[Atlas OHare] Monara - RP note appeal for LRP

Monara

[Atlas OHare] Monara - RP note appeal for LRP

Post by Monara »

BYOND account and character name: Monara, Luna Rieur

Note placed by: Atlas OHare

Note Details: As Luna Rieur, showed up on station as Talon Captain trading dangerous goods, and viruses. At some point a virus broke upon Ruskit's head causing a state of panic. John went to Luna for a cure, after which some dumb amount of tom-fuckery happened. Luna told John the virus was on the shuttle, she gets tased, and when she comes back too proceeds to open fire upon John Nut with an assault rifle killing him. After which she fled the ship. Gave her a slap on the wrist, told her to not jump the gun no pun intended in situations like this, and to go about things a little calmer next time. by Atlas OHare (GameAdmin) on Wed, July 7th of 2021

Your side of the story: As Luna Rieur, I showed up on station as Talon Captain trading dangerous goods, including salvaged virus samples. As far as I know oocly, the samples are entirely inert and safe unless extracted with the pathogen machine in virology. A few minutes after selling one, John Nut (the Officer) mentions that it broke over Ruskit's (the CMO) head. I expressed my concern but it seemed like he had it somewhat handled on his own. Later, while we were moving the rest of our unsold goods back to the shuttle, I stopped to try and sell to a miner. John Nut and Xeq (My crewmember) arrived from the elevator, asking where the viruses were. I told them they were in the shuttle, and returned my focus to the miner I was trying to sell to. I wasn't paying attention to what John and Xeq were saying while I was busy typing, and was shot with rubber bullets mid-sentence. I awoke seconds later to my guard firing their last taser shots at John, and I quickly drew my only weapon which was one of the assault rifles we had for sale, and shot him in defense of my guard, Xeq, and myself. The latter two already nearly incapacitated with sunstick and rubber bullets. When I ran away, John was unconscious and bleeding out, but surely dead. I notified the crew immediately over comms about what happened, and when we left the station we left the virus sample behind at the dock. After John was revived, I personally went back and remedied the entire situation in character.

Why you think the note should be removed: What the admin fails to acknowledge is that the firefight was still in full swing when I woke back up only seconds after being knocked out. They told me in PMs to "talk more before jumping the gun" as if I had time to do so between bullets, even moreso since I did not shoot first. I'm confident that Atlas did not have enough information on the situation to place this note, didn't put enough of an effort into checking logs, and wasn't entirely interested on what I had to say on the matter. LOOCly, while we were initially fleeing in the shuttle, John said that he was not upset over it and even enjoyed the fight, further proving there was no negative impact on his round specifically. Atlas was quick to remind me of the other witnessing players having their rounds affected negatively somehow, as if defending myself and my crew from what I saw as a threat was somehow out of character. In AdminPMs, he made a clear attempt to bring up past notes on LRP that were placed over two years ago as if it held some sort of weight in this situation. I take responsibility for those being what they were, but again they were long, long ago and for LRP which personally I don't think applies to this situation.

In conclusion, if I had an option outside of lethal weapons I'd have used it. If I wasn't shot at first, I'd have obviously spoken before returning fire. And finally, I have no idea how I was supposed to "act more like a captain" when I'm pulled into a confrontation I didn't start, or how something like defending my crew isn't leader-like.

Silicons

Re: [Atlas OHare] Monara - RP note appeal for LRP

Post by Silicons »

noting admin has said they lifted it and to move this to resolved