[keekenox] IsThatDan - Citadel Station 13 Roleplay

IsThatDan

[keekenox] IsThatDan - Citadel Station 13 Roleplay

Post by IsThatDan »

BYOND account and character name: IsThatDan, John Johnson

Banning admin: keekenox

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Citadel Station 13 - Roleplay - NSB Adephagia

Ban reason:

Ban message: "Zero day griefer. See ya bud"
Additional context: I killed someone as bartender.

Your side of the story: Today was my first day playing Space Station 13. And because of this, I was a bit unfamiliar with all of the rules and expectations. The character I killed had the description of "Do whatever you want to me", and I thought rping the murder would be interesting. However, ignorance is no excuse for my behavior. It is unfair to your community that I ruin the game for others due to my unfamiliarity with how things should be done. I have taken it upon myself to read all the rules as well as basic expectations in all SS 13 servers to be a better member of any future community I am a part of.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Before I got the ban, I had been rping on the server for several hours and having a blast. This community was my favorite out of the servers I had tried thus far, and I would just really appreciate a second chance. I understand how it looks, and it makes sense to perma a new player to your server that is breaking the rules. But if given a second shot, whether that be a removal of the ban or reduction from perma, I swear I will abide by all of the rules and help craft fun stories with other members of the community. But again, I understand my word isn't worth much in this community yet, I just hope to be given another shot.

Keekenox

Re: [keekenox] IsThatDan - Citadel Station 13 Roleplay

Post by Keekenox »

I see. We get a lot of griefers from time to time and when I see that somebody's account is zero days old and murdered somebody, you can imagine how I'd assume it's just another one of those griefers that made a brand new account.

Our server has a lot higher expectation for things like roleplay than a lot of other servers, and we typically want people to play a sane, reasonable, and believable character.

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

I've thought about it a little bit and since you went through the effort to write up the ban appeal and all of that, I think it's clear that you want to give things a second chance, and I'm ready to go ahead and drop the ban, however I want to make sure it's understood that you really shouldn't go ahead and kill anyone or anything outlandish like that just because you were bored or because it seemed interesting or anything like that, and it might be a good idea to look over the rules again and also it might not be a bad idea to take a good look at the way the rest of the players tend to RP and conduct themselves.

IsThatDan

Post by IsThatDan »

I appreciate the leap of faith you are giving me Keekenox, and I hope to earn that trust through time. I have rereviewed the rules and will observe other players behavior to ensure I fall inline with the rest of the community.