[Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Thranos

[Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Post by Thranos »

BYOND account and character name: Thranos, Angel DeLavin

Banning admin: Trojan_Coyote

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Main, permanent.

Ban reason: "During round 28852, in conjunction with the CMO, Sergei Petrov, turned a catatonic body into a nugget, and removed their genitals. This was done because the person ghosted after being caught, being a traitor. In ahelps did not understand that this is a violation of the Don't Be A Creep rule, as well as our Sexual Content rules. You should understand that this is not in any way shape or form ok. When approached in ahelps, attempted to rules lawyer. This is a permanent ban."

Your side of the story &Why you think you should be unbanned:: During round 28852, after a prolonged manhunt, bombing spree, and murder spree, I nuggeted (the now comatose, having ghosted) Opie Houston, surgically removed his genitals, fed them to him, gave him brain damage and every disability genetics had to offer, dressed him in clown clothes, etc. The end intent being "making them as dickless and braindead as they acted" as a comedic punishment.

The above section was from my prior appeal for this ban, made within 48 hours of when I received it... in October of last year.
I talked with staff in Discord DMs about the ban and what exactly I'd done wrong in detail after that.
When I received this ban, and in the days following, I wasn't sure how exactly what I did violated the "Don't Be A Creep" or Sexual Content rules, primarily, I suspect, because I was viewing it as a player rather than an outsider looking in at the server. It's sunk in since that any usage of sexual mechanics, even something like manipulating an organ from them in much the same way as, say, a heart or liver, still falls within those rules and the way that interactions involving them are treated.

The incident that led to the ban was not intended in any way to be sexual in nature, and the resultant "attempt to rule lawyer" was more out of confusion than an attempt to escape consequences.
There was mention of "instances in the past" of similar incidents that I was involved in, but I am unsure of what, exactly, that's referring to, as the only incident even remotely similar to this involved Robin Bloom, who had notes that explicitly allowed anyone to do anything to him with no boundaries, and pre-approved OOC consent. I only mention this because the accusation from the past appeal thread seems to indicate a pattern of behavior that I sure as hell don't remember taking part in, and I'd like to clear that up due to the relevance to this ban.

In the aftermath of this ban that I am now appealing, I attempted to reach out to the banning admin (Trojan_Coyote) and apologize for the responses I gave in ahelps during the round in question, but I don't think the message ever got passed on, so I'd just like to say the contents of it here:
Could you pass on to Trojan that I apologize if I annoyed him in ahelps
I wasn't trying to rules lawyer, I had what amounted to a complete misunderstanding of what the issue at hand was at the time
In summary, my reason why I hope to be unbanned: I genuinely learned my lesson on this one. I know I have a history of bans (for other things), but not for things like this. I understand now that this goes beyond what I initially thought was an issue of "why would you do that to a braindead antag, that's messed up", and into the very serious territory of "this is nonconsensual usage of NSFW mechanics", and that intentionally or not, knowingly or not, this is a thing that admins cannot and should not respond to in any way but strictly, evenly, and decisively, as it could hold very serious issues for the server itself- on top of being fucked in general.

Trojan_Coyote

Re: [Trojan_Coyote] Thranos - Main Ban "Being A Creep"

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Honestly i'm all for giving you a last chance with the understanding that if you mess up in this vein again, you're gone for good.

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

While I cannot and thus will not promise to never mess up in general again, I can safely say that there's no goddamn way I'm going to do something like this again, having realized what the problem actually was as opposed to what I thought it was, and just how bad it looked from the outside, plus the reasons behind the policy for it.

Essentially, I was a dumbass for not realizing that any misuse of any even remotely ERP/NSFW/however you want to put it mechanic is rightfully a huge issue, if for no reason other than because of the amount of trouble it could very quickly turn into for the server itself.

I had been incorrectly acting under the assumption that the rule applied only to things done with the intent to be sexual and without OOC permission, as opposed to anything done with the mechanics period without permission. I apologize if my response seemed like rules lawyering, as that wasn't the intent, I was just... really confused and acting on what turned out to be incorrect assumptions, and wound up basically talking in circles.

I know I hardly have the best track record, but I would hope the fact that something like this never showed up in it prior to this despite how extensive it is will speak to the fact that this isn't something I've got a track record for, and I can be trusted not to do this again.

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Just to finish up the process here, it's been a while since the ban and it seems like you understand what went wrong. We're fine with giving you another chance with the understanding it's the last one, as Trojan said.

The appeal is approved.