[MAIN] NicoDeimos - poor handling of ahelp situation

timothyteapot

[MAIN] NicoDeimos - poor handling of ahelp situation

Post by timothyteapot »

BYOND Name of complaint against: NicoDeimos

Your BYOND name: timothytea

Date of issue and round ID: 25th of June, 2020, round ID is 23406

Reason for complaint:

During the round I was syringe gunned by Xekov Drake for not leaving chemistry, despite both him and me being assistants, and so I went and got a syringe gun and shot him back.

I was also informed over comms that he had killed Kate Coates (later on I was told by the admin in question that they didn't murder them and it was misinformation) and so I attacked his legs with a saw while he was (presumably) dead.

According to Nico, we try to avoid physical contact during ic escalation, and that responding with a syringe gun to their attack, was bad escalation on both of our parts. Meaning I was somehow in the wrong, to respond with a syringe gun, to a syringe gun. If people are going to be dicks, they should expect people to retaliate accordingly, and clearly the dude didn't handle this situation properly, as somehow he believed I was as much in the wrong as the guy who shot me with a syringe gun for existing in chemistry, when I shot him for ATTACKING ME.

timothyteapot

Re: [MAIN] NicoDeimos - poor handling of ahelp situation

Post by timothyteapot »

apparently after this they then noted me, so I guess this is also a note appeal at the same time now

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

For my part I did discuss the ticket in achat and gauge the opinions of the two other staff online Auris and Deltafire and they both agreed with the ruling. Xekov started it and was in the wrong for jumping straight to using a syringe gun loaded with poison to throw you out of a department he wasn't assigned. You had an opportunity after the first incident of ahelping to check if it was valid to fight back, instead choosing to print your own syringe gun to fight back. Ergo you both got warnings.

timothyteapot

Post by timothyteapot »

I shouldn't have to ahelp everytime I get attacked, just to get permission to fight back. if someone shoots me with a syringe gun, there's no reason as to why I shouldn't be allowed to shoot them back, noting me for this is ridiculous

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Post by CygnusB »

can you post the full note?

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

Attacking someone who is attacking you in the moment is perfectly fine. You didn't attack them in defense however, you went to the medlathe afterward to arm up and retaliate.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

The full note in question:
As a non-antag assistant got into a conflict with Xekolotof, another assistant, by trying to get into chemistry to allegedly help another player they thought was killed by Xekolotof. After being attacked with a syringe gun, went and printed one for themself to retaliate resulting in Xekolotof dying. Warned for poor escalation and advised to ahelp situations like that in the future.

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Time to give my position to this topic aswell.
While immediately escalating from saying 'get out' once to syringegunning you with incapacitating chemicals (which would have been relatively debillitating aswell if they didn't purge them right after removing you from chemistry), coming back after twenty minutes and hitting them with an overdosing + addicting amount of morphine, then killing them when they returned fire is not fine either.
Therefore, both of you were dealt with accordingly.

timothyteapot

Post by timothyteapot »

if people start shit, they should be expected to receive retaliation, we're not skyrat, and shouldn't be hugboxing peoples ability to retaliate accordingly, this is ridiculous

Martin

Post by Martin »

This note is an overescalation. Teak could have assumed that Xek had a reason to retaliate with a syringe gun(his reason could have been the fact that he at that point thought that Xek murdered Kate). Him taking revenge with a syringe gun later is completely normal in my opinion. Xek was an assistant in chemistry. So he was not in his department which gave him no right to keep chemistry to himself. This was simply a fight between assistants and though it might be stupid, is fine and no reason to note Teak. Not to mention there was not any security on station.