[Timothytea] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban/note appeal for non-existent scene

Krzyzstof_K

[Timothytea] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban/note appeal for non-existent scene

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

BYOND account and character name: Krzyzstof_K & Lolli Whirlbel

Banning admin: Timothytea

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main temp. ban, 3 days. I assume a note as well.

Ban reason: Refused to leave a public area during a scene when asked to. This is not acceptable, and you should always leave when asked in this situation.

Your side of the story:

Came on as assistant, acquired gamer belt and tools to break into the entire station as my leisure *Pushes up glasses*(I ended up not using this because I was so god damn lazy), ran around grabbing all the materials on pubby for when I met up with my metabuddy who asked to hang out with me for a conversation. Eventually made my way to robotics, deposited everything I had on me and committed horizontal on a table after messing with my polychromic ball. Following this time, Suvar had been just asking me up how I am, usually alright since I often have headaches due to just how I sleep as I had woken up recently prior to playing a few round with them which I believe engaged in talking about what I had made up for breakfast, toasted cheeses. Said secret process of how I make my 3-slice gooey toasted cheeses will remain hidden because I think people will clown on me for how I do it. (Yes, it involves microwaving the american cheese between the bread for a few seconds to nuke it into a gooey mess while keeping the whole wheat bread crispy.) After a bit I had explained how I made grilled cheeses, usually what I did for college and brought with me during long night, honestly not great for the heart but wrapping in tinfoil comes a long way happily.

At which this point I think Suvar messed with my boots or something in his Einstein of a moment of the "perfect" cheese, (Can I just enjoy my toasted cheese? :c ) and called him weird for it since I had wanted to egg him back for mocking how I make food, which came to the conclusion as "perfection", being weird is a natural thing between all people. We're all different. Also made some comments of stuff blatantly written in my flavor text, funny dog smells of cookie crumbs, which wasn't out of the blue, quite a few people mention it.

Then I think the topic switched to discussing about weird things, briefly brought up how I thought head patting/scratching is weird, I still honestly don't get it, maybe for praising someone or something but generally not my thing. Which I think is when Amber Reesh (Mindles - Widely known that you don't like me, I'm sure of it as you've metagrugded me in the past, and said various things on discord which I could probably bring to this situation to show this ticket they made was more than likely fueled by other intentions.) decided to blurt out something strangely offensive and assumptive, saying we were doing something sexual which I believe I took a moment to say we are not, unless you consider grilled cheese dripping...Apparently sexual? His own thoughts not mine, if he wants to think that, sure go for it, but it's not what happened.

After that the situation kind of devolved into Amber kind of making sure he kept our conversation to his attentions to butt in when and where possible, eventually causing me to tell him to fuck off, because at this point, I thought his behavior had become very obnoxious considering I had been just talking about my day and what I ate for breakfast.

I believe the only other thing I can remember happening was a plasma fire that occurred and they quickly locked down robotics to prevent any heat from coming in, which I made a reference to hotdogging (Hot plasma outside combined with dog becomes flaming hairless dog as due to many accidents in the past and the entire atmos being filled with fusion by me or Suvar trying to figure it out), which had also nothing to do with sex! So like, yeah that was it, eventually almost died in maintenance because we couldn't get to evac due to the griefers, getting a whole lot of the station surprisingly with no admins on to deal with it sadly.

I should also state that while doing all of this on the table chatting up Suvar, I had been playing warthunder testing out Fritz X bombs trying out their guidance on naval ships since I had recently unlocked them for my use, if you need a timestamp, my warthunder account saves all replays of each game I play, and I can give according timestamps of when I was doing this because heehooo, I definitely wasn't ERPing if that's still being put on the table.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Kind of a clown ban to begin with, sorry to say it. Genuinely believe these "logs" I've been told that exist are either completely misconstrued or straight up wrong, I also doubt they exist to begin with.

As for the reason? Why do I have to leave for a scene in not a public area actually, where we were talking in robotics was quite well cut off from the public, Amber just happened to want to butt into the conversation and be an entire asshole about it insisting we were having sex or something, and if anything, the person who made this ticket to begin with should be reprimanded for being an asshole for assuming so and enforcing so. He told us to stop doing these sexual things, which still didn't happen actually considering the situation of the station was in, so what is this ban for?

