagonistic behaviour both IC and OOC against a specific player ostensibly over an incident a year prior on the main server, was warned against doing such in the discord server and informed of a permanent ban if such behavior continued. Provided a completely unprovoked LOOC message around a week or so later intended to antagonise as prior, and as such was banned.

Your side of the story: I'm at this point fairly sure that the incident on the main sever (which as memory serves I was fine enough with not to ahelp at the time) was in fact not the reason for the antagonistic behavior. What was the reason appears to be a joke character the player made that I took as a personal insult and started looking for excuses to hate them over, which... was incredibly petty, and thus makes the ban, at least for a time, justified. Admittedly such might be a slightly biased perspective for obvious reasons. The main reason this didn't cause any actual issues until it did was said disliked player got caught up in some drama I'd managed to start, which resulted in an incident that lead to the previous day ban and the escalation of hostility on my part until the LOOC incident.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have, as far as I can tell generally realised that I was effectively if not (more likely) entirely in the wrong in this situation, and have attempted to if not exactly apologise explain myself. I have also made peace to some extent with a decent portion of the involved players, with the obvious exception of the one I was at one point actively attempting to drive from the server for little to no reason (a blatant violation of quite a few rules). I have also obtained the necessary vouch from another server's admins, more specifically from one of the Hestia admins (Irkalla Epsilon#7130) who appears to be in the Citadel discord if you wish to contact them. If unbanned, I intend to, of course, not be quite as antagonistic and provocative, and hopefully in the future actually talk to people about things before they reach this point.

Edit: Wait no I was actually playing as Vestele when I got banned.
Attachments
Proof of said vouch, contact if necessary
Proof of said vouch, contact if necessary
Vouch.PNG (18.67 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Last edited by JLinari on Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mouseofthecake

Re: [Nethaufer] JLinari- RP Server ban for provoking someone for no reason after specifically being told not to.

Post by mouseofthecake »

yeah, i'm up for having you back, as long as you chill the heck out

+1

JLinari

Re: [Nethaufer] JLinari- RP Server ban for provoking someone for no reason after specifically being told not to.

Post by JLinari »

mouseofthecake wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 am
yeah, i'm up for having you back, as long as you chill the heck out

+1
I mean, that's the plan

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Aight. You got the vouch needed. I do think you are actually apologetic for this, however do know if it happens again it will be a no appeal, gone for good sort of deal.

JLinari

Post by JLinari »

Nethaufer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 am
Aight. You got the vouch needed. I do think you are actually apologetic for this, however do know if it happens again it will be a no appeal, gone for good sort of deal.
I was expecting it to be that, yes.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Aight, I'll be lifting the ban then.

JLinari

Post by JLinari »

Nethaufer wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:06 pm
Aight, I'll be lifting the ban then.
Ah, thank you.