[Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Von Carstein

[Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Post by Von Carstein »

Post contents:
BYOND account and character name:Von Carstein - Suvar Usuarzan

Banning admin: Timothytea

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permanent

Ban reason: Reason: Refused to leave a public area during a scene, when being asked to. Further worsened the situation by telling the person asking them to leave to go fuck themselves, and threatening to talk about fetishes infront of them. This behaviour is not acceptable, when asked to leave a public area during a scene, you move. You can appeal your ban on the forums if you think this was in error or think something was missed.

Your side of the story:Joined as roboticist shift start, built some medibots and cleanbots and decided to talk to my resident metabuddy about what they ate for breakfast and got into a conversation about grilled cheese with them, randomly decided to poke their toes because it is mildly amusing to me and would be the perfect leadup to steal their shoes and run away with them, in which my resident metabuddy called me a weirdo, so I asked them what they considered weird which spiraled into a conversation about fur dandruff and Amber Reesh randomly butting into the conversation randomly with this accusation.
(Microwaved Grilled Cheese, Crime against God)

Now lets get to the message that I think you are actually misinterpreting as an entire scene, as the station was being plasma flooded the following commentary happened.

Oh no! Woe is me! A lewd joke! Clearly too far for my furry ERP server that talks about vore and how many dicks they can stick in their mouth on the common radio half of the time. If they actually had a problem with this, I'd seriously question why they are on Citadel to begin with, considering everyone and their mother who plays here agrees to the whole "Are you bothered by furries or sexual content" thing.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
There was no ongoing scene, if there had been I would have obviously kept it to myself. The situation was them randomly butting into the conversation acting as if we were having a scene when quite literally I was standing there talking to them, if you are going to ban me for public ERP perhaps, wait for me to actually do that before slapping the ban without sending me any sort of message or asking any of the reasoning behind what was said.

Now if the ban was over telling them to fuck off, well, then you actually got me, because I was intentionally being rude as because I deemed their own statement as rude, but last time I checked that wasn't explicitly against the rules to reply to perceived insults.

Would be less funny if it wasn't an admin who is still angry about the one time I beat him to death in chemistry, which makes this even more hilarious to me. You clearly didn't even do the bare minimum of log digging to see what happened and then go out of your way to say I somehow involved them in a situation around an adult content scene when it never happened.

timothytea

Re: [Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Post by timothytea »

For you specifically, the main issue was the point at which you threatened to start talking about fetishes instead of moving, which is completely unacceptable.

I understand how you could disagree over it being a 'scene' but you were in a public place talking about things that weren't appropriate, you should have moved and instead escalated it. Talking about how people taste, grabbing their paw, and general lewd implications with stuff like 'Dripping around the edges...' and 'Into your, perfectly good frying pan...'. Aside from what you posted, there's also a few statements also while you were in the surrounding area, such as in the Mech Bay, "good thing I like the taste of your donut, so this is nothing but pure good news for me".

Nayser

Post by Nayser »

Amber Reesh chirps, "Look I don't know what this weird shit you're talking about but some of it sounded sexual. Just going to say if you do get to that point then yeah."

At this point person who I assume ahelped practicly admits to not seeing any kind of scene there and I agree with them. The fact that they ahelped anyways seemed like it was done out of malice because they were upset about being told to duck off IC.

From server rules: Public ERP - Public scenes are defined as scenes easily visible to the public whether from sprite-nudity or from non-subtle emotes in a public location. You must comply if someone asks you to take your scene elsewhere in LOOC, whether by using subtle or finding a semi-private or private location. Players should not be forced to read your erotic scene while walking through the halls or their own department. If a majority of a non-important semi-public room (like bar clubroom or library game room) is in on a scene, find somewhere else instead of attempting to break it up - even if you do not like their scene.

From everything I read from logs posted here. At most what they were writing can be called suggestive but calling it a scene is an incredible over exaggeration.
If this is wrong then by same logic players dressing their character suggestively, butt slapping each other in public or saying lewd things over radio should be banned too. There has been a critical mistake in judgement and lack of investigation.

We already don't have that many players, let's not ban willy-nilly?

