[Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Snowdragon01

Re: [Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Post by Snowdragon01 »

Von Carstein wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:22 am
This just keeps getting better and better, this is the most fun I have ever had on the Citadel forums.

I will say that, if this was someone else, there would be no ban, or even any sort of ticket. True shame I didn't get to save all this peanut posting, I could open a stall at the circus with all of these!

Silicons wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 pm
- Von's previous note history is usually being too much of a "raging gamer" (see: basically can be summarized as 'killing people unnecessarily')
More like people cope about getting killed too often when they do something that gives me semi valid cause to robust them, and blame me instead of themselves for getting robusted in the first place. I will admit I am very lenient on the 'alright just shoot them' tactic but most of my note history is just pure salt, with the sprinkles of truth in it.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silicons wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 pm
- I personally wouldn't leave this ban at a perma. It should be a good time to remind to everyone involved to respond to these things in a nicer way (or at least in a way that isn't shitty enough that it'd be bad if we didn't do something about it from an administrative perspective and could allow it to feasibly be resolved IC, especially with the connotations of who Von is as a player and the reputation that they have built themselves on the server). This would probably be a day at most if I did it but then again I'm very much on the lenient side of the admin spectrum so there's that.
- It regardless stands as a valid administrative action because frankly I'm not here to defend telling people to fuck off and threatening to make them uncomfortable on purpose in retaliation either. That's shitty, and someone who's been playing here for so long should know this.
R0 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:15 pm
But, again, the way you responded to what they said was god-awful. From what I can see, I can’t understand how you thought that was an appropriate response to their request and, unless you’ve got a real good reason not captured in those logs, I don’t want to see something like that again.
PERSONALLY, I think its a complete waste of my time to go out of my way and have a polite conversation with someone who has already admitted they super baby hate me because I beat them up so badly one time they decided to try and kill me and Nayser and then cried when they got beatup again the next round and left mid admin messaging when they got bwoinked for it, and got permabanned themself.

Unlike Snowdragon01 I never forgot it because I thought it was one of the funniest things to happen on Citadel, that being said I am not an unreasonable person and this specific conversation makes it look like I am just randomly taking the piss out of someone for no reason, they have a history specifically with me and my usual group of "metabuddies" and I just don't have the patience for them. Anyone else and I admit, I would have probably had a much more polite response for but why would I bother with someone I know it's already a waste of my time on.

Mindles has and always will be the same shitter from before, big whoop not surprised!

And as for the whole "Carstein you've literally played here longer then most of the admin staff, you know better then to go out of your way to purposefully antagonize people to make them upset!!"

Yeeaaahhh, probably. I have a habit of going out of my way explicitly to piss people off because I am a pointy eared gremlin who thinks its ultimate form of comedy.

You've already had my previous saying that I am actually working on it from last time so I won't bother to repeat it again needlessly, I'm aware of it. But responding to someone that way was mostly just inclined by my point of view, I wasn't doing anything but talking to someone I had been talking too even BEFORE he showed up to the shift, he walked in and then instantly dropped that which is why I told him to fuck off on the spot, everything else afterwards was just my usual way of talking to Kryzstof_K and not actually related to bothering them because I instantly disregarded them and went back to doing my own thing. He was just standing there looking at a console he could look at another one less then 10 tiles away if he didn't want to listen to the conversation, maybe he should have done that instead of deciding to stand in the same spot for an hour, but what do I know?

Regardless the decision to apply the ban was still garbage and I disagree with your statement on "valid administrative action"

Anyone else would have just maybe yelled at me and told me to stop being edgy about it. Teak however is explicitly mad about the time I killed him too, so he used it as an excuse to permaban me. (See how this is a coincidence between player and administrator? Mad funny)
This is another situation entirely but you have a problem. My last incident with you was around 2019-05-01 or over two years ago. It really says something about your character if you're willing to remember someone from that long ago and still be mad at them and treat them badly. Get over it.
In the time since I've been unbanned I've only gathered two notes. One for accidentally killing a traitor friend and another from disconnecting as a head without ahelping. So that's what a year in a half without being a shitter? A little over? I think it's time to move on all of you who think that.
I have told you that there is no way that I could determine or choose what admin handles the ticket. Some people go offline and many others just appear as online or away. How can someone really determine whose online and whose sleeping or doing something else? You can't.
I've already said twice that your permanent ban was to much. I've stated that the original reason behind the support ticket was to see what to do in this situation.
If you really want to believe that this was all planned go ahead as I'm done defending that. I've stated what was needed. If you're going to be hostile with any of my characters in the future I guess I'll just have to hide who I play as.

Von Carstein

Post by Von Carstein »

Snowdragon01 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:59 pm
If you really want to believe that this was all planned go ahead as I'm done defending that. I've stated what was needed. If you're going to be hostile with any of my characters in the future I guess I'll just have to hide who I play as.
I literally never said it was planned once, I'm just of the opinion both Teak and yourself both equally kinda suck! You are confusing me for the rest of the peanut posting smoothbrains that decided to grace the appeal and turn it into this funny shitposting shenanigan spree.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Minor opinion of a former admin so take it with a grain of salt, but I do think a permaban for this is massively overblown (especially if I been reading this right and the perma was applied without even PMing either of the banned players first.

Obviously I cant see logs on the incident but while Von's response to being asked to move it was massively overblown, in multiple ways, I really cant imagine giving more than a dayban for this unless he has way more notes for overblown hostility than I remember.

Snowdragon01

Post by Snowdragon01 »

Von Carstein wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:15 pm
Snowdragon01 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:59 pm
I literally never said it was planned once, I'm just of the opinion both Teak and yourself both equally kinda suck! You are confusing me for the rest of the peanut posting smoothbrains that decided to grace the appeal and turn it into this funny shitposting shenanigan spree.
My mistake then.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

The parts of Rule 10 that I quoted were not rulings. They are the rules as written. As I said earlier, I do not think what came after constituted genuine adult content so what happened was not a Rule 10 break. However, I brought up it because there was a bunch of misconceptions about it, the original ban and its severity was based off it, and because it had relevance to what Amber Reesh asked.

Other people in this thread have called Von's reaction “remarkably hostile” and “massively overblown,” even while saying the permanent ban without so much as a ticket excessive. I’m with them on those two points. I am not saying you had to respond with a polite conversation to someone butting in abruptly and saying go somewhere else if you’re fucking, but you went above and beyond a curt “fuck off” because you don’t like the dude. People don’t have to get along, but a personal distaste is not a carte blanche to be a complete asshole at the slightest provocation.

Nevertheless, the staff made a mistake with the severity of the ban and how it was applied. As such, the appeal is approved.