[BlackMajor] Steven Enderson -Main Drone permaban

Steven Enderson

[BlackMajor] Steven Enderson -Main Drone permaban

Post by Steven Enderson »

Steven Enderson, Derelict Drone (Some number)

Banning Admin: BlackMajor

Ban Type/Duration: Ban from all "Drone" ghost roles, indefinitely.

Ban Reason:
"[ 2019-03-10 20:46:40 | CitadelStation | BlackMajor] Banned from drone - Went to the station as a derelict drone, where they dragged a dead wizard around. Last note said to drone ban them if they did something again, and low and behold, they did a pretty major one."

My side: I'm a dumbass and I am sorry about that.

Unbanning reasons:
1) I think it's kinda odd that the ban doesn't just apply to Derelict Drones specifically, as the rules that apply to playing them are different than those of a drone created by Robotics on the station, of which, I only broke the rules applying to the Derelict Drones.
2) It has been well over a year since I did this.
3) While I have no interest in playing as the Derelict drones (due to the isolating rule restrictions applying to them), I would like to be able to play as a station-made drone, since I find those to be more enjoyable to play as than standard cyborgs.

Thank you for your consideration, and I would like to apologize again for being a moron a year ago.

BlackMajor

Re: [BlackMajor] Steven Enderson -Main Drone permaban

Post by BlackMajor »

Point out what you said wrong in your unbanning reason 1 correctly and I'll lift this.

Steven Enderson

Wrong: "the rules that apply to playing them are different than those of a drone created by Robotics on the station"
The rules page seems to apply the rules as a blanket statement for all types of drones (both those made on station and Derelict).

The statement for drones that says "Follow your laws. Don't interfere with any being unless it is another drone. You cannot interact with another being even if it is dead."

Although, on that note, why are drones able to hear the silicon bot chatter channel (but not talk on it), as I'm presuming that above statement doesn't consider the AI/Cyborgs to be drones?

I'm also guessing that the above statement does not apply to if you started the round as a crewmember on Ice Box Station, used bluespace crystals to get into the pool that transforms you into a random mob (which includes drones, as I found out yesterday), and the pool just happens to turn you into a drone (so in other words, you are still your original character, and you didn't become a drone as a ghost role)?

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Still didn't point out the thing I want you to realise.

I'll give you a hint.

Consider what you did that got you drone banned.

Then compare that to this.

var/laws = \
"1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another Drone."
"2. You may not harm any being, regardless of intent or circumstance."
"3. Your goals are to actively build, maintain, repair, improve, and provide power to the best of your abilities within the facility that housed your activation." //for derelict drones so they don't go to station.

Steven Enderson

Did I break the rules as both a Derelict Drone and a NT Station Drone?
I only remember breaking them as a Derelict Drone.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

I'm a bit on the bothered side that I have to spell it out.

Consider the following, really think hard about it.

The note:
"Went to the station as a derelict drone, where they dragged a dead wizard around."

Drone law 1:
"1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another Drone"

What you thought the ban was for:
"I only broke the rules applying to the Derelict Drones."

I'm not lifting this until you can put the puzzle pieces together and understand why it was put in the first place.

Steven Enderson

I'm confused, I thought I already addressed what was wrong with my initial appeal post, "Wrong: "the rules that apply to playing them are different than those of a drone created by Robotics on the station"
The rules page seems to apply the rules as a blanket statement for all types of drones (both those made on station and Derelict).
"

In other words, I broke the rules that apply to all drones.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Ok turns out I'm actually stupid and somehow glazed over that first response where you actually got it right.

Sorry man for wasting your time, ban's lifted now.