I don't think this was at all appropriate, nor did you take the time to take either person in question to discord to bother for what was going on, or at all look through logs. I assume Mindles just sent you screenshots without context and you banned us on a whim. Genuinely terrible admin behavior, I'm sorry to say it but yes, I'm disappointed with how fast this had to go for a mature community, we're expected to act mature and Amber acted far from it with his approach to the conversation we were happening was extremely offensive in nature.

Nothing happened, just someone crying over spilled milk because they don't like us, because I entirely believe this ticket had other motives for both ahelper, AND admin in question. Since last time I checked it's not a bannable reason to have your own character's story to them and their own uniqueness; Just because you're outside of the box doesn't mean you get to burn whatever up on the inside, walk away instead and find something else you can be apart of if you can't put together what the actual context is. I don't think was justified at all.

I'd also like to request at least one head admin to review this, because as I said, I'm extremely not satisfied with how this was handled, genuine inappropriate considering someone got a PERMANENT ban and me only a three day ban and for my own copy of the entire rounds chatlog for my use to cite and explain this in detail as I no longer have access to my client in game out of the blue, if this comes to it.

NicoDeimos

Re: [Timothytea] Krzyzstof_K - Main ban/note appeal for non-existent scene

Post by NicoDeimos »

Like with Von's appeal I don't believe a handful of jokes and teasing constitutes a 'scene' for the purposes of the don't be a creep rule and think this ban should be overturned, and probably not been placed to begin with.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

I reviewed the situation and the some of the logs surrounding it. While it’s difficult to read the raw .txt so I concede that I might have missed a thing or two, I do not think there was a problem on your part with what happened. I think you are right in stating it wasn’t a scene and, furthermore, I have trouble seeing it as genuine adult content. While I do consider there being a problem with how Von conducted themselves and there’s some things I would dispute about this appeal, I don’t think we need to get into it unless you absolutely need me to as I’m willing to lift the ban.

That said, in defense of the staff team, I want to say from what I saw things were not done on the basis of other motives. We were short staffed on people able to respond to the situation at that at time (myself asleep) and there was a genuine effort made by those available to deliberate the nature and severity of what went on. While I disagree on the conclusions and the way things were actually handled, which I will have to discuss with the team later, what happened was not from a grudge by a staff member.

As well, if you still require the logs, I can try to sort out what you might need tomorrow but it’s a genuine pain in my butt to parse this stuff and strip away the information that I need to.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

zI-H482 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:29 am
I reviewed the situation and the some of the logs surrounding it. While it’s difficult to read the raw .txt so I concede that I might have missed a thing or two, I do not think there was a problem on your part with what happened. I think you are right in stating it wasn’t a scene and, furthermore, I have trouble seeing it as genuine adult content. While I do consider there being a problem with how Von conducted themselves and there’s some things I would dispute about this appeal, I don’t think we need to get into it unless you absolutely need me to as I’m willing to lift the ban.
I'd happily like to have my ban removed considering I don't really see it as either nor at the time I had plans for such things, although I understand the circumstances of Von's conduct as well, but that's a separate thing and I do not control what he says or does, I can only provide guidance. I do apologize if my attitude came off as unruly towards this person as well, so I'll keep a note on limiting my interactions with said person to prevent further cases in the future.
zI-H482 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:29 am
That said, in defense of the staff team, I want to say from what I saw things were not done on the basis of other motives. We were short staffed on people able to respond to the situation at that at time (myself asleep) and there was a genuine effort made by those available to deliberate the nature and severity of what went on. While I disagree on the conclusions and the way things were actually handled, which I will have to discuss with the team later, what happened was not from a grudge by a staff member.

As well, if you still require the logs, I can try to sort out what you might need tomorrow but it’s a genuine pain in my butt to parse this stuff and strip away the information that I need to.
As for Teak handling this in general, I will leave it up to your discretion as the matter more focuses on the person who reported this all, you'll see a post in the other forum shortly addressing my concerns about the rules and said person. Though I would like those logs if you could give those whenever you get around to it, I'm in no rush as I'd happily like to come back to this situation to investigate parts myself being unable to properly point out certain bits.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Right, the appeal is approved and I’ll try to sort out the logs when I’ve got the free time.