[Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Trojan_Coyote

Re: [Timothytea] Von_Carstein - Dumb Ban Appeal

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Uncle Bourbon wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Oh no! Woe is me! A lewd joke! Clearly too far for my furry ERP server that talks about vore and how many dicks they can stick in their mouth on the common radio half of the time.
I actually heard some people played by admins basically do that, openly flirting or talking about sex on general comms where I have to say "Please stop you are making my ears bleed."
Or just sitting in the bar talking about their cock or how they wanna fuck a crewmember who is like 2 tiles away from them.

This is not constructive at all to the appeal. Stop peanut posting.

Nayser

Post by Nayser »

Trojan_Coyote wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:37 am
Uncle Bourbon wrote:
Oh no! Woe is me! A lewd joke! Clearly too far for my furry ERP server that talks about vore and how many dicks they can stick in their mouth on the common radio half of the time.
I actually heard some people played by admins basically do that, openly flirting or talking about sex on general comms where I have to say "Please stop you are making my ears bleed."
Or just sitting in the bar talking about their cock or how they wanna fuck a crewmember who is like 2 tiles away from them.

"This is not constructive, that is not constructive." You've made 3 messages lowkey telling people to shut up, I think that doesn't help here.

Allow me to explain how this is constructive. Admins are a shining example to other players how this game should be played and what are the boundaries of whats allowed and not. If we imagine for a moment that all admins work as team and have one understanding of server rules and whats forbidden on it then this ban is hypocritical. We should either ban the admins that have the same behaviour or unban people here that acted here same as mentioned admins to keep things fair, but i'd say they were a lot more subtle.

But ofcourse we shouldn't ban anyone for talking about sex or making sex jokes, this is citadel, "the furry ERP server" (take this with a spoon of sarcasm) and this is why this ban is just ridiculous. People who come here know what they are in for and if they choose to be offended by it, they have exactly chosen to be offended by it.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

I know I don't even go here but this seems like a silly ban. Overtly pedantic and nitpicky. You guys have always had a hateboner for VladCarstein, for some reason or another. I'm not saying that this is because of that, but I always feel the admin team is too harsh towards them... Admittedly, sometimes for good reason. He's a notorious powergay.

But was this really banworthy? It's not like they were fingerbanging someone in the chapel.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Nayser wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:41 am
Trojan_Coyote wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:37 am
Uncle Bourbon wrote:

"This is not constructive, that is not constructive." You've made 3 messages lowkey telling people to shut up, I think that doesn't help here.

Allow me to explain how this is constructive. Admins are a shining example to other players how this game should be played and what are the boundaries of whats allowed and not. If we imagine for a moment that all admins work as team and have one understanding of server rules and whats forbidden on it then this ban is hypocritical. We should either ban the admins that have the same behaviour or unban people here that acted here same as mentioned admins to keep things fair, but i'd say they were a lot more subtle.

But ofcourse we shouldn't ban anyone for talking about sex or making sex jokes, this is citadel, "the furry ERP server" (take this with a spoon of sarcasm) and this is why this ban is just ridiculous. People who come here know what they are in for and if they choose to be offended by it, they have exactly chosen to be offended by it.
Yes, I've told people to nicely shut up when they bring up unrelated things on the appeal because it just clutters the responses with unneeded messages. The posts I've done this on didn't have anything to do with the situation or other people's responses. This just creates more stuff you have to parse through when trying to figure out what exactly happened. It's unneeded and unwanted.

timothytea

Post by timothytea »

For further context, you are not that recently off from a permanent ban (for breaking the "don't be a creep" rule, just to exhibit creepy behaviour in this specific instance by threatening to talk about fetishes in front of someone. This behaviour is being a creep on purpose, and it's just not okay.

Von Carstein

Post by Von Carstein »

timothytea wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:52 am
This behavior is being a creep on purpose, and it's just not okay.
Commonly done as routine on Citadel for comedic effect, you literally have admins that purposefully go out of their way to be overly creeply just for shits and giggles.

But I "threaten" to tell someone something to prove my point in an argument that I am not doing anything in the first place and you apply a permanent ban? Again, be reasonable.

You are ignoring intent on the matter entirely.
Last edited by Von Carstein on Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

In my personal opinion a few lewd jokes and an IC threat shouldn't really be ban-worthy. Also feel like wordless perma/3-day banning should generally be reserved for egregious griefing. In spite of logs, it's usually good to get all sides of the story. I'm sure the courtesy of a heads-up that someone is being banned would also be appreciated.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

timothytea wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:52 am
For further context, you are not that recently off from a permanent ban (for breaking the "don't be a creep" rule, just to exhibit creepy behaviour in this specific instance by threatening to talk about fetishes in front of someone. This behaviour is being a creep on purpose, and it's just not okay.
Ragolution wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:59 am
I know I don't even go here but this seems like a silly ban. Overtly pedantic and nitpicky. You guys have always had a hateboner for VladCarstein, for some reason or another. I'm not saying that this is because of that, but I always feel the admin team is too harsh towards them... Admittedly, sometimes for good reason. He's a notorious powergay.

But was this really banworthy? It's not like they were fingerbanging someone in the chapel.
Finally, someone who sees the point here and isn't just entirely ignoring whole bits of the cake. The ban has been motivated by other means than an actual reason listed.

Teak, you're grasping at strings here.
Nayser wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:16 pm
If a majority of a non-important semi-public room (like bar clubroom or library game room) is in on a scene, find somewhere else instead of attempting to break it up - even if you do not like their scene.
So again, just to be clear, what have I done so to speak considering you banned me for so to speak the same reason or just being in the area? I don't think you gave an answer on my part other than just being the person literally AFK on the table talking about my breakfast while playing a game in the background. There's legitimately no erotic scene here, only talking, Amber is literally clueless with half the stuff and you pull speculation of grilled cheese being too erotic as justifiable for a three day ban/permanent for something entirely IC, while there was also no LOOC as well. As Nayser cited before, he should've just walked away if it was, considering he was only doing research on the console and not any robotics work at the time, he could've just gone into the R&D room and avoided talking to us at all. You've given punishment for things listed clearly different in the rules and what is a common thing for the server.

Do we need to start a movement to talk about our grilled cheeses and microwaving our toasted cheeses, seriously? Like, it's not a matter of not having one or anything right? You've eaten one of these things before, and if you have you should know that's just how food is. Like if we're talking erotic levels of just joking on food, you could draw the simplest conclusion that wetting noodles for soup or a plate of pasta can be considered erotic. Please, just because you get the wrong idea, doesn't mean everyone else does, get your head out of the gutter. And, I'm really not going to put effort into finding a way to make grilled/toasted cheese sound erotic because I do not want to ruin something I literally eat sometimes for a meal by having it replay in my head because of this circus show.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

For the benefit of outside observers, what was the other ban Teak was talking about?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Snowdragon01

Post by Snowdragon01 »

If a majority of a non-important semi-public room (like bar clubroom or library game room) is in on a scene, find somewhere else instead of attempting to break it up - even if you do not like their scene.
You may have missed the below quote
Players should not be forced to read your erotic scene while walking through the halls or their own department

Upon arriving to robotics the two were chatting about rubbing a butt on a tennis ball. Then one said they "put it in their donut hole."
After a bit during their chat one says during the cheese conversation that they want to smash the other and to be dripping around the edges.
Upon asking them to stop I was given a very bad attitude and told they would talk about feteshis in detail.
They then ignored it and started talking about hotdogging another and "leg up full frontal."
I have nothing against these two but if they're unwilling to admit they done wrong then they shouldnt be let back on the server. Especially when they claim to have not said anything sexual but vlearly have.