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

timothytea wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:59 pm
Aside from what you posted, there's also a few statements also while you were in the surrounding area, such as in the Mech Bay, "good thing I like the taste of your donut, so this is nothing but pure good news for me".
Amber was not their at the time for this comment if I remember correctly, sorry but I do not consider it a valid remark for this situation. That was considered private.

Splendid attempt though, Teak.

Von Carstein

Post by Von Carstein »

timothytea wrote:
For you specifically, the main issue was the point at which you threatened to start talking about fetishes instead of moving, which is completely unacceptable.
IC issue, it was more to emphasis the point that I wasn't talking about fetishes at all. If I had actually started stuffing unwelcomed content down their throat, I wouldn't even be bothering to making an appeal.

>>but you were in a public place talking about things that weren't appropriate, you should have moved

Why would I move at all when I wasn't doing any sort of scene and merely speaking? They even admit it that they aren't sure what is going on in the conversation.

>>Talking about how people taste, grabbing their paw, and general lewd implications with stuff like 'Dripping around the edges...' and 'Into your, perfectly good frying pan...'. Aside from what you posted, there's also a few statements also while you were in the surrounding area, such as in the Mech Bay, "good thing I like the taste of your donut, so this is nothing but pure good news for me".

Innuendo jokes and lewd talk are apparently ban worthy? Be reasonable. I can, explicitly see how someone with a dirty mind might take those comments the wrong way, however I was genuinely just making fun of them for wasting cheese and having it fall into the frying pan and burn. Second statement was entirely private, and to be honest I don't think it doesn't really needs to be either. Imagine being unable to handle someone talking about sex on Citadel of all places, when we have people spraypaint how much they love dog dick in the hallways, wear gear harnesses or countless other sexual related or provocative actions.

I do not have a single note in relation to any sort of public ERP issues before and your non-talkative self goes and applies a permanent ban.

Uncle Bourbon

Post by Uncle Bourbon »

Oh no! Woe is me! A lewd joke! Clearly too far for my furry ERP server that talks about vore and how many dicks they can stick in their mouth on the common radio half of the time.
I actually heard some people played by admins basically do that, openly flirting or talking about sex on general comms where I have to say "Please stop you are making my ears bleed."
Or just sitting in the bar talking about their cock or how they wanna fuck a crewmember who is like 2 tiles away from them.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

Uncle Bourbon wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Oh no! Woe is me! A lewd joke! Clearly too far for my furry ERP server that talks about vore and how many dicks they can stick in their mouth on the common radio half of the time.
I actually heard some people played by admins basically do that, openly flirting or talking about sex on general comms where I have to say "Please stop you are making my ears bleed."
Or just sitting in the bar talking about their cock or how they wanna fuck a crewmember who is like 2 tiles away from them.
Ah yes, Putnam, I believe I heard this dramafest too. I don't see why admins are allowed to make their "Would-fuck-list", openly in game. While comments about making grilled cheese is apparently against the rules and requires a permanent ban because of speculation while some quite literally say such things which are borderline harassment or obnoxious, or just people are making the rules how they see fit, shrug!

Putnam

Post by Putnam »

i don't know if that juxtaposition is supposed to imply anything but if it does i've definitely never said anything about a "would-fuck list" or even anything resembling it that i know of

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:41 pm
timothytea wrote:
Aside from what you posted, there's also a few statements also while you were in the surrounding area, such as in the Mech Bay, "good thing I like the taste of your donut, so this is nothing but pure good news for me".
Amber was not their at the time for this comment if I remember correctly, sorry but I do not consider it a valid remark for this situation. That was considered private.

Splendid attempt though, Teak.
Chill with the insulting remarks please, it's not conducive to an environment like this. "Splendid attempt though, Teak" is nowhere near needed.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:46 pm
Uncle Bourbon wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Ah yes, Putnam, I believe I heard this dramafest too. I don't see why admins are allowed to make their "Would-fuck-list", openly in game. While comments about making grilled cheese is apparently against the rules and requires a permanent ban because of speculation while some quite literally say such things which are borderline harassment or obnoxious, or just people are making the rules how they see fit, shrug!
Where the fuck does this fit into an appeal, one that isn't yours, as well as at an admin with nothing to do with this ban? Seriously, this is not mature behavior.