JennaSilver - Protean Application

JennaSilver

JennaSilver - Protean Application

Post by JennaSilver »

Discord name: TooManyCharacters#2126

Byond ckey: JennaSilver

Characters you currently play: Amber Nash, Kiri'stal, Hyatchktak, Patch-Kit

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Clockwork (Blessing?(maybe sounds a bit pretentious...))

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Clockwork was created for the express purpose of keeping things in sync, therefor he is driven by a wild desire of keeping everything in perfect timing. The project was funded by a shady group based on Earth bound by the classic clocks and cogs, so Clockwork tends to take an appearance matching such machinery.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are essentially a blob of nanites controlled by a central control system stored inside them. They were created all over the galaxy, generally from bootleg NIFs and the like. They are able to assemble themselves into whatever appearance they prefer, can ventcrawl and eat metal to repair themselves, your average nanite swarm (pre world consumer).

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect warnings, job bans and race bans if I abuse rules, I respect the admins and their judgment to uphold them.

Nethaufer

Re: JennaSilver - Protean Application

Post by Nethaufer »

Your behavior as Kiri (one that many players have noticed) of pushing the boundaries of the rules with breaking into places (even having in your sec records that this was to be expected of the character) really makes me wary of giving you access to a species that can enter wherever they want so long as there's a vent connecting

JennaSilver

Post by JennaSilver »

Kiri is intended to be a hacker, I plan on playing a very mature and straight laced character with this one, and should have very little reason to access places beyond what they already have access to. It was placed as a warning in Kiri's security record for a reason after all.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

You have to understand that Kiri's habit of breaking into places would make any admin pause. Even if it's a trait of the character or not, you yourself are making the decision to break in.

That being said, you actually keep a character's quirks separate between characters, and have otherwise been a good player on the server, so I'm willing to give my support on this.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

JennaSilver wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Kiri is intended to be a hacker, I plan on playing a very mature and straight laced character with this one, and should have very little reason to access places beyond what they already have access to. It was placed as a warning in Kiri's security record for a reason after all.
A record that was deemed to be very farfetched.

Either way, I'm neither for or against this.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

-1 No way, your behavior as many of your other characters leads me to lack support to this. Kiri's habit is especially concerning but your lack of good behavior as Amber leads me to believe this is less of a character issue and more of a player one. I cannot support this and feel the need to move against it as I know it will cause issues.

My secondary concern about this is you have a very long (years) history of Powergaming and abuse of position according to our records. I personally do think this has improved after observation, but not enough to allow you to have a protean whitelist.

My Apologies, Hopefully after your behavior in-game improves if this doesn't get passed now, we can revisit this, and I Would at that point be happy to support it. But I've seen chucklefuckery from you as early as this week so I just can't allow this to go by, I'm sorry Jenna.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

I'll be the first to admit I was not aware of how many notes you had picked up since you started playing again. I'm gonna have to withdrawn my support for this.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Moving to denied.