[Lordheichou, Geemsiesif(?)] main, discord

CatgirlEnthusiast

[Lordheichou, Geemsiesif(?)] main, discord

Post by CatgirlEnthusiast »

Banning admin: lordheichou, geemsiesif(spelling?)

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): main and discord, both permanently, for unrelated reasons

Ban reason: "constant toeing the line for many rules including greytiding, self-antagging, and powergaming. admitted at some point to be intentionally trying to push admins and see what they could get away with. straw that broke the camels back, yada yada."

i can't actually get the discord ban message since discord doesn't really have anything like that, but the rough gist as far as i remember it is that some denthead wanted to post cub and/or loli in the nsfw channel, i called him a dumbass and showed that literally even the bots have that shit hardcode-disabled because of how much of a no-no it is, showed it by pinging one of the bots to post one of the tags, which it didn't, and, in a shocking twist nobody could foresee, i was banned for "trying to get the bot to post cub stuff" or something along those lines. this one was applied by geemsie if i remember right

Your side of the story: i used to play on cit when it was a much smaller server and stuff was enforced "more firmly" (because of vastly different player numbers). when it started quickly growing and getting more popular i felt (and still do tbh, at least up to when i got banned) that rules ended up being enforced in a way more 'lax' manner (which in hindsight was unavoidable, since you can't really keep a close eye on nearly 100 players)

i can't actually remember what the specific incident was, but something ended up happening that left me really bitter about the aforementioned stuff, and my mindset turned to something along the lines of "hey, this shit ain't really being enforced anyway, i'll just ignore it and announce that i'm doing it whenever anyone asks, like, to show it", which i then proceeded to do for about 9 months before finally getting banned.

what i didn't realise at the time is that i was (probably) only getting away with a lot of the shit for so long because i was (arguably) one of the "older" and "more respected" players (the quotation marks are there for a reason, and i'm pretty sure i undermined all of it with this stunt anyway). i'd already been playing on the RP server for while, pretty much since it got established and had a good time, but always missed the MRP feel that "old cit" used to have, where people would just be vibing and having a good time (this is probably rose-tinted glasses at 110% power too, tbh)

not actually quite sure why i kept on playing when i clearly wasn't enjoying the way the server was going, and ended up getting banned (which was unavoidable, really no other way this could've gone tbh)

Why you think you should be unbanned: this is probably going to sound really weird, but it's because i don't care as much anymore. i've been around the block, seen a lot of servers, a lot of them similar to cit, e.g skyrats, (which reminds me a lot of cit during its "highpop phase") and occasionally on and off of RP. even tried MUDs for a while, and i've gained a lot of new perspective on the whole thing, hopefully reflected in my thoughts above. i still have a bunch of friends that play regularly on main, and i just want to get back to vibing on there, especially now that pop is (at least for now) lower again, and probably gonna stick around even once it recovers
Last edited by CatgirlEnthusiast on Sun May 24, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HazelBailey

Re: [Lordheichou, Geemsiesif(?)] main, discord

Post by HazelBailey »

Individual forwarded their actual ckey to a headmin. So no need to worry about that, they can be unbanned if the appeal is accepted.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

For my part , i dont see any reason this shouldnt be lifted , they have been chilling out lately.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Well, if Reece says you've been doing better, I see no real reason to keep this in place. Repeat the same behavior and the ban will be reapplied, but I'm going to trust that wont be an issue. Have fun.