Ban Appeal

CaliDaze

Ban Appeal

Post by CaliDaze »

BYOND Name: CaliDaze
Reason for ban: Griefing, spread dangerous virus...
Admin who banned you: thingpony
Length of ban: Perma

Appeal reason:

Hello,

I was in a round as a virologist, and yes I admit that I did spread an unauthorized virus to three other members aboard. That being said, nobody was killed as a result of my actions, and eventually I succumbed to my own created illness.

Anyway, I understand that certain actions can really hurt the playing experience for others, and I am sorry if that's what I did. But at the time there weren't many people on board, nobody wanted to RP or otherwise have any interaction with me, so I guess I thought that a mysterious virus might "spice things up" a little. Compared to what some people do on some servers, it really didn't seem like a big deal.

What I don't understand was why that would get me a permanent ban. The situation was dealt with, my character died as a result, and my body was launched into space. I stayed connected to the server for a while, and was not contacted by admin. I figured I would at least get a warning before getting permanently banned. But it didn't seem like anything was to come from it. I didn't know I was banned until I tried to log back in a couple days later.

I'm really hoping that the perma-ban can be lifted, or at least reduced. As I said before, I'm sorry if I ruined the experience for anyone else that round, but that wasn't my intention. Now that I know you guys take this seriously and consider it "griefing" I will definitely be more mindful in the future.

ThingPony

RE: Ban Appeal

Post by ThingPony »

Spreading virus's, harmful or non, is against our rules. Its considered Grief, regardless of if you meant for it to be or not. I'll lift your ban, but please look over our rules.

Appeal Approved.

CaliDaze

RE: Ban Appeal

Post by CaliDaze »

Thank you.

I understand now why it would be considered grief. I guess my only concern was why I didn't receive a warning before being permanently banned.

But I appreciate you granting my appeal and I look forward to my next round on the server.