EvidentPseudonym

[DigitalSquirrel95] pyrosavi - Main Permaban

Post by EvidentPseudonym »

BYOND account and character name: Pyrosavi/Avi Munep

Banning admin: DigitalSquirrel95

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main, permaban

Ban reason: Violation of rule 9.4, absorbing an SSD person as a ling

Your side of the story:
So the SSD player I absorbed was my 'replace and escape as this target' objective, and the person I went off with was my 'kill this person' objective. I went along to the dorms to get them alone, and went along with their suggestion as a way to run out the clock so I could kill and escape more effectively. That being said, while I don't recall that sort of thing being against the rules when it was used against me as a strategy, I can definitely see how the interpretation of the rules may have changed since the last time I was seriously active on the server.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I used a strategy that had been used on me before, with no apparent punishment for the person who used it. If the interpretation of the rules has changed, then so be it; however, there's no indication that this was the case beforehand, so permabanning someone for not knowing that enforcement standards on this kind of thing have changed seems a bit harsh.

HazelBailey

Re: [DigitalSquirrel95] pyrosavi - Main Permaban

Post by HazelBailey »

Your actual ban reason is.
As a changeling, absorbed an SSD player that was in the bar, then ERP'd as that character after changing to their form. This is a severe violation of rule 9.4, and is not allowed. Please appeal on the forums to explain yourself as soon as you're able.
The reason you were permabanned is so we can get in contact with you on the forums. The rule break itself is related to the fact that you ERP'd as another person's character, which is viewed as harrassing another player with ERP, in a much lighter sense, but it's still not allowed, regardless. If the player finds out, and is not okay with their character being used for ERP purposes by another player, which was the case here, then we have to act. If another player has done the same to you, and you aren't okay with that, then you need to ahelp so we can speak with them as well, because we aren't all knowing, and cant watch every player at the same time. Absorbing the character while they were SSD is almost non-existant as an issue.

With all that said, are you now able to see what the issue with this situation is?

EvidentPseudonym

Post by EvidentPseudonym »

Absolutely; consider me completely informed on the issue here. As far as 'defense' goes, well, I apologize unreservedly to the players involved, and I had no intention of hurting either of them, and will avoid doing anything like that in the future if allowed back.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

In that case, I've lifted your ban. Please dont let this be an issue future.