[Various] Detective Google - Multiple, General Toxicity

Detective Google

[Various] Detective Google - Multiple, General Toxicity

Post by Detective Google »

BYOND account and character name:Detective Google, (various, Alisya Smirnov and etc.)

Banning admin: Various- Enzo, some admins from the RP server I don't particularly recognize.

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permanent.

Ban reason: https://imgur.com/fOXL3xY

Your side of the story: Admittedly, I'm not the kindest person, and while I believe many of these instances of perceived attacks were me being sarcastic and it not translating over the internet, there are other times where I genuinely was being a shit.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
It's been ~3 months since the original ban, and I've had some time to think it over and some lifestyle changes since, and I'd like to believe I'd be more readily able to live and let live.

Overall I think part of the issue is some of my sarcastic comedy not quite coming across so well in a digital format, saying things like "well just don't die" when a player is discussing a concern about their playstyle isn't meant to be taken at face value, it's meant to be a cheeky poke, but obviously it didn't come off as such and people took it rather personally.

I think the other issue is just how much time I was spending on citadel- an unhealthy amount to be certain, which now that I've finally gotten myself back under control and on a reasonable schedule, should no longer be nearly as much as an issue- staying up all night slamming energy drinks and coke is not conducive to being a genuine and pleasant to be around person. I hope to've turned over a new leaf by giving up coke(and caffeine in general) for all intents and purposes entirely.

Between this and spending some time on some slower, less competitive servers with higher RP standards I've whittled down the bite I carried with my words, and am certain I can be far more conscientious when dealing with both other players and the staff.

I'll also take the moment to apologize to the staff, and players, I was less than kind to, I ought to have tempered my tongue rather than be rude and hateful.

Cataclysmanic

Re: [Various] Detective Google - Multiple, General Toxicity

Post by Cataclysmanic »

If I may say something. Being the one who issued the RP server ban (Under Enzo's request after a nearly unanimous decision among the staff team).

I witnessed more than enough of it to know that the toxicity, and crappy behavior went on for far too long. It's good that you've accepted the things you've done, and that you're willing to take responsibility for it. I'm glad you've been able to make healthier life decisions as a result.

However, with how long it all went on, and yes, I'm going to sound like an asshole here, I don't think that an apology is going to be enough. Not only had your actions put strain on administration, but they also put a strain on the community itself. Granted, we should have taken action a lot sooner than we did, but it doesn't change the facts, and it doesn't convince me that you've changed.

Before I'll ever even think to support this, I'd like to see proof and support from others that you've truly changed. Whether it be by vouches from other server hosts, or something similar from a large community that can remain unbiased in opinion for or against you.

Trust me, as much as I like watching people develop and change for the better, trust is earned, not given.

I'm tentatively against this appeal unless evidence of change can be brought forward. I wish you the best of luck, but this isn't enough for me.

Have a good day, and best of luck to you.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

Cata said everything I was going to. The ban was supported by every single person there except kevz...it wasnt like a couple rpmins and Enzo, it was a majority of the entire staff team that agreed upon it.

You seem sincere here but the damage is done and your reputation is very infamous. Your name has been brought up in issue many many times even after you left. Ive witnessed your acts and actions quite a few times myself and have heard more then enough from other staff members and players to confidently say i dont think the community is ready to welcome you back.

Given your history and the various incidents surrounding you I am going to have to -1 this, i apologize and think you should try again later perhaps in 6 or so months.

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

You turned two investigative bwoinks into drawn out issues. Bwoinks you received zero punishment or even notes for and when I suggested making a formal complaint instead of complaining about it in discord you immediately jumped to insults and claiming "this isn't virgo where they* ban people for hurting each other's' feelings". Neither were you banned nor at any point during that exchange was it suggested at the time that you be banned. No we don't ban people for hurt feelings, but we do ban consistent toxicity. This was just the incident I was involved in and given you threw a weeks-long fit over a situation that was literally nothing I wouldn't trust your word without a vouch. I see no reason to support unbanning otherwise, given your needlessly vitriolic history.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

I've actually inquired with vorestation regarding this over hostchat
The consensus is alright player, overly pushy and defensive when they feel, well, defensive about something.

Regardless,
Your situation was a little (understatement) ridiculous towards the end and regardless of past events it honestly doesn't do to have you back if you somehow managed to ruffle the feathers of just about everyone on staff right now.
I still think you should have a chance at actually playing the game, though.
My recommendation is keeping the RP and Discord bans in place and tentatively lifting the main one, for the moment, with the understanding that there is going to be no tolerance for antics this time, as we aren't putting everyone through a second fiasco of this.
The understanding being that the permaban won't be hesitated on being reapplied if issues arise, and that you should adminhelp anything or just file formal complaints, instead of yelling at people when things go wrong, which tends to make people even more defensive and not get a lot of work done.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I'm in favor of supporting Kevin's recommendation on this issue. I've had no personal interactions with Google - at least that I can recall - and consider myself a neutral party due to that.
+1 For the exact stipulations and terms laid out in Kevin's post.

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Flat out -1. Too many warnings given, total horrible behavior to players and staff alike from the multiple times I was dragged in during my headmin period on this.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

I'm carrying out the unban with the exact conditions outlined earlier. The main ban will be removed while the others stay on the assumption that this doesn't immediately result in a dumpster fire.
We asked for a vouch and they have provided. We've, actually in recent-ish memory, unbanned frankly more worrisome people for the same reasoning.
I hope that you will prove people here wrong because this is, uh, probably going to be the last time for a while.