[Putnam] The0bserver:Validhunting Note Appeal

The0bserver

[Putnam] The0bserver:Validhunting Note Appeal

Post by The0bserver »

BYOND account and character name: The0bserver; Qilxuq Volzix

Noting admin:Putnam

Note type: Validhunting

Note reason:When a heretic was called in cargo, ran off as a chemist with fluorosulphuric acid to throw it onto the heretic. Also went to drag bodies out, and apparently most of sec was dead, but crossing the station once an antag is called out as a chemist is nonetheless validhunting.

Your side of the story: I won't deny that I went over to Cargo, for both reasons stated in the note. Said heretic had already attempted, and got punished for an attack once by death, and was brought back by the captain for reasons unknown. They then took this second lease on life to immediately steal a shotgun from the armory, and began blasting people by the public autolathe. Now, the powers that be might know more about the situation than I was able to know at the time, but to my knowledge, we had a single sec officer who was actually functional, several who were being being treated, or lost in space, and said sec officer was duking it out with the heretic to the best of their abilities. In a bid to hopefully not have a body to drag back to medbay, as well as finally put a stop to the wild ride, I splashed the beaker I had prepared at them, admittedly, missing my mark by a tile, restricting their movement onto it. In the end, we managed to kill the heretic, and thus, concluded any more chances for attacks onto the medbay, and allow our staff to catch up with the influx of bodies.

Why you think you should be unnoted: Frankly, I don't believe my actions were too far out of line, given the circumstances, having been attacked/forced to defend staff a few occasions, to the point where I had to start to employ an acid beaker in the first place. There've been many more occasions where people have done far more concerted efforts to validhunt, with more sec alive and well, some greatest hits being people screaming out of medical with a belt of morphine smart darts, or chasing slime antagonists with charcoal filled darts, killing them within moments, or even the numerous times miners and assistants have come out of the woodwork with all manner of gear. I myself can recall a recent time of being murdered by a station wielding high quality smithed arms despite my actions not being anywhere near as deserving as the heretics who had been running amok on this shift. If my using what I had on hand at the time, while being on the job is not kosher, then I would appreciate some more definite and concrete definitions and precedents on when nonsec/nonheads are allowed to act to defend against/attack an antagonist, because what we have currently is too nebulous, and is contributing quite heavily to the general round based apathy that the general populace keeps having during mid/high chaos.

Ludox

Re: [Putnam] The0bserver:Validhunting Note Appeal

Post by Ludox »

I was the heretic in question.
I got revived not by the captain but by the AI I had previously subverted.
I didn't have any weapons on me except a tele-baton and my trusty flesh path knife.
The one who was blasting the shotgun? The HOS who 2 hit critted with 12g slug.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

the reason this is a meh note is in the note itself
a heretic that killed most of sec and subverted the ai is about as valid as it gets, even if the hos was blasting a shotgun.
i'd like to hear putnam's side on this first and obviously i'm still working on the actual policy re: how to treat heretics.

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

I decided it was validhunting until we get a more formal idea of what heretics are about, mostly. I probably should've made it more clear in the note that it's tentative and I'm just being liberal about leaving notes around.

Bapldap

Post by Bapldap »

I was one of the heretics that round, I don't think a note is deserved for this. Sure, they used acid beakers on us a few times but it didn't exceed more than once or twice, and most of their actions were crowd activities. I think they got singled out BECAUSE they used the acid, but that doesn't mean they were going out of their way just to kill us. Yes, security was damaged and they felt the need to help, but they weren't necessarily combing around the station to find the heretics and secure that epic redtext. I did see the CMO running around the hallways carrying a shotgun, who proceeded to shoot me, which got me thinking on this note. Overall, I saw the CMO try to kill me more than 0bserver, which doesn't really speak well for this note.
Even if this note is just there to be there, sort of as Putnam put it, it should honestly be able to be appealed. Putnam didn't really seem to have a strong opinion for the note while writing it anyways, "And apparently sec was mostly dead, but crossing the station once an antag is called out as a chemist is nonetheless validhunting." There was no need to write the part about security being dead. Putnam says he is being liberal with the notes, there isn't a reason why this can't be appealed then.
As for how heretics should be treated, it isn't too far from wizard, but a little different. It'd make sense for other roles being able to help security, especially if security has members of it that have been killed/are dead. Thanks for reading.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

right i'm late to the party
a precedent will be listed regarding this sooner or later but regarding this note, i will be lifting it in a day or two unless there are further objections. if most of security is dead, and a heretic is more or less rampaging, a single beaker of facid is the least of our concerns when it comes to validhunting an antagonist that for all intents and purposes is not designed with our validhunting policy in mind.
more clear words for antag policy re: heretics will be done pretty soon.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

right consider this accepted